blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:44:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  From a generic Degree to a leading Poker Practitioner
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From a generic Degree to a leading Poker Practitioner  (Read 72258 times)
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 22, 2014, 11:22:24 PM »

thin
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 22, 2014, 11:25:04 PM »

thin

sigh meant to modify not quote. Double post just in case anyone missed it Wink

Luke Barradell

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 23, 2014, 12:42:42 AM »

WP WP, saw the final few hands. Will you be playing any of the TCOOP events?
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 23, 2014, 02:04:05 PM »

WP WP, saw the final few hands. Will you be playing any of the TCOOP events?

Maybe a couple of the smaller ones. Trying to transfer away from Stars a bit more as the huge fields enduce such heavy variance, I would like to grind out consistent profit on smaller sites.

That being said some of these events are pretty huge, so worth taking a swing at.

Luke Barradell

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 23, 2014, 08:14:57 PM »

have you had any big scores on other websites since you started?
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 23, 2014, 09:42:56 PM »

Well? Have you gilly? HAVE YOU???

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 24, 2014, 02:32:13 AM »

Well? Have you gilly? HAVE YOU???

Alright pipe down Matt Wink

Got 2 final tables, nothing huge. Had to leave Party Poker cause it crashes my laptop twice per session, so moved that over to iPoker. Shame because PP were probs my favourite tournaments, paid about 20% of the field which obv has an impact on top prizes, but think it's much more rec-friendly with the structure and encourages more recreational players to play as obviously they enjoy cashing, it's a positive feeling even if a mincash and encourages them to play more.

Ice Shade
The Forming Pride Of Nottingham

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: January 24, 2014, 04:14:10 AM »

Here was me seeing updates on the diary thinking "something new might have happened in the world of gill....no, sorry, my mistake, he's just fucking crushing again."

Note to self. Never question the ability to run like pure god. Ever.

Winning Isnt Everything...Wanting To Is...
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 24, 2014, 12:32:29 PM »

Here was me seeing updates on the diary thinking "something new might have happened in the world of gill....no, sorry, my mistake, he's just fucking crushing again."

Last night finished 2nd in the Crocodile ($8 turbo, $2k GTD) on Tilt. Decided to chop, managed to barter to get a little bit more than ICM ($480), another nice little bankroll boost.

The hand history review was really good and fills me with confidence. I've been told if I fine tune some 3betting spots, in a couple of spots where I am flatting, then they believe they should be able to move me up fairly quickly. Having 4 winning sessions out of my first 5 definitely helps build their belief in me, but they've been railing me a fair bit and they are really good in giving me some space whilst I'm playing, then when I've finished sessions ask about specific spots.

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 24, 2014, 01:04:15 PM »

Really pleased this is working out so far for you Gill.  gettttttttt
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 24, 2014, 01:06:10 PM »

Last night finished 2nd in the Crocodile ($8 turbo, $2k GTD) on Tilt. Decided to chop, managed to barter to get a little bit more than ICM ($480 instead of $465), another nice little bankroll boost.

The hand history review was really good and fills me with confidence. I've been told if I fine tune some 3betting spots, in a couple of spots where I am flatting, then they believe they should be able to move me up fairly quickly. Having 4 winning sessions out of my first 5 definitely helps build their belief in me, but they've been railing me a fair bit and they are really good in giving me some space whilst I'm playing, then when I've finished sessions ask about specific spots.

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 24, 2014, 01:07:05 PM »

Really pleased this is working out so far for you Gill.  gettttttttt

Thanks buddy. Just gotta hope it continues, only 5 sessions in, reaaaally early days.

Abso tilting that I keep clicking quote instead of Modify, sighhhhh

Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: January 24, 2014, 01:07:50 PM »

Last night finished 2nd in the Crocodile ($8 turbo, $2k GTD) on Tilt. Decided to chop, managed to barter to get a little bit more than ICM ($480), another nice little bankroll boost.

You can't really ask for more, seems this team are really good at providing you with everything you need. Yeah sure the session wins help but as you say they'd see potential even if you was losing. Railing you is an experience in itself

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 24, 2014, 01:25:25 PM »

You can't really ask for more, seems this team are really good at providing you with everything you need. Yeah sure the session wins help but as you say they'd see potential even if you was losing. Railing you is an experience in itself

You know I'm always about for a live Skype sweat!

Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: January 24, 2014, 01:37:18 PM »

You know I'm always about for a live Skype sweat!

You know I'll snap it up every chance I get xD

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: