blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:00:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  whats my stack worth?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: whats my stack worth?  (Read 8848 times)
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2013, 02:57:12 PM »

someone keeps putting i have 48k, i do not i have 42k just to make a pitch even worse lol

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2013, 03:51:14 PM »

Some incredible failure of logic itt.

It's absolutely a 3k comp, even if you've sattyed in for 300. Which is effectively what you have done. And if you have 42k, then you have a slight equity disadvantage to the average player. But you're equity if you are a breakeven player will still be around 3k, the 8k difference is v minimal to your equity. Similarly the same player with 58k's equity is still around 3k, a little higher of course but not much.

All this "you need to make top 10% to breakeven" so it's not a 3k comp is nonsense. In most tournaments 85% of people get nothing at all.

The ROI for a good player in this comp will be enormous. It's like the WSOP main event, but with twice the runners and tons of people in on freerolls, 3euros, 30euros etc. It's going to be insane.

Markups could be easily justified as 2.0+.

it's all been said before about markups shouldnt be charged because of expenses, but they can of course be spent on what you like.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2013, 03:55:38 PM »

Fwiw, using your logic it's a 300 euro comp and you are selling your day 2 action

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2013, 03:58:53 PM »

Fwiw, using your logic it's a 300 euro comp and you are selling your day 2 action

Fine, and you have 9x starting stack. Same thing give or take.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2013, 04:21:39 PM »

Some incredible failure of logic itt.

It's absolutely a 3k comp, even if you've sattyed in for 300. Which is effectively what you have done. And if you have 42k, then you have a slight equity disadvantage to the average player. But you're equity if you are a breakeven player will still be around 3k, the 8k difference is v minimal to your equity. Similarly the same player with 58k's equity is still around 3k, a little higher of course but not much.

All this "you need to make top 10% to breakeven" so it's not a 3k comp is nonsense. In most tournaments 85% of people get nothing at all.

The ROI for a good player in this comp will be enormous. It's like the WSOP main event, but with twice the runners and tons of people in on freerolls, 3euros, 30euros etc. It's going to be insane.

Markups could be easily justified as 2.0+.

it's all been said before about markups shouldnt be charged because of expenses, but they can of course be spent on what you like.

thumbs up it has better reasons for backing than standard comp in my view, maybe not myself but like you say 'pro's can have massive mark-up

your smiling Smiley
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2013, 04:33:07 PM »

I'd really like to here Skolsuper and Mantis1's views on the whole debate

fyp

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2013, 04:38:05 PM »

But you're equity if you are a breakeven player will still be around 3k 2.7k, the 8k difference is v minimal to your equity.  

Gotta fix that bit.... will let the 'you're' slide.

jakally

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2013, 04:39:14 PM »

But you're equity if you are a breakeven player will still be around 3k 2.7k, the 8k difference is v minimal to your equity. 

Gotta fix that bit.... will let the 'you're' slide.

Actually I'm a nob, and your right....
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2013, 05:13:19 PM »

what i dont get about these stakes is if a player has a 30% edge over a field why any backer would back at 1.3 because then they are getting none of the value and all of the risk

surely if a player has a 30% edge then a backer needs too be buying at 1.1 so they get the same edge as the player has

if a player is selling at 30% he needs to have an edge around 100% on the field

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2013, 05:20:38 PM »

what i dont get about these stakes is if a player has a 30% edge over a field why any backer would back at 1.3 because then they are getting none of the value and all of the risk

surely if a player has a 30% edge then a backer needs too be buying at 1.1 so they get the same edge as the player has

Sellers going to sell. 

Day 2 fields sure to be tougher than day 1 fields.  Hard to see much of an edge in this field for someone who is thinking of chucking a 42k stack in the bin.  270 euros for 10 seems fine.  People will likely take it.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2013, 05:35:58 PM »

Correct.  Nobody has said anything different.
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2013, 06:01:38 PM »

Very simple. its this. The £270 comp u played was a day 1 and not a sat. u now selling ur day 2 action and with min cash being only 500 odd this has to have a massive influence on any staking request. Gl hope u get what u want
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2013, 11:01:08 PM »

Very simple. its this. The £270 comp u played was a day 1 and not a sat. u now selling ur day 2 action and with min cash being only 500 odd this has to have a massive influence on any staking request. Gl hope u get what u want

those were day1 sats though? i mean how its structured its a 3k euro buyin with rebuys allowed so surely it should be based on that?

thks for everyones input. not many examples for me to go off though for people that might sell(if u wanted to i mean)
so overall i get the feeling my seat is worth infact £2300 ish?

ty for posts, its opened my eyes abit and learnt new things Smiley

your smiling Smiley
Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2013, 01:09:30 AM »

YEAAAAAHMAN.

Well done again matey, Proper good to see you grind it through and really good talking to you other the last 2 weeks.
My personal view mate, is I would not sell any. 1.2, 1.5 even 2.0. Your pretty much freerolling, your a good player and have a shot at $1,000,000.

Reason is also, I feel for this comp better invested in other people. Swapping % with other people who make it through. There's alot of dead money out there (90% of the Day 1 money is in the pot), and investing it decent players maybe the best choice you can make.

Never folding... Bros just coming at us. We have a pair, if we're beat, we can always flop a set.
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2013, 08:35:57 AM »

YEAAAAAHMAN.

Well done again matey, Proper good to see you grind it through and really good talking to you other the last 2 weeks.
My personal view mate, is I would not sell any. 1.2, 1.5 even 2.0. Your pretty much freerolling, your a good player and have a shot at $1,000,000.

Reason is also, I feel for this comp better invested in other people. Swapping % with other people who make it through. There's alot of dead money out there (90% of the Day 1 money is in the pot), and investing it decent players maybe the best choice you can make.

yeahman!!
hey tommy it was good to see you there too,
yeah think the last 6months have been a eye opener and listening to a few poker players and watching some bad players has turned my brain into a sponge soaking it all up like a kid at school lol.
you was railing and observing the last few hours of saturday, so you kinda know how its going to play this weekend. Ul that you didnt make it through though after being in good position sort of mid way through. Guess luck is still required to win those flips.
yeah ive thought alot about my options and swopping 2%'s with other players there seems a great choice. i know you can make it through so i'll swop with you Wink

thks for your input tommy, respected Smiley

your smiling Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: