blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:18:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Like Sport, Love Winners - Bettingemporium.com
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Like Sport, Love Winners - Bettingemporium.com  (Read 134544 times)
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: July 31, 2014, 03:44:07 PM »

Not really sure keep getting 2nd and 3rd in these races. (my own stuff and neil's) No winners not sure how ive not gone broke!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 31, 2014, 03:44:26 PM »

agreed re prices

Found it quite hard to get the prices today, first two days little issues.

Have more members come onboard today? Or maybe its just people upping stakes
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 31, 2014, 03:48:30 PM »

This doesn't even feel real. I am in front through a combination of backing Neil's stuff and a few of my own.  Its obviously difficult to say but I feel as if I have learnt loads from reading not only these write up's but from the previous free stuff. 

But so, so unlucky there.   Keep them coming Neil. 
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 31, 2014, 03:59:41 PM »

agreed re prices

Say 100 customers and an average of £10 a point is £10,000 enough to move these markets, surely the money si spread across multiple bookies/betfair?

Or have i heavily underestimated the amount being punted

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 31, 2014, 04:16:05 PM »

agreed re prices

Say 100 customers and an average of £10 a point is £10,000 enough to move these markets, surely the money si spread across multiple bookies/betfair?

Or have i heavily underestimated the amount being punted

But it only takes a couple of ton from a flagged account to spark panic for the books and if one moves the rest generally feel compelled. 
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 31, 2014, 04:18:04 PM »

Couldn't a shrewd bookie get an employee to sign up and adjust prices accordingly?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 31, 2014, 04:19:58 PM »

Couldn't a shrewd bookie get an employee to sign up and adjust prices accordingly?

Bookies will be signed up to this very soon, if not already, i would have thought.  When i was at 365 years ago pretty sure they signed up to every major tipping line so they could adjust limits on selections etc before the followers could get on.  That's why this tipping service is focused only on major events where the market can absorb the info better than general day to day stuff where the markets are much weaker.
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 31, 2014, 08:09:49 PM »

I don't think we want to say exactly how many people signed up but I can say it's more than 100 but not 500. It was a worry that we had about Goodwood when compared with Ascot and Cheltenham that the prices would not be around enough with the weaker markets. Today I think the problem was a little that the bigger prices happened to be with the more pathetic firms. Also when we bet in 16-runner handicaps there is so much value in the place part of the bet that you can usually bet something that you were hoping to get 10/1 about at 8/1 and you still will have a +ev bet. If you bet on the 12 runner handicaps there is not so much overlay on the place and you have to get 10/1 in that example.

I have no idea what the average guy bets on our selections but I know that some of the punters are pretty big poker players and I have heard them talk about the large amounts they have on. If one or two of them only tuned in today for the 1st time...I also think this week some of the people who maybe played £5 a point at Ascot decided this was easy money and they would play for £10 a point.

Hopefully tomorrow things will be easier. I am betting all selections myself but my money is spread around really carefully and while it can have an effect it doesn't cause the big price crashes that happened today.

Most bookmakers today would not be interested in subscribing, they just want to cut everyone and seem to have no interest in the bit of the job that I used to find fascinating which was to find out who the winning guy were, see what they were doing, use that to help you set better prices and follow them in with the opposition.

Did find this article interesting though...

http://www.sbcnews.co.uk/%3Fp%3D11123

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 31, 2014, 08:44:18 PM »

would love to see how firms would manage all the degens in their offices not betting each and every day. 
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 31, 2014, 10:56:15 PM »

would love to see how firms would manage all the degens in their offices not betting each and every day. 

The striking thing I take from the GC memo is that they expect firms to have ridiculously high standards in some areas but completely ignore freerolling through palps and void bets, manipulation of sps and other issues that directly affect punters.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 01, 2014, 01:00:08 AM »

I don't think we want to say exactly how many people signed up but I can say it's more than 100 but not 500. It was a worry that we had about Goodwood when compared with Ascot and Cheltenham that the prices would not be around enough with the weaker markets. Today I think the problem was a little that the bigger prices happened to be with the more pathetic firms. Also when we bet in 16-runner handicaps there is so much value in the place part of the bet that you can usually bet something that you were hoping to get 10/1 about at 8/1 and you still will have a +ev bet. If you bet on the 12 runner handicaps there is not so much overlay on the place and you have to get 10/1 in that example.

I have no idea what the average guy bets on our selections but I know that some of the punters are pretty big poker players and I have heard them talk about the large amounts they have on. If one or two of them only tuned in today for the 1st time...I also think this week some of the people who maybe played £5 a point at Ascot decided this was easy money and they would play for £10 a point.

Hopefully tomorrow things will be easier. I am betting all selections myself but my money is spread around really carefully and while it can have an effect it doesn't cause the big price crashes that happened today.

Most bookmakers today would not be interested in subscribing, they just want to cut everyone and seem to have no interest in the bit of the job that I used to find fascinating which was to find out who the winning guy were, see what they were doing, use that to help you set better prices and follow them in with the opposition.

Did find this article interesting though...

http://www.sbcnews.co.uk/%3Fp%3D11123

That link is pretty funny.  The firms will never implement that because the few good traders that are still in the industry are only in it for the info....it certainly isn't the pay!!!!

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 01, 2014, 02:55:36 PM »

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 01, 2014, 06:35:19 PM »

Sure you have seen this but anyway

Click to see full-size image.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 02, 2014, 09:18:57 AM »

This week's "Road to Riches"

free to view, you don't need to be a registered user

http://www.bettingemporium.com/tips/index/44

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 02, 2014, 09:47:41 AM »

This week's "Road to Riches"

free to view, you don't need to be a registered user

http://www.bettingemporium.com/tips/index/44

Good to have kids and be up early on a Saturday.  Even getting the 40/1 shots and the prices only available with one bookie this morning.  Mini Boom

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: