blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:34:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  MEGA SAT cheating...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MEGA SAT cheating...  (Read 17334 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 12:41:13 AM »

You win a seat JB?

yeah, i take it from that comment you did not? ul

Oh, I won a seat Smiley

You can get me that pint on Saturday mate... 

Will do

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 01:15:16 AM »

Nick is looking at this, he is away at the moment, he is trying to get ipoker to switch the chat off x places from the bubble. This is a no brainer and goes without saying that we need to be right on top of this. What do other online poker sites do about this - every online site must have bubbles in sats and tournies, what happens in the $200,000 GTE on Sunday nights in ipoker?  Rob
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 01:20:59 AM »

Nick is looking at this, he is away at the moment, he is trying to get ipoker to switch the chat off x places from the bubble. This is a no brainer and goes without saying that we need to be right on top of this. What do other online poker sites do about this - every online site must have bubbles in sats and tournies, what happens in the $200,000 GTE on Sunday nights in ipoker?  Rob

thanks for a quick response Rob, knew you guys would be on it.

Just glad it didn't affect the end of my tournament, however I know it did other some.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 01:24:37 AM »

This has been going on for ages in the DTD sats and it's been mentioned countless times.

I'd guess the reason it happens is because the DTD online players are often real life friends as well. If I play a stars sat there's pretty much no chance of being on the same table as someone I know. I don't think I've ever played a DTD sat where I don't know at least 10% of the other players.

Switching the chat box off would help but wouldn't solve it. It'd certainly make it less tilting though if they aren't doing it smack in front of your face.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 01:24:55 AM »

I don't think its the same for regular touneys but I know the chat is usually turned off in satellites x places before the bubble on most sites, including iPoker. How many places this is depends on the satellite I would guess so they should be able to do it.

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2013, 01:25:39 AM »

This has been going on for ages in the DTD sats and it's been mentioned countless times.

I'd guess the reason it happens is because the DTD online players are often real life friends as well. If I play a stars sat there's pretty much no chance of being on the same table as someone I know. I don't think I've ever played a DTD sat where I don't know at least 10% of the other players.

Switching the chat box off would help but wouldn't solve it. It'd certainly make it less tilting though if they aren't doing it smack in front of your face.

This, the simple folk are doing it in the chat box we all have... at least skype call.....

YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2013, 01:37:44 AM »

thankgod someone put it on here, mostly walks were given because of 'friends' is that cheating? if ur best friend is sitting on big blind very short stack i have to make a choice, regardless of my hand i fold. this is a theory and never in my mind lol.
there was some pretty sick folds i saw when theres 50k in middle and 3k to call a guys all-in?

i think closing the chat at a certain level would do the trick, but this happens live too doesnt it?
glad it was brought up as the chat box was filled with hatred for these so called cheats, you dont have to call anything you dont want to, its your hand do as you please thats my view

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 01:49:02 AM »

same breath i understand and feel for those who came close and feel robbed:(

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 02:02:46 AM »

it's cheating yeahman, plain and simple collusion. By helping a 'friend' it unfairly affects every other player's chance of winning, who have paid the same fee in expectation of a fair shot. That in itself challenges the integrity of the game which is obv fundamental to the poker game/site's future. Ofc understand you'd want your friend to win a seat etc, but you have to look at the bigger picture i.e. players will stop playing if it isn't a level playing field = game fails. For someone to be daft enough to be put this in the chatbox beggars belief
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 02:08:16 AM »

Skype/ Facebook or whatever obv goes on. I don't honestly believe these idiots who post in the chat box even understand its cheating. The kid who I quoted on Eso's diary actually said two nights ago.... Tell Simon and Rob, what are they gonna do about it lol.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2013, 02:23:10 AM »

Skype/ Facebook or whatever obv goes on. I don't honestly believe these idiots who post in the chat box even understand its cheating. The kid who I quoted on Eso's diary actually said two nights ago.... Tell Simon and Rob, what are they gonna do about it lol.

So hard to police too, gotta feel for DTD really, even when they stop chat its going to happen. Need a statement saying this is unacceptable and seats will be taken away if it happens but even then how do you judge it properly.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2013, 05:26:47 AM »

So hard to police too, gotta feel for DTD really, even when they stop chat its going to happen. Need a statement saying this is unacceptable and seats will be taken away if it happens but even then how do you judge it properly.

In my eyes really black and white - anyone who even mentions it being a bubble, who discusses stack sizes, or anything.... gets a warning and anyone who even touches a toe over that line, loses any seat they won.

Do it once and they will never do it again.

big poppa

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2013, 07:03:13 AM »

Hi.

I would like to get a few things straight here. I'm not a regular poster but do enjoy reading some great stuff from pros and rec players of which i fall into the later. I managed to bink a seat on the Monday through the skin as it were.  I read a post  last night by smashedagain that basically called me a cheat. I don't take kindly to being named in a public forum especially when you are talking about my integrity. The poker world is a small one and as a family man i feel insulted that someone mentions my name in this way when all through my life i have tried to be an honest working man providing for his family.

The facts are these.  With 60 or so players left i flick in my last 20k or so from mid position. It time banks round to the big blind and for some reason he folds when all he needed to put in was 2k out of a stack of 50k. (these figures are from memory).  Even i was shocked that he folded. I didn't know the big blind and nor have i played against him before.  Following this i get a torrid of abuse from the table accusing me of cheating/colluding etc etc. I bite back and use a bit of sarcasm to defend myself. Wrong play, i don't know.  All i know is that i haven't cheated or colluded and played it the only way i could have. I play these sats and the smaller ones quite often and my username is my name.  i have played every game with honesty and will continue to do so and don't hide behind usernames that mask identity.
From the outside looking in i see the way it looks which is why i snap e mail Nicola to let her know what happened.

Smashedagain - FYI i wasn't chatting to the player before hand and I didn't raise and then fold to a jam.  If your going to multi table troll at least get your FACTS right or buy a bigger screen especially if your going to mention names. In fact i never write more than gg, nh or ty in the chat box end of. lol The last time i did engage in conversation was actually with you when we were 3 handed in a mini sat 4-5 months ago.

PS well done for spelling my name right. Its just a shame that's the only thing you did get right

Akhil Avasthy

Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2013, 07:09:49 AM »

Stopping chat will pretty much solve it imo.

See too many begging posts

And when 1 table see's it going off they all start doing it

Understand that it could be difficult to police, but maybe worth a try if chat can't be switched off 10 from bubble

Dtd (observer) Hi guys just informing you that all tables are being monitored and any sign of collusion will result in loss of seat to all people involved..  etc

Thanks for taking notice Rob and thanks for the satellites 

Satellite King
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2013, 07:24:08 AM »

Hi Akhil,

Nice to get some balance to what has hitherto been a a wholly one-sided discussion. The way YOU presents the facts suggests NO improper play by yourself. We can but guess, assuming you speak the truth (I have no reason to doubt you) what the BB was thinking, but poker & poker players are what they are, a rich mix of different things.

I was not aware you had been specifically named here as a "cheat", & apologise that such an unsubstantiated comment was allowed to remain up.

It is very easy to be careless on a Forum & say improper things, apologising later, but by then the damage is done. It was primarily for this reason that I suggested to the OP, early in the thread, that the matter was best dealt with by contacting DTD direct, rather than splashing it all over the Forum. In truth, the general discussion in this thread is fine, but you should not - in my personal opinion - have been named unless there was clear proof. On the basis of your Post, there was not.

Of course, I don't know the actual facts - but then nor does anyone else except you & the BB in that hand. I see hundreds of such discussions here, & elsewhere, as part of my job. There are invariably good but unexpected reasons for inexplicable actions, as in this instance by the BB. Perhaps he disco'd, or had - God forbid - brain fade. The action by him IS inexplicable, but we don't KNOW he cheated, & on the facts as presented by you, YOU did nothing wrong.

There is a more general issue of collusion Online, apparently on DTD at present in certain situations, & it is grand that we discuss these things openly & properly. Uncorroborated accusations should never be part of that discussion though.

If you can point me to the offending Post, which I have not seen, the Mods will deal with it as they see fit.

Take care now, & thanks for giving your side of the tale.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: