blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:19:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cheltenham 2013
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham 2013  (Read 45234 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 03:46:36 PM »

Flyingbolt won the Champion Chase at 1/5.  No idea if there were any shorter

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2013, 03:50:05 PM »

Arkle was 1/10 for the Gold Cup in 1966.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2013, 05:11:07 PM »

booked tickets today, def going tues/weds/thurs maybe gc day in corporate
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013, 02:19:02 PM »

add £50 reve de silvola for world hurdle at .

If it wins the cleave tommorow it could start off 7/2 for the world hurdle. If its a slowly run tactical affair oscar whiskey might just get home but im convinced its not a 3m festival winner.

its more to have an interest in the race as its one of my fav races at the festival but will be a dull affair with no big bucks this year
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 02:27:04 PM by action man » Logged
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2013, 10:08:35 AM »

any thoughts on yesterday? my thoughts are that the new one is still a good thing for the neptune and that the pace was suspect in the cleave and im still unsure about Oscar whiskey in the world hurdle.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2013, 10:51:36 AM »

Looked very much one of those days that when the ground drys out the form will be chucked all over the place.

The one horse that did impress was Fishers Cross. Has AB written all over him, the way he picked up in that ground up the hill was brilliant.

Not sure what they are playing at with Tidal Bay, if he is defo going hurdling should he not have been in the Cleeve? If he had won Argento, no way could he have gone hurdling without leaving themselves wide open for mass criticism.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2013, 04:31:42 PM »

maybe they knew he wouldnt run in either?
Biddy 62

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2013, 07:04:11 PM »

Tidal bay was described by his trainer slightly lame so thats why he did'nt run. Thought Imperial commanders run was great to say he'd been off the track for nearly 2 years on ground that does'nt favour him. Can't believe he's still 25's Biggest dissapointment was Gran Crus again. Agree about At Fishers cross.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2013, 07:47:57 PM »

Tidal bay was described by his trainer slightly lame so thats why he did'nt run. Thought Imperial commanders run was great to say he'd been off the track for nearly 2 years on ground that does'nt favour him. Can't believe he's still 25's Biggest dissapointment was Gran Crus again. Agree about At Fishers cross.

At Fishers Cross was a classic McCoy ride. One of those situations where there's no one else you want on your horse for that finish.

Horrible if you happen to have bet the other horse (see "FML")

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2013, 03:31:02 AM »

At Fishers Cross was a classic McCoy ride. One of those situations where there's no one else you want on your horse for that finish.

the new one just got outstayed in the conditions, in good ground the new one wins doing handstands.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2013, 04:23:05 AM »

Not arguing, that's why I said FC ran a great Albert Bartlett trial.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2013, 05:25:01 AM »

did you get a look at its action in the mud adz? think better ground be a help or hinderance?
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2013, 08:33:49 AM »

Tbh I wouldn't be sure mate. He has made massive leaps in last few runs, and if they think he would improve on better ground then you would think they may fancy their chances in the more prestigious shorter race.

Based on last two runs I would go AB, but JP loves the big handicaps so wouldn't rule out Pertemps.

minefield!

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2013, 10:15:42 AM »

amazing the difference in mccoy on ATC and the winner in the last yesterday to his "ride" on binocular

only the green and gold colours would treat a champion hurdle as a trial

maybe mccoy got confused and thought he was on one of jonjos at ludlow on a wet tuesday
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2013, 10:48:37 AM »

amazing the difference in mccoy on ATC and the winner in the last yesterday to his "ride" on binocular

only the green and gold colours would treat a champion hurdle as a trial

maybe mccoy got confused and thought he was on one of jonjos at ludlow on a wet tuesday

Ha!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: