blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:24:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1020365 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5145 on: December 29, 2017, 03:55:27 PM »

Are we supposed to believe W Mullins never knew Faugheen wasn't right that race today? 

Pretty poor.  All the chat before hand abut it being an open goal and PK into an empty goal.  I feel for the backers of shorty's when that shit happens. 

The markets - especially betty - are usually an indicator of something being amiss and there were no smoke-signals today, so I'd say WM didn't know.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: December 29, 2017, 04:35:23 PM »

Mullins never needs an excuse to pull a horse out, even when they're mostly alright.

So I'd say you should believe the horse was fine. They're animals, not machines. Things go wrong, as we've seen plenty of times.

Hope that it's nothing serious, and they get him back for March. If not, we might see Yorkhill v Buveur D'Air

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: December 29, 2017, 05:57:51 PM »

Are we supposed to believe W Mullins never knew Faugheen wasn't right that race today? 

Yes.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: December 29, 2017, 09:59:41 PM »

Yes.

this. There is nothing to gain from running a valuable horse that is injured. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: January 03, 2018, 11:10:12 AM »

Brushed Up - scrap Huntingdon - we are back to Ludlow on the 3rd will post our chances later on for the double

Are we on MikeyMike??

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: January 03, 2018, 02:01:11 PM »

Brushed Up - scrap Huntingdon - we are back to Ludlow on the 3rd will post our chances later on for the double

Are we on MikeyMike??

Not sure there's any internet in rural Ludlow..

She's got her ground this time in a hotter race on paper and carrying a 4lb penalty for her previous derring-do.

I've reinvested some of my winnings at a working-man's price if that helps.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: January 03, 2018, 09:25:33 PM »

Sorry my PM was late - as I said she needed rain overnight - still a good 4th and I think it will be the case that she will win again but may need a couple more races under her belt - the upside is that when she is ready we should get the odds - keep you posted
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: January 04, 2018, 01:43:58 PM »

Sorry my PM was late - as I said she needed rain overnight - still a good 4th and I think it will be the case that she will win again but may need a couple more races under her belt - the upside is that when she is ready we should get the odds - keep you posted

The ground was soft/heavy in places, so prob didn't want much more, unless she's a swimmer Cheesy

She's in all our trackers now, so nice for Blonde to have a nag to follow.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: January 04, 2018, 03:03:59 PM »

Added Farclas @25/1 for the Triumph to my Chelters portfolio.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: January 04, 2018, 04:14:12 PM »

Not long now, and we're off!

Going to be weird this year, not being away for the festival.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: January 04, 2018, 05:56:43 PM »

I reckon it's a way better experience from your front room these days unless you have really good reserved seats.

The last time I went which was when Istabraq won it's third CH it was so rammed in tatts I was phoning bets through to a mate with a pitch in the Best Mate enclosure, and we watched the last couple of races in one of the bars - still miss the buzz, the craic and the atmosphere though.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: January 04, 2018, 06:12:25 PM »

I reckon it's a way better experience from your front room these days unless you have really good reserved seats.

The last time I went which was when Istabraq won it's third CH it was so rammed in tatts I was phoning bets through to a mate with a pitch in the Best Mate enclosure, and we watched the last couple of races in one of the bars - still miss the buzz, the craic and the atmosphere though.

I've only ever been once, in 2006, and didn't even like racing then. Just went down for the piss up.

I wouldn't go now, because it's too much aggro getting about.

Me and 3 mates plotted up here for the week last year, and another Villa the year before that.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: January 04, 2018, 06:40:28 PM »

That looks like a fabulous villa.

I only visited The Canaries once twenty-odd years ago - Tenerife - and played golf a few times on a championship course set in similar terrain to that you can see in the video - volcanic mountains in the background and black volcanic sand in the bunkers - Golf del Sur.

mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: January 04, 2018, 08:02:02 PM »

Makes me want to go on a holiday
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: January 04, 2018, 08:30:49 PM »

I always want to go on holiday, lol.

That looks like a fabulous villa.

I only visited The Canaries once twenty-odd years ago - Tenerife - and played golf a few times on a championship course set in similar terrain to that you can see in the video - volcanic mountains in the background and black volcanic sand in the bunkers - Golf del Sur.

It was superb, and only about 15/20 minutes from Playas.

Quick 5 minute drive to Micky O' Malleys for a fry up before the first race every day Grin

Mate that lived out there had a couple flats in Golf del Sur, and that was about 20minutes from the villa, too.

Pages: 1 ... 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: