blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:42:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Like Sport, Love Winners - Bettingemporium.com
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Like Sport, Love Winners - Bettingemporium.com  (Read 134707 times)
JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: March 11, 2014, 06:50:12 PM »

Was it a good day for BE?  I was humming and hawing over buying the package but decided against it on the basis that its Cheltenham and i would prefer to win or lose on my own.  I have heard of groups chucking in £20 each though and 5 of them having the info, seems pretty low to me. 

It was a disappointing day for us. The good news though is that tomorrow has no bearing on what happened today and Neil has done and will still be doing a huge amount of work for the remaining three days. I have followed Neil's judgement for a long time now and I will continue to do so as I know that he is a long term winner.

There is a t&c that says that information can not be shared and if people do share they could have their accounts closed with no refunds. We can't really do much other than that though unfortunately.

Each of the remaining three days are £30 each.
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 11, 2014, 07:08:18 PM »

Feeling a bit sick now. Our Conor was a big bet and I'm sad that such a good horse is lost. I gave a great mention to Jezki in the race and could of easily tipped it but I decided to stick with one and then I decided it wouldn't be great to tip four or more horses in the last so I mentioned my shortlist and said it had proved too tough for me. The shortlist included the winner and as 20/1 place.

Despite that I am now dealing with lots of people on Facebook who don't seem to be subscribed slagging me off. Not sure how they know what I bet or how they have the time to care.

I certainly feel I was right to predict fast ground and that really can't help Sire du Grugy. All the offers tomorrow will be around that one.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 11, 2014, 07:12:01 PM »

"Better to be known and hated than never to be known at all"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 11, 2014, 07:39:49 PM »

Sorry to hear it didn't go to plan today. Evidently, people think getting an intelligent opinion on a race card of day one at Cheltenham means dead certs and loadsamoney. And they definitely understand variance. I expect they'll be upset at having lost some of their stake money for their premier league acca for Saturday.

I remember a comment a wise sage once made in response to an NFL bet he stuck up on Twitter. It lost and he got a load of abuse from people about the fact they'd followed him and done their stake.

His observation was that he'd probably lost more on that bet than everyone who'd followed the bet put together.

Forget the fella's name. Didn't win the Poker Million anyway. That much I know.

All the best for the rest of the week. If you get stuck, ask Mr Brammer.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 11, 2014, 07:46:37 PM »

GL tomorrow guys!

I can't remember if I have asked this before but its certainly something I'd be more interested in. Is there a consideration to have a subscription only service but have an annual membership, or is it just going to be sign ups for one off events. 

I suppose the issue is trying to price how much the service is worth and if people would be prepared to pay that to start with especially for recreational punters. 
JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 11, 2014, 07:51:21 PM »

GL tomorrow guys!

I can't remember if I have asked this before but its certainly something I'd be more interested in. Is there a consideration to have a subscription only service but have an annual membership, or is it just going to be sign ups for one off events. 

I suppose the issue is trying to price how much the service is worth and if people would be prepared to pay that to start with especially for recreational punters. 

If we had an established annual schedule of events for a year that would be a good idea. I think people would be paying not really not knowing what they were exactly getting if we did it now though.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 11, 2014, 08:09:38 PM »

A fantastic horse was lost today, we can recoup the money. Forget the haters Neil and carry on as you were.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 11, 2014, 08:30:30 PM »

A fantastic horse was lost today, we can recoup the money. Forget the haters Neil and carry on as you were.

No such haters on superbowl night when the service 'hosed' up.  One of my poker mates paid £99 for the week today from BE who loves a punt and has won a fortune following it as he had the CH winner ew which Neil effectively tipped up but didn't put it up as an account bet.  He won plenty laying other horses Neil said were too short in the betting as well.  He said the write ups were amazing on a race by race basis with far more information than he was expecting.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 11, 2014, 08:50:49 PM »

No such haters on superbowl night when the service 'hosed' up.  One of my poker mates paid £99 for the week today from BE who loves a punt and has won a fortune following it as he had the CH winner ew which Neil effectively tipped up but didn't put it up as an account bet.  He won plenty laying other horses Neil said were too short in the betting as well.  He said the write ups were amazing on a race by race basis with far more information than he was expecting.

Everyone is silent when it works, come out of the woodwork when it's not exact. Your right, In quite a few races Neil's reasoning was spot on, but you have to make a choice eventually and today it hit the woodwork, a different choice and all of a sudden CH winner and last race "officially on the books" and it's in profit.

I didn't even get back the price of the day today (unfortunately the week is just out of my reach) however I have no doubt Neil will be in profit over the week as those choices go in swings and swongs and good luck to him too, don't know him personally but seems to wear his heart on his sleeve and stands by his convictions and that's good enough for me.

Good luck for the rest of the week chaps.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 11, 2014, 09:02:49 PM »

No such haters on superbowl night when the service 'hosed' up.  One of my poker mates paid £99 for the week today from BE who loves a punt and has won a fortune following it as he had the CH winner ew which Neil effectively tipped up but didn't put it up as an account bet.  He won plenty laying other horses Neil said were too short in the betting as well.  He said the write ups were amazing on a race by race basis with far more information than he was expecting.

This.

I don't have time these days to spend time analysing the races. The write ups are just what I want to "mix" with my own thoughts, and point me in the right direction for both backing and laying.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 11, 2014, 09:06:34 PM »

Was it a good day for BE?  I was humming and hawing over buying the package but decided against it on the basis that its Cheltenham and i would prefer to win or lose on my own.  I have heard of groups chucking in £20 each though and 5 of them having the info, seems pretty low to me. 

It was a disappointing day for us. The good news though is that tomorrow has no bearing on what happened today and Neil has done and will still be doing a huge amount of work for the remaining three days. I have followed Neil's judgement for a long time now and I will continue to do so as I know that he is a long term winner.

There is a t&c that says that information can not be shared and if people do share they could have their accounts closed with no refunds. We can't really do much other than that though unfortunately.

Each of the remaining three days are £30 each.
Having 4 out of the 5 fallers didn't help. Bit gutted reading about the last now, I chose to keep my powder dry. I didn't really trust myself after the meh day and getting stuck a bit more didn't take my fancy. Looking forward to  the rest of the week and I'm extremely happy with the overall info as I expected to be. Not sure why I didn't sign up a week before instead of this morning, not like it would have mattered.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 12, 2014, 09:00:29 AM »

Day 2 Weds 12th March

The write ups for the Neptune (130pm) and the Queen Mother Champion Chase (320pm) have now been published
JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 12, 2014, 12:13:26 PM »

The RSA, The Coral Cup and the Cross Country are all now up.
JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 12, 2014, 12:59:08 PM »

The write ups for the The Fred Winter & the Bumper have now been published. All seven races for day 2 are now available
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 12, 2014, 01:34:29 PM »

Great write ups so far

Lets hope today is a little more fruitful

I am on and currently sat at work looking like this...

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: