blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 02:33:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273177 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Shenanigans Of A Flanagan.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shenanigans Of A Flanagan.  (Read 89190 times)
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2013, 03:44:11 PM »

It was nice to help you make a good start to April.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2013, 03:50:21 PM »

"Strings to Brent's bow: Philanthropist".

Allez!!
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2013, 04:47:07 PM »

Morning!

Few questions....

Why fold 66 5 handed Wink your money would have looked great in my wallet....

Cause I had a live read you'd make a flush! Durh! Nah idk, I normally never fold that, espec on the button. Just seemed to insta-muck without thinking. You already have enough of my fkn money. Wink

do you think its easier with the hours you work to fit poker in also. Was thinking about this today when i was waking up at 7.30 after no sleep till 4. Id much rather have got up just before session played poker and then gone work, but then if i had lost a bit playing pokers i couldn't help but think im coming to work just to recover 1/4 of my poker loses etc etc! so imo

9to5<3amtomidday!

I honestly hate my shift pattern and the way I have to do work>nap>poker>sleep>work. 9-5 would be easier but in todays economic climate it's not that easy finding a 9-5 job. I sometimes go straight to work from a session and I'm honestly SUPER zombified. Who knew sitting at a poker table was so tiring.

Big problem currently is I work saturday AND sunday and can't get them off work to play 2 day events, so I'm reduced to using ALL my holiday just to play poker.

question3 where are we staying in vegas!

Soon plz. Smiley

P.S sorry this was not a troll.

Was very unsuccessful troll.

Think that's the first hand I've ever beat you Ian! It did take flopping a set to do it!

"Strings to Brent's bow: Philanthropist".

« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:50:40 PM by tight4better » Logged
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2013, 05:05:20 PM »

You do work 9-5, just starting at 9pm Wink

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2013, 11:21:53 PM »

On a table with Langley, mistry, nick hicks and John black

[ ] gonna end well
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2013, 07:09:29 AM »

[ ] gonna end well

Unlucky tonight bro, genuinely felt painful at times watching...

Pleasure to meet you and to be party to a fully successful 4way diary merge....
Wink

After all, obvious float is obvious.

tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2013, 08:27:12 AM »

[ ] gonna end well

Unlucky tonight bro, genuinely felt painful at times watching...

Pleasure to meet you and to be party to a fully successful 4way diary merge....
Wink

After all, obvious float is obvious.

Hahaha! Swear that's gonna stick for life now!

Was good to meet you mate, and the rest of the hero's obv! First real bit of banter we've had bar the forums.

Was pretty painful losing on the river a lot tonight. Apart from when I couldn't find a fold vs Langley which is obv terrible.

TR later after work. Got a magical 4 hours sleep so I'm well up for today... [ ]
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2013, 01:39:32 AM »

Completely agree, and after the hand and thinking about it more I assume this is exactly what he was thinking....

I just expected he would be happier with AK preflop.

Remember kids, It's just ace high

Can you run us through your J7o bvb explosion vs Tight4better please?

Cliffs
Alex sits down and uses different sized shovels IP on each street with J7o  on QAxK10

tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2013, 12:02:17 PM »

Lol hand was pretty standard vs someone who's blind pre and flop. Obv can't raise bvb as I just put my self in a horrid spot post vs good player.

Tried to keep bluffs in on flop/turn and just stationed on river when I probably should of folded, got levelled into thinking he'd think that I would think he'd make a straight with a PSB on the river, should of just though level 1 and gave up Grin

Alex' analysis of hand was what I expected too, no surprises there really. Just a ul river. ;(

in.

pleno
jb
tl900
zerofive
tight4better
cambridgeal

think 6max>>>FR for this sort of thing.

£1/1 min £100, £500 max

tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2013, 01:43:09 PM »

So this week went pretty fkn well. Small dip at the end where I basically played a hand bad and then got dealt a tempting NFD and couldn't fold for a £300 pot.

Started on a 1/1 rake free table, JK was an absolute hero for me and sean and just piled his float into our stacks, towers ftw! #lovethetowers

Game looked pretty deece, was IP to belton (wtf is this position) picked up   and squeezed vs a drunk guy and belton, drunk guy takes a min or so before £100 goes in the middle, obv snap. Nice K high board, HOLD.... Show AK. Oh..   #nh.

Now I'm in the hole for about £125 when Sean asks "1/2 mate?", normally I'm not an advocate of moving up stakes when losing but decided to as the game was not as fun as first expected. Tough player from 1/1 moves up also, so it's Belton (oop sigh, y u do dis?), Gasgoigne, Adam (tough player from earlier), couple leicester unknowns and a LAG I've played before.

Play first big pot with John who's just sat down, lost a pot earlier so I expect him to be ramming and jamming, he opens, both unknowns peel and have been peeling WIDE and I 3b the small with AQo pretty sizeable, Ideally I just want the pot now, I've made it enough so if any of them jam it's not too much more but ideally I don't really want to be playing £500 flips, for people who are going to pipe up "why 3b then", if I don't 3b here I hate basically every board and c-folding doesn't earn money, better to squeeze, give myself a chance to win a bigger pot vs John who I'd expect to get stubborn with worse Ax's and KQ/QJ hands.

Board is useless   three clubs and I c-bet £65, john moves in for 100+change and I obv can't fold, bink a Q on the turn and hold.

Later we go 6 ways to a flop with  Two Diamonds Two Clubs and it's   two spades , to my surprise Ian leads out for 1.5x the pot (£85) think he has about £200 behind at this point but I've been misremembering a lot of stuff lately, I just call (prob bad, thought he'd move in a lot of turns though, surely raising doesn't keep bluffs in?) turn is  three diamonds and he moves in, we snap and pair the 5 for a scoop. Don't know what he had at all thought it might of been a cooler if he'd flopped 2p or something but obv wasn't cause he'd of housed up as well!

Tried a look-up in a weird pot with one of unknowns on JT296ssxxx where I looked him up on the river when he potted it with   and he showed   two spades, again this was a live read of weakness which probably means I should be raising not calling on the river. A lot of stuff I do like this goes wrong which prob means it's a big leak which I need to plug, felt like I got a lot of information for what I paid for though so I'm kinda happy. Y NO SPADE.

Got 3 streets vs unknown with TT where I just call OTB, KT9, £10, 2, £25, T! £54. Thoughts on sizing? If I figure him for a K can I go for £100+ on the riv? No offence but I didn't see him folding a pair a lot.

Belton plays a hilarious pot where he raises dem pesky limpers with a 7 and a 2 and has to call a limp/shove cause he's put too much in! Grin Obv flops a 2, fkn golden!   no good.

Getting the lot at this point, and the tower has been built, v rare for me to get the pyramid and I've had it twice in the last week or so, deffo could get used to building it!

Get QQ vs TT in vs Adam later and we run it twice and I lose to the 1-out T on the second river Sad don't really mind though, anything I can do to reduce a bit of variance is fine by me.

Move on to Gala as the game breaks. Gala has gone down the fkn pan, completely. Fav dealers have left and they are absolutely shagging the floor guy who's an absolute hero by giving him no dealers, no cover, massive list for a game and he can't get a dealer to start a game cause his staff are still dealing the comp or off on holiday and they won't give up pit staff, at one point his radio goes off "When are we opening a second cash game" He looks like he's about to explode and replies "When you give me a dealer?! I'M dealing the tournament atm", ffs I wish sometimes we'd get put first over roulette spunkers... Anyway rant over. Stef looks after the regs so much and it's actually a nice place to play when there's no aggro drunks.

Proceed to still run like god and get 2 players all-in in the first orbit almost dead. Sean moves table and a rich gambler sits to my left, hand plz.. Folded for a bit, Sam from DTD gets a lot of his money where I open   , rich guy 3bets to £15, same doesn't take long cold4'ing, and I just fold. They get it in pre and board runs QJT3T Sad Sam flips AK for the scoop. I folded because Sam is on the tighter side imo, did wonder if he'd fold to a jam as he was relatively deep and me 5betting there looks so strong, wouldn't of worked he said.

Move table as the game dies a bit and I get on the main table with a lot of money on. George from DTD joins us, hero line-up! Cruised to a nice £800 win for the day as no hands really come up.

Get to DTD early the next day, take a bad beat immediately when the only masseuse there doesn't seem to be interested at all. Bring back rochelle!

Once again get in the habit of getting in a hole early, the swings I've had lately are ridic, sometimes 1k which for a predominately 1/1 player seems absolutely ridiculous. The 1/1 was full of hero's, RED, Fred, Stato (don't think he knows me, tehe). Soon all the rest leave and it's down to us 4 handed! Sigh! Do I smell or something? Decided to 3bet stato who'd be opening a lot with   .. went well...
  • got 4bet. #tellbox

Move to 1/2, OOP to belton (shocker) and I'm dealt KK first hand! wiiii. 4 callers.. This'll be fun.   three diamonds three clubs, just TID right there, cheers lads. Soon the upcoming villain loses a pot and is looking very steamy, we open TT to £8 and he jams for £105, do a quick call and hold until a pesky A river and lose to AJo, chipssssssssss. Couple new guys sit down and are absolutely itching to gamble, one guy has already rebought twice in one orbit so we're praying for a hand to get into it with him. We're also looking to get our chips back off villain from AJ hand.

Good reg opens £8 UTG and v splashy guy makes it £50 pretty quick, has about £200 and is looking to get it in, we cold4 £200 with AKo OTB and hold vs XX. Good reg asked me how much more I was playing (about 300) and had me covered, would of been pukey if I had to call off £500 with AK high here! Anyway I'm out of small hole and a v sizeable winner now. Have a bit of banter with Sean before he loses a gross 1k pot :/, we go for a bit of a walk and I find out something absolutely hilarious on my travels around the club. Some people..

Come back and the game is dying a bit, nothing really happens and I move over to 4/5/6 omaha with some splashy players, should be fun! Only really notable hand of the night was me check/potting JJATxx on KJ4r and getting a big pot all-in.

Couldn't play the deepstack this month, would of loved to but unfortunately my lovely job gets in the way of my hobby a lot, I've been thinking of a career change for a long time, moving into IT most likely, as I'm a bit of a balla when it comes to this stuff, mainly cause I spend what little time I don't spend playing poker/working infront of my PC, looking up memes or whatever.. More than likely though it means going into training which means I'm not earning, my outgoings aren't too bad and obv I've built a good roll to be getting along with but being without a steady (if small) income for a few months while I re-train may bother me. At the end of the day though I need to move on and do something I enjoy as I'm not going to live forever (inb4 emo) and I don't want to be 30 still working for the worlds greatest supermarket (possible sarcasm ITT)

Played Saturday, got a better massage YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS (I actually got 2, oops £40   ) but ended up doing a lose in a fkn heroic game, was up a bunch on another table so I decided to quit for some banter with some of the blondes including JB, he didn't know who I was so it was quite hilarious at first Grin

Got introduced to JB, played a few pots with Langley (fkn god of poker) and Sunny and they're all just getting the lot. Great to see, some good banter.

Spot comes up where I 3bet Langers £5 open with TT to £14, splashy guy in small peels and JB decides to cold4 to £41 from the BB, immediately thoughts go through my head what I'd do in JB's spot with marginals, SB never has nutted range, I'm probably percieved as weak or being a goof on the BTN, and langers is big favourite to fold without a premium. I'm £250 deep (after the bet) and the effective with JB covering me. WWYD?

Later I open   and get 4 callers including langley.   three clubs two hearts and I bet £10 and TL calls, I make my new patented comment "Obvious float is obvious" should be noted at this point I don't think he's floating me, while the rest of the table tries to explain memes to Poshboy a 9 hits the turn and TL c-raises £15 to £52, You? I decided to call and make a comment about how it's going to be £157 OTR. It's £103 on a brick. Everything says fold. Everything except my fkn right hand, obv I flick it in and get shown a set. #butchery.

I don't top up as I figure if I get stacked I'm only losing 100 for the day instead of 350 and I'm leaving in 30 mins cause of work anyway, I get in   three diamonds 3-ways on   vs a random and JB who's 3bet on the flop. We're against   and JB who I assume has a straight, river is a disgusting   for random to scoop.

All in all, week 1 of april has gone very well, up over a bag, 31.25 hours put in, happy overall with my play. View leaks still, talking to a lot of v good players who are helping me improve massively so much love to anyone who helps me with my game or mood in general. You aren't forgotten.

Will be around wednesday most likely once I get work out of the way. Hope to build some more of these.

Click to see full-size image.

Lastly as sort of a humilation/punish for spacking with AA vs Langley on saturday I'm offering a freeroll to anyone who can name the dealer in picture 2, you only get 1 guess and first to post wins, I've yet to decide what sort of freeroll I want to offer but thought it'd be a fun quiz for the regs/readers of this diary. Providing the freeroll isn't too humiliating/expensive you win!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 01:44:48 PM by tight4better » Logged
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2013, 02:29:33 PM »

Matt?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2013, 02:35:10 PM »

Matt?

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2013, 02:41:16 PM »

too thin i know, but thought they were his hands. that's weird.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2013, 02:55:55 PM »

Nick?

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2013, 03:05:57 PM »

Nick?