blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:00:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272575 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Official ISPT Wembley thread: DTD partner with ISPT and guarantee first at €1m
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 70 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official ISPT Wembley thread: DTD partner with ISPT and guarantee first at €1m  (Read 268341 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2013, 04:49:00 PM »

From the press release Aaron

"The prizepool will need to reach at least €5 million to avoid any overlay which equates to 16,000 x Day 1 online players at €270+€30 plus 250 x Day 2 direct buy-ins at €2700+€300."

Day 1, not at Wembley (Online, or Live(?) qualification into Wembley)

Day 2 at Wembley

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2013, 04:53:34 PM »

I think I get it now.

Day 1 is like a sat to get into Day Two or you can of course direct buyin?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2013, 04:55:20 PM »

I think I get it now.

Day 1 is like a sat to get into Day Two or you can of course direct buyin?

think of Day 1 as like a really big DTD Grand Prix with lots of options to qualify to Wembley...only this time you can direct buy in to the Day 2 whereas you can't for the DTD Grand Prix

I am sure it will all be a lot clearer when specific details of qualification routes for Wembley are released

My eyes are open wide
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 03, 2013, 05:01:19 PM »

Not really great to get to for rest of the country.

I never understand these comments, its got to be the most served destination in the country, there isn't a bad place when it comes to links to London.

Not to mention (and i am guessing here) around 1/3 people must live within 1.5hrs of london

Quite easy to understand really. What about the other 2/3 people and those who live much much more than 1.5hrs from London?
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: March 03, 2013, 05:09:23 PM »

I never understand these comments, its got to be the most served destination in the country, there isn't a bad place when it comes to links to London.

Not to mention (and i am guessing here) around 1/3 people must live within 1.5hrs of london

Quite easy to understand really. What about the other 2/3 people and those who live much much more than 1.5hrs from London?

The tourney was booked in at Wembley way before DTD were involved. It's not a UK specific tournament. The plan was for people to qualify from all over the world. London is probably the easiest place to get to from the rest of the world on account of how many flights arrive every day.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2013, 05:17:13 PM »

They live 2.5hrs away.....

My point is there is no more central place to have any event in the UK than London. Sure some people will have to travel a bit further if they want to come but then you get to buy mansions for £20 so its a trade-off. The median travel time means London is always the nut locale for any UK event

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 03, 2013, 05:18:26 PM »

The tourney was booked in at Wembley way before DTD were involved. It's not a UK specific tournament. The plan was for people to qualify from all over the world. London is probably the easiest place to get to from the rest of the world on account of how many flights arrive every day.

Good point well made. My point initially was elluding to that fact, and why do DTD need to get involved with someone elses comp in someone elses venue, but they are doing, so good luck, hope it is a massive success I jus not sure why they want to take such a big risk when they will only be sharing the congratultions and be helping to promote others if successful but if it flops then they will suffer a big knock to their own brand where as ISPT is not highly thought of anyway.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 03, 2013, 05:20:28 PM »

When it is a success I don't think DTD will be sharing many congratulations, Newy. It can only be a success with DTD.

My eyes are open wide
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 03, 2013, 05:23:43 PM »

Will you and the rest of the Best of British players be playing this before going off to Vegas James?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2013, 05:25:55 PM »

When it is a success I don't think DTD will be sharing many congratulations, Newy. It can only be a success with DTD.

Yes I agree It will only be a success with DTD help but if it is u can gaurantee ISPT will be lording it as their successful comp with the help of their partner DTD unless I have mis interpretted the title of this thread. If it fails no 1 will give to hoots bout ISPT cos we all expected it to fail anyway but if it does fail then it will prob tarnish DTDs success. Thats all. Kinda negative free roll. Hope this not the case cos love DTD and all they have done. GL GL GL
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2013, 05:37:00 PM »

Cheers for the spammaments Tighty
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2013, 05:41:43 PM »

Good article.  Hope you're a good boy this year, or no presents for you this xmas Wink

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2013, 05:43:19 PM »

Will you and the rest of the Best of British players be playing this before going off to Vegas James?

Got to be at Webley on the Monday anyway to watch Brighton go up to the Prem so might as well hang about

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2013, 05:44:20 PM »

Yes I agree It will only be a success with DTD help but if it is u can gaurantee ISPT will be lording it as their successful comp with the help of their partner DTD unless I have mis interpretted the title of this thread. If it fails no 1 will give to hoots bout ISPT cos we all expected it to fail anyway but if it does fail then it will prob tarnish DTDs success. Thats all. Kinda negative free roll. Hope this not the case cos love DTD and all they have done. GL GL GL

If it is a success, everyone will know it was because of DTD, the poker community is small in this respect.

I actually think its a bigger statement for DTD to make a success of what the ISPT started, than to arrange a similar event of their own. If they did this in Nottingham they would be expected to be successful, but if they do the impossible, everyone in the poker world knows who they are. Then they can start to host more events outside the UK, host a WPT/EPT/WSOP major in Nottingham, or even open DTD 2 in Belgium or whatever, and everyone in poker will want to travel to the tournament ran by the guys who fixed the ISPT.  

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2013, 05:46:08 PM »

Got to be at Webley on the Monday anyway to watch Brighton go up to the Prem so might as well hang about
Ha Ha... sounds like an awesome plan and just adds more credibility to the whole mission

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 70 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: