blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:57:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  My Personal 2013 Challenge with updates
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Personal 2013 Challenge with updates  (Read 26084 times)
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 05:09:49 AM »

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 11:37:59 PM »

After a pretty miserable start to this yesterday I had a coaching session today where we went over all of my previous days hands... There was some bad run but also there was some shocking play on my behalf... some small leaks that lead to me spewing chips and putting myself in tough spots where I didnt need to be.

Anyway im feeling a lot more positive now.

Games Played: 73

Profit: -$73.08

I could beat myself up already that im in a small hole but I have to take the positives out of it, 73/8000 is such a tiny sample so I am more than confident that this will turn around sooner rather than later.

hiamchris

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 11:57:10 PM »

Good luck with the challenge, i don't know if you put it but are you playing turbo's or the standard speed sit n gos? allso i don't know if others will agree but i think in general the 18 player sit n go's will give you a better win rate, the standard from what i saw last year is worse in those than stt's as you don't have as many regs in them. In the one table games it seems that half the players are 4/8/12+ tabling and it doesnt seem anywhere near the same ratio in the 18 mans.
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 12:03:09 AM »

Yeah I have been playing the turbo's... I have mainly been playing the 9's but have played the odd 18 and 45 man.

I normally run a set of 6 games 4 x 9's and 1 of the other 2.

I will be trying 8 tables tomorrow, the main issue I have is that I dont like cascading the tables and have them tiled over my screen. I only use my laptop so I think that any more than 8 could be tough

we will see how it goes over the coming weeks and months!
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 12:08:13 AM »

With the volume targets you have set why don't you just play one specific game and try and master that one ? Never been a fan of mixing different sngs, even the best players in these games pick up small leaks when they start mixing.

If you want to play more tables try stacking them and see how you find it.

GLGLGL.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 12:16:04 AM by mondatoo » Logged
MTT DESTROYER

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2013, 12:14:26 AM »

Do you think you could be trying to run before you can walk?

A month ago you were posting amateurish HH's, one where you overshoved a million bb's deep in a tourny with the virtual nuts and now you are 8 tabling?Huh?

Dont want to sound negative as i'd love you to succeed and prove me wrong, and hopefully you do, just wondered that's all, dont want you going broke as I love your enthusiasm for the game!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 12:34:53 AM by MTT DESTROYER » Logged
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2013, 09:40:14 AM »

With the volume targets you have set why don't you just play one specific game and try and master that one ? Never been a fan of mixing different sngs, even the best players in these games pick up small leaks when they start mixing.

If you want to play more tables try stacking them and see how you find it.

GLGLGL.

I appreciate your advise and will put it to my coach/staker and see what he thinks, I feel a lot more comfortable in the 9 seaters, and what you say makes sense. You play a 9 seater different to a 45 so I can see what you mean about the small leaks etc.

Thanks
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2013, 10:18:09 AM »

I played 1,500 9 mans last year ave stake $3.50 as per sharkscope for just $511 profit. Not much money to be made there, only made top 10 in the SNG weekly leaderboard twice too but players were a lot weaker in the 'KO' format, as people just call off 50-60% of stack with any ace to try and KO someone.

chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2013, 10:23:58 AM »

Do you think you could be trying to run before you can walk?
I spent the end of last year playing all kinds of mtt's and stg with no real focus or aim. The targets I have set are both realistic and achievable If I get crushed at the 3.50 level week on week then I have no problem dropping down to the 1.5's but with the coaching I am getting I am more than confident that I will be on the positive side sooner rather than later

A month ago you were posting amateurish HH's, one where you overshoved a million bb's deep in a tourny with the virtual nuts and now you are 8 tabling?Huh?
The amateurish hand that you describe was deep in a comp where I jammed tptk after over looking the hand and speaking to some guys on here I didnt get the best value out of the hand that I should of. But were not all pros on here doing this for a living, so I am still learning as im sure most of us always are.

Dont want to sound negative as i'd love you to succeed and prove me wrong, and hopefully you do, just wondered that's all, dont want you going broke as I love your enthusiasm for the game!
Dont worry about the negativity both valid questions, I wont go broke because I am in a 50/50 staking partnership with coaching so im not playing with my own roll, which helps to a certain degree but also the added pressure of playing with someone elses dollar has taken a little bit of getting used to.

Any more questions feel free to ask!

VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2013, 11:20:10 AM »

Bit of advice I have taken from more knowledgable people than myself:

- Get really specifc about not only the whats but the whys of each goal and the underlying reasons for wanting this
- Understand what obstacles may get in your way and how you will overcome them
- How will you pick yourself up when you are down?  What will inspire you to keep going?
- Get into mental game work, read/get free audio verison of The Mental Game of Poker - just so so helpful for anyone putting in volume

I have been doing loads of work on goals and it has really helped me get motivated, find inspiration when I need it, understand why I play poker and why I want to achieve my goals and how that will benefit me in ways other than just the obvious potential financial gains.  I also really break down each goal so I know the steps it takes to get there.

Most of all, GL in 2013.
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 11:35:09 AM »

Bit of advice I have taken from more knowledgable people than myself:

- Get really specifc about not only the whats but the whys of each goal and the underlying reasons for wanting this
- Understand what obstacles may get in your way and how you will overcome them
- How will you pick yourself up when you are down?  What will inspire you to keep going?
- Get into mental game work, read/get free audio verison of The Mental Game of Poker - just so so helpful for anyone putting in volume

I have been doing loads of work on goals and it has really helped me get motivated, find inspiration when I need it, understand why I play poker and why I want to achieve my goals and how that will benefit me in ways other than just the obvious potential financial gains.  I also really break down each goal so I know the steps it takes to get there.

Most of all, GL in 2013.

Great Post.. Thanks!!
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 10:42:59 PM »

Another horrible day, but managed to dig myself out of a hole for more or less a break even session.

On a positive side note it was good to see Demba Ba sign for us, should give us the strike power that we have been missing.

Games Played: 128

Profit: -$68.09

Coach has been over my hands and thinks im just on the wrong side of variance, I am getting in ahead the majority of the time and just getting coolered or losing the flips. The key is that I havent been tilting and keeping my head.

2 days to play 22 more games to hit the 150 for week 1. This wont be a problem and I will squeeze as many as I can in to get ahead of the 8000. This will allow for my weeks holiday to egypt in the summer and any other time that I feel I need to take off.
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2013, 12:30:58 AM »

Sat watching "The Green Mile" with the mrs and I loaded up a 180 $2.50 game I finished 2nd for a nice little score and to get myself back on track...

Updated stats for the year Smiley

Games played: 130

Profit $7.99

chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2013, 10:30:43 PM »

Its coming up to the end of my first week in my year challenge... so far so good, I think its been good that I started on a 25 buy in down swing so that I dont get to far ahead of myself thinking that I can crush these games and build myself up for a mighty downswing. I have never put in any serious volume in at any level and its been an interesting week. I am not sure what a normal downswing at these games are but after doing some research and reading some of the threads on here I think it varies but can be as much as 30-50 buy ins.

I know some of you guys stick in my weeks volume in a day (mondatoo), but for the time being im happy with the amount I have got in. I have set another little goal to beable to 10 table by the end of april. I am currently still 6 tabling, I just struggle with stacking the tables cause sometimes they change screen to another table as your about to click, and cascade is a bit all over the place. I need to spend more time on TN and understand it a bit more. The reason I only play 6 at the min is because I can tile them all over my screen.

I have only played 32 games today, but had a positive day. I had a coaching session again this morning looking at bubble spots and bubble play which is helping me move in the right direction.

Games Played: 162

Profit: $34.56

I plan to play a little bit tomorrow which will help get ahead of myself, I am off to austria for a few days in Feb with work so I need to make up for the short fall next month.

rbc_mike

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2013, 12:24:45 PM »

Always enjoy reading your updates chelseaboy, keep it up!

Dying's for fools.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: