blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:39:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1020843 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4020 on: February 19, 2016, 10:50:17 AM »

Amazing scenes.

Hit 8-1 on the machine yesterday according to Clod Duval.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: February 21, 2016, 12:00:43 PM »

Really keen on Copper Birch in the 3.45 at Ffos today.

Ran a cracker against the "S" list of UK Stayers last time out at Haydock in the heavy, only running out of puff in the last half mile finishing a gallant 5th.

Back to 3m at FL off bottom weight and a rating lower than his C&D win. He has had a decent break since that last effort, and this looks like it has been a target race for him.

The Welsh don't like us English winning at FL and 8-1 looks a cracking ew bet today to keep the trophy from going too far West.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: February 28, 2016, 03:38:09 PM »

Sad news violet dancer dies after complications in surgery. Gary Moores done a great job particularly with 2 mile chasers and his bad luck continues. Hoping he has a bit of luck at chelts.

Robbie Power is riding so well in ireland. Hope theres a few horses he can show his talent off at the festival on. Well worth a punt on a tricky or complicated ride (even better if its a nice price).
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: March 02, 2016, 09:38:38 AM »

Morning all,
                 Wincanton 3.20 Hunter Chase race is interesting, and D-Day for Victoria Pendleton.
It looks like it should be between Pacha and big fella thanks. You can get 13/8 each of 2.
I think if say, Will Biddick was riding Pacha it would be 1/2, but if he was riding Big fella it wouldnt be that short, so in theory Pacha is a decent price IF Victoria can stay on board  Smiley   The jockey on Big fella is also very inexperienced, only had 3/4 rides last year.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: March 02, 2016, 10:26:21 AM »

Morning all,
                 Wincanton 3.20 Hunter Chase race is interesting, and D-Day for Victoria Pendleton.
It looks like it should be between Pacha and big fella thanks. You can get 13/8 each of 2.
I think if say, Will Biddick was riding Pacha it would be 1/2, but if he was riding Big fella it wouldnt be that short, so in theory Pacha is a decent price IF Victoria can stay on board  Smiley   The jockey on Big fella is also very inexperienced, only had 3/4 rides last year.

Ugh. Looked at her UR last time out, and it's pretty bad. Not sure I want my money with her just yet.
Big Fella is ridden by Noel George, Tom George's son. Only 16 or 17, but won at least a couple of point to points, and highly likely been developing horse sense most of his life.
Think I will be a watcher, rather than a player. Be great if VP wins though.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: March 02, 2016, 11:27:11 AM »

Hi Jakally,
              Yes although the horse in front unseated and bumped her a bit , it was a very soft unseat.
         Ah i didnt realise he was the son of Tom George , he must of won a point or 2 this year  then, big fella is getting on a bit now tho, hope she does well too, she put a lot of effort in.

nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: March 02, 2016, 01:34:13 PM »

Pendleton has worked very hard to make the progress she has, and it's been a good story to add to the widespread coverage of horse racing, but couldn't back her with counterfeit. From all the PTP reports I've read on her rides, she has struggled to gauge the pace of the race correctly and has set off too quick or left herself too much to do. With experience she'll find a happy medium but it must be tough for her at the moment without that instinctive knowledge. As I can't see her winning there has to be some value elsewhere, so I'l take BFT
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: March 02, 2016, 01:51:31 PM »

Hi Nellberg,
                i have watched her at a couple of the points she has ridden in, and yes i would say she does stuggle with judging pace. It makes it a very interesting betting medium, as i think Pacha is far the better horse than Big Fella.
Also makes it harder for her in the hunter chases than the points as she was riding in ladies race. Believe me some of those riders in points that have been riding years are still useless.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: March 02, 2016, 02:31:16 PM »

Jonathon Neesom on RUK has just given her a vote of confidence, stating her fall was at a course he has seen far better jockeys come a cropper.

He seems to think she is very competent and I consider him as good a judge as any tbh.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: March 02, 2016, 02:38:25 PM »

She looked very nervous the last day which i think resulted in the mistake. Various people who have seen her in points suggest she is better than that.

The tactics will be the key today, i think the reason Nicholls has asked for the horse to be dropped in so far is because the Cheltenham plan will not be to make all (probably wise) I think if she pops it out front today she wins

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: March 02, 2016, 03:03:03 PM »

She was very nervous, prob putting too much pressure on herself, its a small time scale she is working with.
She didnt look any worse than most other riders at the point thats for sure. think she got used to a bike doing exactley as she asked, horses are not as cooperative a lot of the time, come on Victoria you can do it Smiley
Timing race at wincanton is important, shortish run in an fences come quick in home straight, the cross fence before turning for home particularlly tricky, comes just as you need to be getting a move on / in poss

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: March 02, 2016, 03:22:40 PM »

With the ground being heavy down there the one thing we do know is that she wont lack for fitness.

I hope she wins. Its a good story and hopefully does something positive for racings profile.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: March 02, 2016, 03:37:12 PM »

https://soundcloud.com/emmet-kennedy/neil-channing-sean-boyce-discuss-the-cheltenham-handicaps

Latest FF Pod is a good listen.

Betfair streaming a Cheltenham preview tonight, too.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: March 02, 2016, 04:17:44 PM »

made all lovely stuff
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: March 02, 2016, 04:18:00 PM »

Boooom

Nice one Vicky!

Did it well. At this level you do well to thrash BFT if he is on his game.

Pages: 1 ... 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: