blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:47:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things I wish I knew
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things I wish I knew  (Read 111819 times)
Ricardov83

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 24, 2013, 10:11:47 PM »

This isn't having a go at anyone in particular, it is in the list because I'm genuinely curious.

19. In the "Diaries and Blogs" board on here, there are about 10 blogs started by people with <10 posts, who write one long intro and then never post again.

Why would they start a diary on a website where they don't know anyone?

Having gone through the rigmarole of joining and writing a long first post, why do they just abandon the thread before anyone gets to to know them?

It's baffling to me.

The idea of expressing yourself to people you know can be quite daunting so I can understand the logic in doing so to strangers. 

Also, they may be lurkers who feel as though they do know the members through reading their posts everyday (like I do).

It's possible that they abandon it because the idea was better than the reality.  Too much like hard work.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 24, 2013, 10:50:03 PM »

In American TV cop shows - why do they keep pretending that it takes 20 seconds to trace a call?

Also, why in films/TV do they always find a parking space by the front doors of where they want to go.

Ah! The element of surprise
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 24, 2013, 11:04:31 PM »

In American TV cop shows - why do they keep pretending that it takes 20 seconds to trace a call?

Also, why in films/TV do they always find a parking space by the front doors of where they want to go.

No one ever coughs or sneezes unless they are ill or burps unless they are drunk. Every telephone number is 555 something.

I could do this all day but I'm going to try to regain a sensible level of blood pressure.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 24, 2013, 11:10:35 PM »

No one ever coughs or sneezes unless they are ill or burps unless they are drunk. Every telephone number is 555 something.

I could do this all day but I'm going to try to regain a sensible level of blood pressure.

Someone sneezed on RUK today.

It struck me then that no one sneezes or coughs much on live tv either.

Adrenaline stop you doing it?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 24, 2013, 11:31:09 PM »

Plausible. If you're talking a lot, it might mean you're breathing more through your mouth and thus less likely to irritate the inside of your nose. Just an off the top of my head theory.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 25, 2013, 12:03:05 AM »

Natural selection

sola virtus nobilitat
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 27, 2013, 02:30:32 PM »

Science is abs bollocks, 100 years from now they will have said we got it all wrong and it was really God created it all...you just wait.

...and yet planes fly, your computer works, etc.

Dan, you gotta learn to ignore those worms bobbing in the water.

Can't help it.

Anyway, to get the thread back on track, The Camel wants to know why there are so many successful Scottish managers in football when there aren't anywhere near as many top quality Scottish footballers?

God knows...
scots are good man managers and motivators add some tactically knowledge and you have a good manager very few top players become top managers as its not about skills and self motivating

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 28, 2013, 09:48:42 PM »

20. Why do people drive like cnts?

Driving home from a weekend dawn sarf, there was a horrendous thunder storm while we on the M1.

It was so bad, I doubt visibility was more than 50 yards for about 10 minutes.

Yet still there were complete morons in the fast lane driving at 90+ with about 10 yards to the car in the front.

Astounding.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: July 28, 2013, 09:55:46 PM »

Driving home from a weekend dawn sarf, there was a horrendous thunder storm while we on the M1.

Yet still there were complete morons in the fast lane driving at 90+ with about 10 yards to the car in the front.

Astounding.

Yeah! I was on the motorway too and some idiot was doing at least 90 just a few feet in front of me.

The older I get, the better I was.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 28, 2013, 10:00:50 PM »

Astounding.

Yeah! I was on the motorway too and some idiot was doing at least 90 just a few feet in front of me.

Bossed it!!!!
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 29, 2013, 07:21:07 PM »

Why some parents don't keep on eye on their young kids when in a public place and then panic when the kids are hurt/go missing/not answering to their parents shouts.

Ah! The element of surprise
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 29, 2013, 09:44:45 PM »

Why some parents don't keep on eye on their young kids when in a public place and then panic when the kids are hurt/go missing/not answering to their parents shouts.

Think we had about 20 pages on this last year

Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 29, 2013, 09:53:34 PM »

I have never met a parent who hasn't on some occasion lost sight of their child for a few minutes.
With the best will in the world, it only takes a seconds distraction like paying at the till or opening some juice for another child for the little darling to slip off to look at something or better still, hide under the table etc and watch mammy run around screaming and grabbing strangers by the lapels (yes, I'm one of those).
Kids also have an annoying habit of hurting themselves whether your looking at them or not, I find.

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 29, 2013, 09:56:09 PM »

Oooh, Did we? What was the general consensus?

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 29, 2013, 10:15:29 PM »

Oooh, Did we? What was the general consensus?

as is always the case on blonde, no consensus

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=59224.0

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: