blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:32:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  From a generic Degree to a leading Poker Practitioner
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From a generic Degree to a leading Poker Practitioner  (Read 72242 times)
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 25, 2014, 09:54:08 PM »

Do you pursue any recreational activities whilst grinding? Also, what brand of deodorant do you use, and does this vary on the amount of final tables you made the day before?

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 26, 2014, 12:55:59 AM »

Will you please stop trying to clone me

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 26, 2014, 04:06:58 AM »

Will you please stop trying to clone me

In don't think that answers any of your fan mail. The blog police would not be happy.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 26, 2014, 09:30:52 AM »

Do you dress up nicely for final tables online and do you feel like doing so enhances performance? 

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 26, 2014, 12:04:07 PM »

1a) Bet sizing: 40 and 60%, as well as all in. I like clicking these buttons
1b) Varies a little from the lowest tournament of my range vs the highest tournament of my range. Player specific.

2)Watching TV in the background is definitely a recreational activity of mine

3) Adidas deodrant is all I have, thus I can't change based on the previous day.

4) 80% of online FT's I'm in boxers. I'd say the other 20% I'm naked. That way I am able to be at one with poker, in my most natural way, the way in which God created me to be.

I hope you are happy now Rexas

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 26, 2014, 06:26:01 PM »

seems to be alot of questions relating to your online game.
Some live questions...
1) Are you a hoody man? T shirt? Hat? i know from my sources you have a vast array of badges and endorsements you need to promote, where is the most comfortable place to wear them?
2) Chip shuffling. Do you shuffle? If so, what is the most comfortable number of chips you like to shuffle, without needing to concentrate too much on a large stack, and while not feeling inadequate that there are too few in your hand?

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 27, 2014, 01:25:11 PM »

Some live questions...
1) Are you a hoody man? T shirt? Hat? i know from my sources you have a vast array of badges and endorsements you need to promote, where is the most comfortable place to wear them?
2) Chip shuffling. Do you shuffle? If so, what is the most comfortable number of chips you like to shuffle, without needing to concentrate too much on a large stack, and while not feeling inadequate that there are too few in your hand?

1) Hoody and T shirt ftw. I used to love hats, until I realised they didn't suit me so I left them out of my closet. Only played 2 events with a patch on so far, I enjoy the chest placement, arm feels a bit too much like I'm trying to be a PokerStars pro or something.

2) Every day I'm shufflin'. 8 is comfy, 10 if I'm feeling ambitious without needing all the concentration. If it's an early start I begin with 4 chips, then grind as I move up through the levels. Everyone had to start somewhere you know, never feel embarrassed to shuffle 4 chips.

Luke Barradell

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 27, 2014, 02:28:03 PM »

Are you playing the 500 this week?
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 27, 2014, 03:49:23 PM »

Sadly not. Saying that, instead I am playing a team event at Genting Stoke on behalf of Blue Blood, looking forward to meeting up with some of the gang and playing

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 27, 2014, 04:53:56 PM »

Sadly not. Saying that, instead I am playing a team event at Genting Stoke on behalf of Blue Blood, looking forward to meeting up with some of the gang and playing

See you there

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 29, 2014, 01:58:56 AM »

Weekend Bants

Thought I would finally get round for doing a write up for the past weekend, where I headed to DTD for the incred (3)hundo. Actually busted relatively early (3bet cram AK, button calls with QJos wiiiiiii) but reaaaally enjoyed the social side. I'm usually bored standing around on breaks, twiddling my thumbs but was busy chatting to Reh, Tomsom, Rexas and Verndog. Enjoyable bunch, as ghey as it sounds. Wish I lived closer to Notts so I could chill/grind on a regular basis with some of them.

This meant an early night Sat, ready for a Sunday grind. I'm literally yet to have a day off since I started 11 days ago, can't remember exact runs but think it was 5th in the $11 5k gtd on tilt for a $300 profit on the day. Followed that up with a session yesterday and today, today being a much more enjoyable day (despite losing CL pots to 3 outers 3 times in seperate comps)  finding 2nd in a bowl $5.50 mtt for $700.

Had a pretty ridic start to the new backing deal, finding a $2k profit in the space of 9 sessions. Still looking forward to my first real online downswing (in a weird way) just out of curiosity as to how I will handle it. Also really looking forward to a green light of moving up. Understand it is way too early for that yet, since they've reviewed only about 6 of my hand histories but I'm glad I have the opportunity to improve week by week.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 29, 2014, 09:09:09 AM »

Great updates as always GJill. How do you stay alert whilst grinding? FOod of choice? HYdration of choice? I find the chinese and coke/ summer fruits cordial makes for ideal grinding.

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 29, 2014, 10:24:06 AM »

Great updates as always GJill. How do you stay alert whilst grinding? FOod of choice? HYdration of choice? I find the chinese and coke/ summer fruits cordial makes for ideal grinding.

Overkill.

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
polerization

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 29, 2014, 10:35:46 AM »

Some live questions...

1) Hoody and T shirt ftw. I used to love hats, until I realised they didn't suit me so I left them out of my closet. Only played 2 events with a patch on so far, I enjoy the chest placement, arm feels a bit too much like I'm trying to be a PokerStars pro or something.

2) Every day I'm shufflin'. 8 is comfy, 10 if I'm feeling ambitious without needing all the concentration. If it's an early start I begin with 4 chips, then grind as I move up through the levels. Everyone had to start somewhere you know, never feel embarrassed to shuffle 4 chips.

Think in general hats and poker don't go well, as we found out with chris and the GPS they just don't click.
polerization

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 29, 2014, 10:37:46 AM »

oh and congrats on the poker in general Smiley just to get in the action do you play games consoles outside poker? If so what's your favorite game? what's your favorite moment in poker?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: