blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:53:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  whats my stack worth?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: whats my stack worth?  (Read 8905 times)
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2013, 01:21:35 PM »

Lol, this isn't what the thread was about.  It was about Ross asking from a personal point of view what he should do with regards to selling the package.  The 1.3 seems like a fair MU given the factors I outlined assuming yourself to be a competant player (which is for the staker to decide).

The other side of the coin was personal considerations for Ross.  Explaining that if she sold for 1.3 he could use the money towards the cost of the trip.  This is not a staking thread.  I dont know what else you think players do with the MU when they sell packages?
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2013, 01:23:28 PM »

I was under the impression that it was closer to 80/90% of the field at wembley getting paid since each day one plays down to 10%?

YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2013, 01:27:14 PM »

Yeaman needs to think about this differently. It sounds as thou he is selling to his mates too and not on open forum and that this thread was for advice.

haha Smiley yes it is true. im open for any views and opinions i dont like to lie or cloud people who back me whether they know about mark-up or have experience staking. i would look to sell on facebook, i have no choice on here as threads are not above 300 and also as someone said, they would rather back cody! Wink ( so would i lol). pitch high then find a middle.

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT PEOPLE WOULD SELL IN MY POSITION. forget the questions why but i ask as if you was selling in a nutshell Wink

thks for all replies, i think its interesting. my orignal intention was sell at less than ticket value with no mark up if im honest Smiley

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2013, 01:29:45 PM »

Loving the healthy debate but I bet yeahman is now more unsure than he was when he first asked the question

smurf i have a few figures in my mind Wink , im sure alot of people will sell a little even if only 10/15%

your smiling Smiley
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2013, 01:32:53 PM »

So if someone sells directly into Day 2 nobody would expect them to sell at less than spot, obv.

But if someone plays day 1 and makes day 2 with 4/5ths of the stack you'd have if you bought directly into day 2 it's worth nowhere near the same amount ??

Took me a second to figure out what side of the fence you were on.. Smiley although fair point Monda, but I doubt someone selling direct into day 2 would say I fancy getting a first class train, a few stellas, maybe a couple of ploughmans from the cart and a balla suite in the local premier so I am charging @1.3 nor do I think they would say you also you get 1/5 of your money back if I finish in the top 50% of players..

Does this same argument hold if they go in with a 1/3 or less of a day 2 direct buy in stack or less. (fwiw I am well aware this isn't the case for yeahman) 

This isn't your average £3k comp.

LOL.

I totally agree that people shouldn't increase there mark up to cover expenses, delusional self confidence is a much better reason :p

but mondatoo isnt that what money goes on? i mean fair enough not saying it cos it would come across as being cheeky. is that what your saying?

your smiling Smiley
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2013, 01:35:01 PM »

This did kind of get off track from Ross' actual position.  If you're selling to friends then you can do anything you want.  I'm used to dealing with guys who play for a living and my biggest leak is I don't adjust to individual threads quick enough.

If its for friends you can do what you want, but please dont sell less than face!!!!
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2013, 01:35:22 PM »

I was under the impression that it was closer to 80/90% of the field at wembley getting paid since each day one plays down to 10%?

no morgan Sad

www.ispt.com/en/payout/

suprise!!!

your smiling Smiley
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2013, 01:47:12 PM »

So if someone sells directly into Day 2 nobody would expect them to sell at less than spot, obv.

But if someone plays day 1 and makes day 2 with 4/5ths of the stack you'd have if you bought directly into day 2 it's worth nowhere near the same amount ??

Took me a second to figure out what side of the fence you were on.. Smiley although fair point Monda, but I doubt someone selling direct into day 2 would say I fancy getting a first class train, a few stellas, maybe a couple of ploughmans from the cart and a balla suite in the local premier so I am charging @1.3 nor do I think they would say you also you get 1/5 of your money back if I finish in the top 50% of players..

Does this same argument hold if they go in with a 1/3 or less of a day 2 direct buy in stack or less. (fwiw I am well aware this isn't the case for yeahman) 

This isn't your average £3k comp.

LOL.

I totally agree that people shouldn't increase there mark up to cover expenses, delusional self confidence is a much better reason :p

but mondatoo isnt that what money goes on? i mean fair enough not saying it cos it would come across as being cheeky. is that what your saying?

It doesn't really matter what it's spent on, but selling at a mark up because you want backers to pay your expenses and you want a freeroll as opposed to selling at mark up due to the edge you think you have but your factoring in expenses in your decision to sell in the first place ofc are two very different things.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2013, 01:51:37 PM »

It doesn't really matter what it's spent on, but selling at a mark up because you want backers to pay your expenses and you want a freeroll as opposed to selling at mark up due to the edge you think you have but your factoring in expenses in your decision to sell in the first place ofc are two very different things.

Exactly this.  If it were a staking thread you would say im selling x amount @ x mark up which offers fantastic value to investors.

What the horse spends the money on is of no concern to the investor!

If the investor doesn't feel the offer is +ev, then he doesn't invest.  Im not suggesting for one second that we calculate MU based on overheads, I was pointing out to Ross that a 1.3 MU would probably cover his costs IF he sold it at this.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 01:54:44 PM by tomsom87 » Logged
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2013, 01:55:17 PM »

Exactly this.  If it were a staking thread you would say im selling x amount @ x mark up which offers fantastic value to investors.

Unless they spend it all before buying into the comp. 

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2013, 02:04:52 PM »

Exactly this.  If it were a staking thread you would say im selling x amount @ x mark up which offers fantastic value to investors.

Unless they spend it all before buying into the comp. 

If they don't play the comp then I can see that being problematic for investors.  However, if they invested it on drugs and cheap hookers I would have difficulties giving them a hard time about it.
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2013, 02:05:14 PM »

He probably needs a little bit of a mark up to buy some shavers if he's still sporting that big bushy beard  

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2013, 02:05:47 PM »

I think (potential) overlay might have an influence on stack value, so not just a simple 42/50 pricetag

seen as only first place is guaranteed and this is likely to be chopped up amongst the final table i don't think this makes as much difference as if the whole event was guaranteed. (as the top up will only be about 200k not 2 million)

Overs on the 200k.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2013, 02:15:36 PM »

He probably needs a little bit of a mark up to buy some shavers if he's still sporting that big bushy beard  

haha im growing it for the occasion gordan though i feel i dont have long enough. that beard took time, love and care, i only got 3weeks Wink

your smiling Smiley
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2013, 02:19:14 PM »

haha im growing it for the occasion gordan though i feel i dont have long enough. that beard took time, love and care, i only got 3weeks Wink

I'm only jealous cos I can't grow one
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: