blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:14:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  My Personal 2013 Challenge with updates
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Personal 2013 Challenge with updates  (Read 26085 times)
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2013, 10:49:03 PM »

Question for the reg online cash grinders... do you sit 6 or 9 seat tables? and why? Are the 9 seaters softer than the 6?

chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2013, 11:39:00 AM »

I just finished a mini session this morning, I only played 4 tables so I could both concentrate and start to label up the players at this level. The session started out well but finished pretty dull. I had some good hands and played some solid poker early on, and quickly won 1bi then started to get good cards but not getting paid off, followed by getting good cards only to be bettered.

The starting roll was $150 and I have lost roughly 1bi. I did run into AA twice once with QQ and another with AQ on a Q 6 8 board.

I have marked a few hands (12) and if anyone on here doesnt mind Id like to send to them to go over... skype address is sean.clarke1403

I also noticed that quite a few of the people that were playing 8+ tables were sitting with the minimum and just trying to spin it up? is this something I will come across as I move up or just something they tend to do at the lower levels?

Overall -$11.01

I have to go and buy a helmet for this competition tomorrow but will be back on later for another session, I am going to stick to max 4 hour sessions to make sure I try to play my A game.

VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2013, 11:59:20 AM »

Nice to see you are on track and rolled Sean.  Hope you find some help with hand histories - PHA board a few?  Or use other forums elsewhere and spread out the feedback - pocketfives or 2p2?

Have you looked at other staking options, if that is still a route you are interested in - like Bankroll Supply or Pocarr for example?

Still snowing in Cumbria.  Are you in Newcastle but from Cumbria originally - if so, where?

'Enjoy' your challenge tomorrow.
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2013, 12:05:03 PM »

Hello mate, I have given up on the whole staking idea, my sample size in tiny and I understand that for someone to stake me or back me they would want to see more results than I currently have to offer... so for now I have rolled myself and giving the online cash scene a go!!

I am originally from Rugby near Coventry but recently (august last year) moved to Newcastle for work. I know the weather isnt great but I just got an email telling me that its still on and in the small print all competitors need to have a helmet!! :S

I will post a few on the HH when I get back... see what peoples thoughts are!
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2013, 06:32:18 PM »

Its been a bit of a crazy day... I dropped 5.5bi in the space of about 30 hands... ran into about 4 sets on 4 diff tables with an over pair to the board... but on the positive I didnt let it effect me and ive managed to grind my way out of the hole and now sat with a tiny profit Smiley

Overall

2170 hands played

Profit $0.59 could very easily been -60+ really happy that ive managed to keep calm and dig myself out of it!!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2013, 09:19:11 AM »

Question for the reg online cash grinders... do you sit 6 or 9 seat tables? and why? Are the 9 seaters softer than the 6?

you're talking NLHE right? I think fundamentally the games are similar but stylistically they play out much differently, the simplest reason being that 9max is generally a LOT tighter (more players with more hands) it's goes a little deeper but its really just down to preference. Try both, see what you like - I know shipitonetime who has a diary here reg grinds them both at the same time.

Be very cautious/attentive as you go into a different format though.

Good decision on the staking thing mate, learn it all yourself, on your own money it's so much better for morale/less pressure/more fun

glgl

chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2013, 10:06:10 AM »

Suuprlim yeah NHLE I should of been clearer...

I have gone to load up HM this morning for a session and its not working... so I have put the session on hold to try and get this sorted... My laptop has been going crazy today with error after error...

chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2013, 11:29:45 AM »

Still cant fix HM it just wont open!! If I reinstall will I lose database?
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2013, 05:03:42 PM »

Complete system Reboot complete... I tried to restart the computer earlier and it just went nuts... couldnt load windows or anything... few hours later and a system reboot complete and im back on...

Database gone, re installed HM and everything else... complete NIGHTMARE!!
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2013, 08:37:45 PM »

Grrrr I seem to have a self destruct button!! Again played some solid poker then run into AA a few times and BOOM the self destruct mode is enabled!!

So frustrating!! I need to enforce a 2bi stop... soon as I lose a few biggish pots I start widening my range and when I miss start barrelling off like a man possessed!! After being up 4.5bi I finish the session down 5 bi!!

So really when I think about it I lost about 10!!! Buy ins!! What a muggle!! The swings are pretty brutal and I need to get on top of it asap or I will just end up going Busto!!

Here is the graph... ive had to start from scratch cause of my laptops malfunction this morning which is quite annoying but when I left off I was only pennies in profit!

chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2013, 01:04:47 AM »

After my little tantrum earlier I went on a mission to find some chips for me tea... I am currently walking like I have been in prison for the last 6 months after being anally raped one after the other... for those that follow me on here will be pleased to know I completed the event yesterday, the results havent been posted yet but it was very hard going, cycling and running in 2ft of snow over the pennines... I am in tatters today.

Anyway, I couldnt find a bloody chip chop that was open on a sunday evening... so settled for curry and chips from the chinese... Still screwing from my poor play and mental state from earlier I decided I would leave it alone tonite and watch the last round of the golf on the tele and see Tiger take his place on top of the world again!!

Gutted!!!! postponed because of thunder storms... so I demolish my food and load up another 8 tables of NL10 within half an hour im down 5bi and in a 100$ hole for the day!! GREAT NEWS when I only started with a 15bi roll cause I was going to "crush" these games!! LOL

I quickly closed 4 tables and carried on playing with 4 tables.. I started to get some cards AA twice a few KK, QQ, and started to get paid off a lil bit at a time... I am happy to announce that I clawed my 5bi downswing back and had a BREAKEVEN session!! However it feel like its been a WIN to claw it back!!

as I am writing this I lose a pot AcKc to 4c5c he flops the straight flush!! NICE!!!

Time to shut her down and go to bed I think...
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2013, 02:27:56 AM »

Welcome back Chelsea boy, post Smiley
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2013, 12:14:07 PM »

Thanks for the welcome back, I havent really been anywhere and still been on here on a daily/weekly basis reading the blogs that I have followed for sometime now just havent really posted anything.

quick recap...

I have come to the conclusion that no matter how good a player I think I am or thought I was in truth without the correct BRM and attitude to handle the swings I am and was just donating money to the daily grinders. Basically I am just another fish in the sea. With this is mind I havent really played much poker at all, I have been working quite a lot and dedicated a lot of my energy and time into another challenge.

A few years ago my cousin Sophie was born with Down Syndrome, I decided 78 days ago that I would run a minimum of 5km a day for a 104 days (the day I leave to go to Egypt for a weeks break) to raise money for the "Down Syndrome Research Foundation". I am quite happy to report that I have ran every day for 78 days and a total distance of 411.50km I have been using the app Runtastic to post all my runs on facebook for my family and friends to follow.

I have raised a total of £368.61 so far with a further £1 a day for everyday that I run to add to this....so if I dont take a rest day which I dont plan on I can add another £104 to the total Smiley

On the poker front I have been saving all my spare cash for my Holiday with my partner to Egypt on the 25th of July and deciding whether or not I will continue to play or not, I love the game and have a huge passion for it. But the reality is that if I dont control my BRM and attitude then I am just wasting my time and money. I thought about posting on the staking thread to get something going but I dont feel I have the results or credibility on here to warrant asking to play with another mans dime, however it would help with the BRM issue.

Run 79 today with another 25 to go Smiley

http://www.justgiving.com/Sean-Clarke1

dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2013, 06:29:15 PM »

Mate, great post, very honest. I have no doubt you're not a 'fish' (fekking hate that term tho, so overused to defend individual shortcomings). It's very easy to get seduced nye the success of some of the big winners on here - my only advice is to play to a level which isn't detrimental to your work, relationship, etc. If you manage a bink then great, but be sensible with brm in the meantime.... Gl
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2013, 10:24:58 PM »

Run 80 tonight to take me to a Total of 421.54km or 261.93 miles!! Wink Only 24 days till I stop this madness and the same till I go on holiday.

I have loaded up my stars account with a Total of $53 I am going to give 5nl a run... should someone who reads this wish to come in with me at spot (50/50 split based on $50) to help with my BRM then it would be great cause I would be reluctant to attempt to spin it up when I know its not all my money. I need to forget that its nl5 and play the same as I would if I was sat with £100, this is where I have struggled in the passed at the lower levels and just flick it in without a great deal of thought.

I am only going to 4/6 table for now and see how I get on, need to stay focused. The g/f is away for the next few weeks with work so I should get plenty of time to stick some hours in pending I can nurse this small roll Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: