blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:44:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1021053 times)
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4350 on: July 28, 2016, 03:59:20 PM »

Bolted up again, think its entered up for hurdle race in 3 days ,  Cheesy

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: July 28, 2016, 04:42:17 PM »

Was out, but just watched race back now, and head in chest again Cheesy

Well done lads.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: July 30, 2016, 10:58:01 AM »

Good Morning Line today Cheesy

Think they need a different host if they want Braveheart and Cunningham on together again.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: July 30, 2016, 12:19:09 PM »

Good Morning Line today Cheesy

Think they need a different host if they want Braveheart and Cunningham on together again.

I enjoyed that enormously. In fact, I enjoyed it this much:

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=67073.0

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: August 04, 2016, 04:25:18 PM »

Turf Club to investigate Byrnes gamble further

BY DAVID JENNINGS 8:00PM 3 AUG 2016

IRELAND'S racing regulator is to dig deeper into the betting coup successfully executed by Charles Byrnes at Roscommon on Tuesday night.

Turf Club chief executive Denis Egan indicated the book had not been closed on the matter, although he underlined raceday officials were happy with measures taken on the day.

The stewards at Roscommon held inquiries into the apparent improvement in form of two of the three winners that enabled Byrnes to execute a gamble a betting industry insider estimated stretched "well into seven figures".

No action was taken by stewards, but the explanations of the trainer were noted in the two inquiries on a night when any punter on at the very early prices would have netted a combined treble of 4,334-1 on War Anthem, Mr Smith and Top Of The Town.

The Roscommon trio: profiles

WAR ANTHEM
Unsuccessful in ten starts for John Murphy but did start 11-10 favourite for a 7f maiden at Laytown last September on his final start for Murphy, where he was beaten over four lengths into third. He was sold for 8,000gns at Tattersalls last October but showed precious little on his first two outings for Byrnes, beaten an aggregate 139 lengths in two maiden hurdles at Listowel and Limerick. With the 97-rated Henry Howard among the leading fancies for the Roscommon race, it was without doubt a moderate maiden hurdle and War Anthem took full advantage.

MR SMITH
A Galileo gelding who cost a tasty 280,000gns as a yearling and is a brother to St Leger third Michelangelo, as well as classy stayer No Heretic who sadly lost his life at Goodwood last week. Bought by Byrnes in October 2014 for 25,000gns, when a 63-rated maiden on the Flat for John Gosden. In his previous 11 starts before Roscommon, Mr Smith has been beaten a total of 496 and a half lengths. His hurdle mark had dropped only from 88 to 83 in all that time. It was his first try at two and a half miles, and it was only the second time he had worn blinkers.

TOP OF THE TOWN
Started life with Patrick Neville but showed precious little in three starts for him in 2013. First glimpse of ability arrived at Kilbeggan in June last year when upped to three miles for the first time and finishing a close-up third to Dunroe Boy in a handicap off a mark of 93. He was placed in a handicap at Limerick next time before opening his account in 2m7f maiden hurdle at Downpatrick in July, having been supported into 11-8. Form tailed off after that and was beaten 51 lengths in his first two outings of 2016. His mark dropped 3lb to 100 as a result, and he wore a hood at Roscommon, the same piece of headgear he had on when delivering at Downpatrick but which was left off on his first two runs this year.

Egan said: "We will look into it further, but the stewards on the night did conduct two improvement-in-form inquiries and examined videos of those horses' previous runs and were happy with the action they took."

All three Byrnes runners had shown poor form in the lead-up to Tuesday's races, but War Anthem and Top Of The Town were backed from 16-1 in the morning to starting prices of 6-1 and 5-4, while Mr Smith's early price of 14-1 shrank to an SP of 7-4. All three were ridden by Davy Russell.

Stewards spoke with Byrnes after the victories of War Anthem and Mr Smith, but there was no stewards' note following the race won by Top Of The Town.

Read all the fall-out from the successful gamble on the Racing Post ipad now, or in Thursday's Racing Post

Tags: C Byrnes
CLOSECLOSE
International
USA: Sheehan takes advantage of break to ride in Grade 1

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: August 06, 2016, 05:28:33 PM »

Rules query - If you take a match bet selection and one of the horses is withdrawn under orders should you forefeit the bet or should you be on a winner/loser?
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: August 09, 2016, 01:40:59 PM »

Thirsk 3.00
Dark wonder is fav but won a worse race off lower mark than here, although there seems to be expected improvement on second run for new trainer.
Im drawn to MIDLIGHT tho, has come back to form and on a very nice mark, if reproducing old form , and with the tounge tie on again at 15/2 in this grade looks worth a little bet, almost same price as bettfair. Although a maiden looke d full of promise early on.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: August 09, 2016, 03:10:02 PM »

Rules query - If you take a match bet selection and one of the horses is withdrawn under orders should you forefeit the bet or should you be on a winner/loser?

"withdrawn under orders" is a bit of an archaic term.  I'm not sure it is valid any more.  I think a horse is either a runner or not.

edit the betfair rules are

If both horses achieve the same position this market will be settled as a dead heat. If either horse fails to come under starters orders all bets will be void. Any other non runners will not affect this market. At least one horse must finish the race for bets to stand.

So if a horse didn't take part after coming under starters orders the bet stands, I just can't recall a horse being "withdrawn" under orders for years decades.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 03:18:39 PM by doubleup » Logged
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: August 09, 2016, 04:06:26 PM »

Midlight ran ok, got 3rd if anyone did it e/w, the winner was beten 66 lenghts last time in same grade lol lot of joke results recently, prob the better ground helped  Grin
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 04:08:37 PM by atdc21 » Logged

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: August 10, 2016, 02:17:35 PM »

Sat here watching the Handicapping programme on 415, and even if you hate Matt Chapman(for whatever bizarre reason), he is the only person that makes me laugh and smile on a regular basis during a racing programme. If he doesn't, you dont have a sense of humour. End of.

Hannon has one running tonight called Sunset Dream in the 7.40. Ran an interesting race LTO at Kempton, showing a burst of speed at the cutaway, and then staying on again nicely as he learnt what was expected. a nice ew price tonight at 12-1, to improve again. Cant go mad as it is one more run for a mark, but worth a mention.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: August 10, 2016, 02:52:27 PM »

Hi adz, will have a look at that one ina bit. I have a good sense of humour, but Chapman does my fkin head in ...he goes on and on and on and on.....
Akhlaaq should be a thievey ew bet in 2.20 trouble is they dont usually get knocked about first time out, oh and Hanagan  Smiley

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: August 10, 2016, 04:19:51 PM »

Akhlaaq ran bit green but done it ok in end, entered in some decent races too.

simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: August 10, 2016, 09:34:04 PM »

Well done guys, great value spot Adz - unlucky not to scoop there

seems like we should get this thread revved up again...

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: August 11, 2016, 09:22:28 AM »

In a rush but had some bets today:

Queen in Waiting 1.50 Bev at current 4-1
DUBKA @ 13/8   3.40 Sal
MISS BATES @ 10/1  2.20 Bev
MUIRSHEEN DURKIN @ 6/1 2.20 Bev

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: August 11, 2016, 11:10:50 AM »

They are all up against it in the 4.10 at Salisbury against 2000 Guineas second Massaat, but I thought maybe Tony Curtis still has enough potential to look a decent ew poke.

A course and distance winner last season in August, he made his comeback in the Craven and basically went off too fast, but travelled well in good company. He was next seen after quite a break at Goodwood, where he was held up out the back and travelled as well as anything for most of the race, and finished well to be just behind the leaders.

As he is fresher than most here, I am hoping he still has a bit to give and despite my old fav Sovereign Debt lurking, TC may just be the improver at a decent price around 12-1 ew.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: