blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:04:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Official ISPT Wembley thread: DTD partner with ISPT and guarantee first at €1m
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 70 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official ISPT Wembley thread: DTD partner with ISPT and guarantee first at €1m  (Read 268836 times)
hotdog
snap

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 24, 2013, 01:01:22 AM »

any idea when the live day 1s are ??

11th, 18th and 25th of May at DTD

Thanks Smiley
RobM

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 24, 2013, 01:48:36 PM »

If the average is going to be about 50k for day two

will that mean that the 300E tourneys starting stack be 5k?

But seems bad for 300E

Guys - the structure for the Day 1's is brilliant, blinds start at 10 20 with 15 min clock online, so you start with 250 big blinds. its basically the WSOP main event structure divided by 10  i.e. its exactly same as starting with 50,000 chips at 100-200 and using the WSOP structure.

Here is link

http://www.ispt-poker.co.uk/couk/program/course/

Cheers Aces

Hi Simon

Firstly - great job on this - looks like it's going to be fantastic. Quick q though:

What is the structure for the live day 1's please? 5k starting at a live event with big numbers sounds like a bit of a lottery. The online structure looks fine but converting that to live to fit in 1 day (to get to 10% field) sounds tricky. Do DTD have 10/20 chip denominations at the club? If not decided yet I personally think most would prefer an earlier start with longer levels to offset the stack.

Also just an idea, but suspect as you are targeting the low stake/new player spectrum that accommodation costs for day2 onwards will be a consideration for many people to play, esp when you will likely need to make day 3 to min cash..also appreciating that offering accommodation in the satellite packages is not an option for the £300 players, as Wembley is not in play until day 2, this does leave a bit of a barrier IMO. To combat this could you also consider online feeders direct to day 2 with an add-on package for digs? Also, for the rest, maybe an affiliation with a large hotel chain where you could promote them at Wembley for a return of a chunky discount available to players over the period? I know you talk about London being in commuting range for many but most players will want to stay local so to be as fresh as possible for what 'could' be 5 days straight at Wembley.

Either way, I am sure it will be a success and congrats to you, Rob & co for balls of steel and aspirations to be marvelled at.

Cheers
Rob
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 24, 2013, 03:21:48 PM »

Got an e-mail about these ISPT Freerolls for sharing/retweeting etc...

Will I need to create an account on dusktilldawnpoker.com, or can I play the satellite on any account on the iPoker network?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already.

You need to be on DTD.

Good luck.

Thanks, have now signed up Smiley
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 25, 2013, 12:01:32 AM »

RobM - 5000 chips is huge given starting blinds 10/20 (exact same as 50000 chips starting at 100/200 - still 250 bb's)... i'd presume it will be the same starting stack as the live day 1s as it has to mirror the format of the online day 1s. This structure has more play than the £500 deepstack events at DTD, which are great themselves.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: March 25, 2013, 12:04:39 AM »

What is the structure for the live day 1's please? 5k starting at a live event with big numbers sounds like a bit of a lottery. The online structure looks fine but converting that to live to fit in 1 day (to get to 10% field) sounds tricky. Do DTD have 10/20 chip denominations at the club? If not decided yet I personally think most would prefer an earlier start with longer levels to offset the stack.

I mean, if they don't have the chip denominations, they just have to make it a 50k starting stack and times everything by 10, dividing by 10 at the end of the day.

How is live going to be a lottery when it will have an identical structure (with longer levels obv)??

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: March 25, 2013, 01:54:57 PM »

I mean, if they don't have the chip denominations, they just have to make it a 50k starting stack and times everything by 10, dividing by 10 at the end of the day.

How is live going to be a lottery when it will have an identical structure (with longer levels obv)??

Spot on The Atkinator, live Day 1's have always been planned to be 37.5 min clock / 50k chips / start at 100/200. Then divide by 10 for starting stack. 100%, completely, absolutely the same. Simple, and the very least of my problems, please guys, I need web site hits Smiley
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 01:57:08 PM by robyong » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 25, 2013, 02:38:44 PM »

New picture of the satellite tree for you

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #322 on: March 25, 2013, 02:54:51 PM »

Spot on The Atkinator

Sick rubs Tongue

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
NoShoes

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 25, 2013, 02:58:12 PM »

May have already been asked but anyway...

Can you win more than 1 Day 2 seat to use as a second bullet?
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: March 25, 2013, 03:10:21 PM »

Yes, win as many Day 1 seats as you like, when you make Day 2, the remaining seats are refunded. Cheers Rob
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 25, 2013, 03:15:11 PM »

I'm wondering why the satellite program doesn't start for almost a month?

Why not start it now and give more people maximum chance to qualify?

Or are there tons of logistics still to sort before things can 'kick off'?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: March 25, 2013, 03:28:29 PM »

My decision this one, I am gambling on massive impact of 200 seats GTE on first Sunday. Doing the odd 10 seats beforehand makes no difference to this campaign, ISPT have focussed on European marketing so we are playing catch up in the UK- defo need 4 more weeks of hammering the message. I want optimum number of people to know everything about the event before we even start sat program. The poker world will be watching the first satellite, 200 seats is about right to start off for an event of this scale.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 03:31:38 PM by robyong » Logged
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 25, 2013, 03:52:31 PM »

My decision this one, I am gambling on massive impact of 200 seats GTE on first Sunday. Doing the odd 10 seats beforehand makes no difference to this campaign, ISPT have focussed on European marketing so we are playing catch up in the UK- defo need 4 more weeks of hammering the message. I want optimum number of people to know everything about the event before we even start sat program. The poker world will be watching the first satellite, 200 seats is about right to start off for an event of this scale.

Makes sense, thanks.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
smokynuts

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 25, 2013, 04:18:14 PM »

was thinking same this explains why and makes sense hoping to bag a few day 1s
NoShoes

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 25, 2013, 05:25:44 PM »

Yes, win as many Day 1 seats as you like, when you make Day 2, the remaining seats are refunded. Cheers Rob

Sorry probably the way I worded it....What I mean is, can you win multiple €3k Day 2 seats to use for a re-entry?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 70 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: