blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 04:30:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273177 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 375491 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2280 on: April 08, 2013, 01:21:03 AM »

btw, NONE of this (and I don't think anyone else is either) is saying YOU played it bad at all. I don't think that, but I'm debating you saying Sean played it badly, when I think he played it absolutely fine.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: April 08, 2013, 01:22:11 AM »

k9 hand contemplation pls.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: April 08, 2013, 01:24:38 AM »

Alas, this is Sean's diary and not John's, Pads Cheesy

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: April 08, 2013, 01:25:10 AM »

haha. ok.

I open btn £7 on £2 straddle, he has just lost aforementioned pot to Sean and 3bets the small blind vquickly to £25 (playing £250 iirc? maybe closer to £300). I 4bet to £57. He tanks for ages and folds but he confessed to considering the 5b/call)

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: April 08, 2013, 01:25:29 AM »

Alas, this is Sean's diary and not John's, Pads Cheesy

will repost in John's Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: April 08, 2013, 01:33:52 AM »

Completely agree, and after the hand and thinking about it more I assume this is exactly what he was thinking....

I just expected he would be happier with AK preflop.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: April 08, 2013, 01:34:54 AM »

Completely agree, and after the hand and thinking about it more I assume this is exactly what he was thinking....

Remember kids, It's just ace high

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: April 08, 2013, 01:38:59 AM »

Remember kids, It's just ace high

Can you run us through your J7o bvb explosion vs Tight4better please?

Cliffs
Alex sits down and uses different sized shovels IP on each street with J7o  on QAxK10

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: April 08, 2013, 02:57:02 AM »

Loving langleys contributions here, really want some popcorn now Smiley On a hand related note, I've got a pretty weird take on button raises. If I was playing the AK in that spot, it would look like such an obvious spot to come over the top with such a massive range of hands, and I would feel like the btn is going to 4bet a whole bunch of hands and flat call pretty much his entire range, especially since in this game (I assume from above comments) this devious oxfordfelix chap was opening his c/o pretty wide, and the opportunity for you to take the opening betting lead from the btn rarer still, further enhancing the btns range to my mind. Hence, I would feel like I would be playing a bloated pot out of position against a reg with a hand that I am only going to hit the board with a third of the time, but I would feel (on board textures such as this one) a fairly expensive hero call coming along, still with no real idea of where I am. On the other hand, if I just flat the button raise, the button will find it hard to put me on a hand as strong as AK, especially if I make a K (not so much an A), and should I miss the board, said potential hero call will be considerably cheaper by the end.

If I sound like a tit here, please don't hurt me...

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: April 08, 2013, 05:55:57 AM »

i guess i did, but i do think Sean played this hand well

do you think he played it the 'best' it could be played given that the other player was me and that was the runout..? (not trolling, interested in the alternative lines)

I didn't say I was right, I just thought effectively I don't think I bet much worse otr.. (clearly JJ and QQ are worse) but almost everything else probably has a K or better...
And I think vs Sean my bluffing otr here is less likely than vs someone looser.

fair comment?

Hmm, I guess fair comments, though you've used an exactly converse argument to say why JJ is a value bet, (ull be barrelling the K etc.) Can pretty much justify everything in English if you want to enough.

Obviously if were Sean we'll be 3betting here plenty pre but apart from that think postflop is the best way to play his hand. Alex (I think) made a good point that a lot of stuff in your range picks up equity to increase your likelihood of barrelling the turn, so I think Seans postflop actions are pretty standard.

Pre I like flatting some % and it would quite probably be a bit higher % vs u than others.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: April 08, 2013, 03:49:39 PM »

I guess I kinda have,

Its tough sometimes when im trying to work out how people perceive me, how I think they will perceive me and adjust accordingly....

Betting to get clear value, but hoping he can also hero when he thinks I might in 'jb mode'.

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: April 08, 2013, 04:12:19 PM »

I guess I kinda have,

Its tough sometimes when im trying to work out how people perceive me, how I think they will perceive me and adjust accordingly....

Betting to get clear value, but hoping he can also hero when he thinks I might in 'jb mode'.

what hands do you think sean will call three streets vs u on this run out that sean will call with on the river that you beat?

Just me
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: April 08, 2013, 05:19:13 PM »

Thoughts on checkraising my entire river range?
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2293 on: April 08, 2013, 06:29:16 PM »

Thoughts on checkraising my entire river range?

flopzilla + calculator + notepad file = it would be bad

Why don't you do it yourself? I have shown you how...

Tbh you don't even need to flopzilla this one. Just a little logical thought will suffice:

As an exploitative adjustment it might be ok to c/r a highly unbalanced polarised range on the river (i.e. either very bluff heavy or very bluff light). You'd be using his perception of your image and your range to get really out of line with your frequencies as an exploitative adjustment. Note that 'out of line' does not necessarily mean bluffing a lot ... it depends exactly what you are trying to exploit, and 'out of line' could also mean that you are NEVER bluffing.

But check-raising your entire river range can never be good. For example, if you think you can exploitatively c/r bluff ALL your air/weak SD hands here then logically you cannot c/r (for value) with a hand like the one you actually have (or likely even a weak Tx hand!).

Taking exploitative play to an imagined extreme to make the point clear... if you somehow knew that JB will fold everything except quads to a river check-raise then you can c/r 100% of your range as a bluff, except for KK (if you happened to not 3bet pre with KK lol!) which you would just flat with.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 07:01:02 PM by Honeybadger » Logged
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: April 09, 2013, 10:20:16 AM »

FWIW India was my second choice!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: