blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:48:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £100,000 Grand Prix: Day 2/Final
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £100,000 Grand Prix: Day 2/Final  (Read 68359 times)
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: March 18, 2013, 03:52:22 PM »

i am referring to James Rowney to avoid any confusion too Smiley

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 18, 2013, 04:11:20 PM »

I factored that in David, the payouts will accordingly be to less people, right?

doh yes, I got almost as much for 5th in July as I got for 2nd in March last year

[ ] thin

You reached the final table of a Grand Prix?  You should have said... Wink

Woah, If there is a GP FT Club I want in.

NoNeed23Bet
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 18, 2013, 06:02:45 PM »

well in my opinion it is bad, i see what your saying but if two guys are putting there chips in the middle at that stage then your 77 is just no good simples but we all have that decision to make at some point, and i understand he's also got chips already in, but... let it go. thats what his game was about though, he did these plays for the thrill i think

speaking my mind

spoke to him on the breaks and seemed a nice enough guy sinking those red bulls and running around 
but on the table was somehow different and i know a few players next to me told me the same, he came across arrogant and a little bit ego, all wanting him to secretly crash out lol (can i say this lol ), I KNOW PEOPLE WANTED THAT lol.
but still he was ONE of the most fun entertaining players there in final 25 i thought, crazy donk play at times but if it was all abc how boring would it be

Looking back the 77 hand, yes it was a fold all day long, but i had my reasons and justifications to why I called the two shoves, along with all my plays during the day. Assuming I did the plays for a ''thrill'' is totally wrong. Dont get me wrong i'm an inexperienced tournament player with a lot to learn especially in the final stages of the game. Again my ''crazy donk play'' were all justified in my head and I got it wrong, we all make mistakes, just depends how costly that mistake is. There was a few mistakes made by myself in the final stages, I was very exhausted and to be fair my head was battered. Coming across as slightly ego and arrogant is all part of my game but at the same time im all for banter and having a laugh.

And ABC poker is boring, you want to see 4betting, triple barrelling etc etc. You dont wana see AA v KK every hand all in pre. It gets tedious. Pokers meant to be fun, but each to their own.

Well played to everyone by the way.

hotdog
snap

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 18, 2013, 06:38:51 PM »

well in my opinion it is bad, i see what your saying but if two guys are putting there chips in the middle at that stage then your 77 is just no good simples but we all have that decision to make at some point, and i understand he's also got chips already in, but... let it go. thats what his game was about though, he did these plays for the thrill i think

speaking my mind

spoke to him on the breaks and seemed a nice enough guy sinking those red bulls and running around 
but on the table was somehow different and i know a few players next to me told me the same, he came across arrogant and a little bit ego, all wanting him to secretly crash out lol (can i say this lol ), I KNOW PEOPLE WANTED THAT lol.
but still he was ONE of the most fun entertaining players there in final 25 i thought, crazy donk play at times but if it was all abc how boring would it be

I played with this guy on the first day for a few hours, just before the final and obviously the final. Very RAW is the term i would use for him. Nice lad off the table but think he got a little bit excited. as for people saying they wanted him gone, i was not one of those, I had already doubled up of him on day one and i love players like him that create major action .

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 18, 2013, 07:40:10 PM »

Simon Eggleston from Walsall is the DTD Grand Prix Champion for £20,000

Click to see full-size image.

I wondered what he was up to after leaving Emmerdale

Ah! The element of surprise
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 18, 2013, 07:51:13 PM »

speaking my mind

Looking back the 77 hand, yes it was a fold all day long, but i had my reasons and justifications to why I called the two shoves, along with all my plays during the day. Assuming I did the plays for a ''thrill'' is totally wrong. Dont get me wrong i'm an inexperienced tournament player with a lot to learn especially in the final stages of the game. Again my ''crazy donk play'' were all justified in my head and I got it wrong, we all make mistakes, just depends how costly that mistake is. There was a few mistakes made by myself in the final stages, I was very exhausted and to be fair my head was battered. Coming across as slightly ego and arrogant is all part of my game but at the same time im all for banter and having a laugh.

And ABC poker is boring, you want to see 4betting, triple barrelling etc etc. You dont wana see AA v KK every hand all in pre. It gets tedious. Pokers meant to be fun, but each to their own.

Welcome to Blonde, don't let Latif nip you for too much of your winnings.

Say hi if you see me at G Stockton

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Kipper McFish

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 18, 2013, 08:42:56 PM »

speaking my mind

I don't think you need to justify yourself in the slightest mate. Let's face it, 8th is a pretty awesome result and you must've got a lot more right over the weekend than you got wrong.

I've also got to agree with Hotdog that you certainly livened up our table on day 1 (I think I even told you something along those lines at the time) and I for one enjoyed every minute of it. I'd rather play with a James Rowney over a monosyllabic automaton any day of the week.

Vive la différence, congratulations on the great score (the first of many I'm sure) and welcome to Blonde. 

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 18, 2013, 08:59:04 PM »

speaking my mind

hey james, welcome to blondepoker, im a newbie myself
hope you wasnt too offended by my message, apology if u was Smiley . like i said though i enjoyed your poker and wanted you on that final table. how we all see things are different and i was saying your play against tomtom soon as he sat down was funny,class ballsy ive not seen that on a table before at dtd in that way and watching all the players faces freeze lol so funny
i made a handfull of mistakes, we do. WD on getting to final table and welcome to blondepoker!!
p.s i was on ur table seat 8 when we was down to 25/26/27. i tried having some of those chips off ur stack but never got a chance to lol Smiley

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
NoNeed23Bet
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 19, 2013, 05:56:04 PM »

===================================================================================================================
hey james, welcome to blondepoker, im a newbie myself
hope you wasnt too offended by my message, apology if u was Smiley . like i said though i enjoyed your poker and wanted you on that final table. how we all see things are different and i was saying your play against tomtom soon as he sat down was funny,class ballsy ive not seen that on a table before at dtd in that way and watching all the players faces freeze lol so funny
i made a handfull of mistakes, we do. WD on getting to final table and welcome to blondepoker!!
p.s i was on ur table seat 8 when we was down to 25/26/27. i tried having some of those chips off ur stack but never got a chance to lol Smiley
==========================================================================

No offence taken at all, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Yes i think remember your face. Yeah 66 v AA hand was killer but the 77 hand was the hand that ruined my tournament. But hey 1 crucial mistake is all it takes. Ill learn and improve next time.

================================================================================================

I don't think you need to justify yourself in the slightest mate. Let's face it, 8th is a pretty awesome result and you must've got a lot more right over the weekend than you got wrong.

I've also got to agree with Hotdog that you certainly livened up our table on day 1 (I think I even told you something along those lines at the time) and I for one enjoyed every minute of it. I'd rather play with a James Rowney over a monosyllabic automaton any day of the week.

Vive la différence, congratulations on the great score (the first of many I'm sure) and welcome to Blonde.  
================================================================================================================

Yeah just thought i'd throw some food for thought out there. Poker is meant to be fun and even though looking from the outside there is alot of thought behind why i make each play. Thanks and yes I'm very much due one. Been close to 5 figure scores and 6 figure scores a few times now and I know it will come eventually. It may have been a 5 figure score if i'd have found a fold with the 77 but hey theres going to be plenty more chances.

========================================================================================================
Welcome to Blonde, don't let Latif nip you for too much of your winnings.

Say hi if you see me at G Stockton
===========================================================================================================

Yeah am sure ive seen you before and I was talking to you at the cash table downstairs about the grand prix.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 05:58:53 PM by NoNeed23Bet » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: