blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 07:58:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273059 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1037073 times)
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: November 07, 2014, 11:30:48 PM »

New to this thread and have done well as a lurker so feel the need to at least try and contribute.

Most firms paying 5 places in the November handicap tomorrow. Are there any bad bets?

FWIW I have had a small EW punt on Aramist @ 20s

Not concerned by the trip and the ground. Not sure how races run on the round course but am hoping the high draw is not a disadvantage here. Seems a decent price.
icles test

View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: November 08, 2014, 12:06:01 AM »

New to this thread and have done well as a lurker so feel the need to at least try and contribute.

Most firms paying 5 places in the November handicap tomorrow. Are there any bad bets?

Not concerned by the trip and the ground. Not sure how races run on the round course but am hoping the high draw is not a disadvantage here. Seems a decent price.

Probably the most open one of the season, handicap good things have all been played and this will most likely be one that finally has its distance and ground.

Dont understand why treasure the ridge is the rag of the field at 40s, its form off its new mark isnt that far off the rest and its back on the ground that saw it win a similar event (off a much lower mark). Think he will improve for getting that useless wheel of fortune bird off and has had its best results in eased ground (won for dermot weld in bottomless ground). One of the huge turnaround stories of the season, claimed in a class six and four races later not disgracing himself in a listed race. Was on at 40s when he swooped late at sandown so happy to follow him anyway but think hes a much better then 40/1 show e/w

Athletic, cant believe anyone who watched its last run could believe this is a fair interpretation

"Slowly into stride, soon pushed along towards rear, headway on inside over 1f out, run flattened out and no impression inside final furlong opened 8/1 touched 5/1" sporting life lolol

14/1 is decent ew, disappointing lost one making it 15 runners, see who still pays 4 places tomorrow

Hope slade power does the business tonight and interested to see how the 1-30 at wincanton goes as think 3/4 are very nice and horizontal speed could be brilliant if it sorts its jumping (altho southfield threatre was way better over hurdles)
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2612 on: November 08, 2014, 01:28:33 AM »

fancy sirious prospect and rochdale house to run big races    and love mount logan for the november
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: November 08, 2014, 10:56:08 AM »

Sad news about Solwhit, one of my favourite horses who won me a tidy sum when slooshing up in the 2013 World Hurdle. He broke a shoulder while schooling yesterday and had to be put down.

RIP Solwhit.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
icles test

View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: November 08, 2014, 04:15:25 PM »

n1
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: November 09, 2014, 08:56:14 AM »

n1

Seemed a bizarre ride from the winner. Not sure that ground was any better.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: November 09, 2014, 09:42:47 AM »

When interviewed after the race O'Meara said one of the owners knew they didn't water the wider areas of the course. Therefore the ground on the wider areas wouldn't be so deep.

Brave, but hindsight showed he was completely right.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: November 09, 2014, 10:20:55 AM »

When interviewed after the race O'Meara said one of the owners knew they didn't water the wider areas of the course. Therefore the ground on the wider areas wouldn't be so deep.

Not often i agree with adz but, with all due respect, you must have been watching a different race to me Swine.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: November 09, 2014, 11:24:02 AM »

Thoughts, if I may, on the 16:10 at Ffos Las, please?

A friend of mine is part of a syndicate, with approximately an eyelash of Bleu Et Or. Rated 107 from la belle France, with the favourite 91 but 7 pounds higher, having won a bumper.

Any direction welcome.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: November 09, 2014, 12:18:20 PM »

Thoughts, if I may, on the 16:10 at Ffos Las, please?

A friend of mine is part of a syndicate, with approximately an eyelash of Bleu Et Or. Rated 107 from la belle France, with the favourite 91 but 7 pounds higher, having won a bumper.

Any direction welcome.

Looks like a job for the spider.

Very unexposed horses in a low-grade bumper. Winning with a penalty such as the favourite carries is normally fairly difficult in these kind of races, but in a small field like this who knows.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: November 09, 2014, 03:24:45 PM »

Not often i agree with adz but, with all due respect, you must have been watching a different race to me Swine.

Watched the race and not saying it was a bad ride at all. But watching it at the time (ie without hindsight) I'd have thought with all the rain that fell, that those tactics would have left the horse too much to do. Looking at the race, most jockeys agreed with me, especially the ones drawn high that chose to still move inside.
icles test

View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: November 09, 2014, 09:29:21 PM »

Open eagle wins whatever the jockey does.

Only jockey questions are for the two that tried to come up the ploughed field on the rail......
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: November 13, 2014, 09:56:40 AM »

Going to newcastle races tomorrow
Help me out please!
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: November 13, 2014, 01:31:34 PM »

http://www.newcastle-racecourse.co.uk/about-us/find-us.php

exstream

View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: November 13, 2014, 05:51:12 PM »