blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:12:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1018722 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: September 13, 2013, 11:06:54 PM »

Half interested in Milly's Gift at Bath (5.40) tomorrow. And very interested if there's any money around.

She hasn't done anything like as well in three turf starts as on the AW but fast ground probably wouldn't have suited and this is a much easier race. Cox has two in the race and Ryan Tate rides this one. Worth a look in the morning.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 13, 2013, 11:21:44 PM »

No joy , went off at 5/2 in the end.  Didn't get to watch the race so not sure if it is worth following or not. 

Anyway i see an old one of Adz popped up in sir reginald at Doncaster.

Was first under pressure then stayed on to look half dangerous before plodding on to finish mid div

Probably the ground and there is something there i think worth another go on a sounder surface if a fair price
a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 13, 2013, 11:40:07 PM »

No joy , went off at 5/2 in the end.  Didn't get to watch the race so not sure if it is worth following or not. 

Was first under pressure then stayed on to look half dangerous before plodding on to finish mid div

Probably the ground and there is something there i think worth another go on a sounder surface if a fair price

Agreed, didn't have an ideal draw tonight either out in stall 10, i got on it at 10s and i think it went off around 5/1 so there was some support for it.  I dont see it being a huge price if it runs in the same type of race but i think it  has a win in it on this mark fairly soon.

So far on mr impatient tomorrow, well supported last time and likes soft ground, bit of money around for it today too it seems.

Will check on chompy's selection in the morning, and if anyone else has some some fancies we could try and get this thread going again.

If anyone can figure out the 2:40 at doncaster then please post. A few bookies going top 5 1/4 odds which has to be good if you can get top price with them on a decent horse.  I remember reading that Monsieur Chevalier used to have some useful form but hasnt been at his best lately after a break and could be a big sweat.  Other than that I quite like both the Omeara horses and i also beleive huge taylor put up magical macey previously on the basis it likes soft ground.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 13, 2013, 11:47:41 PM »

Pricewise put up Doc Hay  @ 12-11/1 and Angels Will Fall @ 25/1

a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 13, 2013, 11:56:52 PM »

Pricewise put up Doc Hay  @ 12-11/1 and Angels Will Fall @ 25/1

Fair bit of support for both I see, prob have to throw a couple darts at this race and hope to hit! Looks like Doc hay is the most likely of the omeara two then, backed up with having tudhope on it.

Undecided on monsieur chevalier, won some class 1s back in the day, down to a mark of 96 and was rated as high at 115.  Doesn't seem like a positive jockey booking though and the draw isn't ideal.  Likes the going and the distance though.  Maybe best watched tomorrow but could be one for the tracker.

Edit: just read on the RP that Ogorman has a 40% strike rate with horses wearing blinkers for the first time, assume he is wearing blinkers for the first time or i'm not sure what they would have put that stat up!  Talking myself into it here abit lol
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 12:02:42 AM by a.sparrow » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 14, 2013, 12:01:31 AM »

Pricewise put up Doc Hay  @ 12-11/1 and Angels Will Fall @ 25/1

Fair bit of support for both I see, prob have to throw a couple darts at this race and hope to hit! Looks like Doc hay is the most likely of the omeara two then, backed up with having tudhope on it.

Undecided on monsieur chevalier, won some class 1s back in the day, down to a mark of 96 and was rated as high at 115.  Doesn't seem like a positive jockey booking though and the draw isn't ideal.  Likes the going and the distance though.  Maybe best watched tomorrow but could be one for the tracker.

Anything he puts up gets hammered, not without good reason though.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #456 on: September 14, 2013, 12:20:52 AM »

id pay so much just to watch and listen to him go through a race
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 14, 2013, 12:46:04 AM »

id pay so much just to watch and listen to him go through a race

Best part of paying for the tipping in the RP is anything he posts/talks on.

FWIW he put your Leger pick up ante post.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 14, 2013, 10:57:33 AM »

Made for a good day for me and Marky....drift to tens was heaven sent aftertiming

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 14, 2013, 11:05:59 AM »

No joy , went off at 5/2 in the end.  Didn't get to watch the race so not sure if it is worth following or not.  

Made for a good day for me and Marky....drift to tens was heaven sent aftertiming

Good would have been nice, but I was quite happy to be saved from the disaster that was Channel 4 Racing

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 14, 2013, 11:09:23 AM »

The way Jim McGrath had poured scorn on its chances, I had already written it off. I suppose that's the owner's prerogative though, low expectations mean no disappointments...

a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 14, 2013, 11:09:56 AM »

Completely forgot about it, only noticed when i was browsing the results once i got in Sad

Had a little play on Red Jazz, guy i follow pointed out he has form figures of 1212123 on ground good or softer and he felt 25s was over priced, at the time it beat betfair so i followed him in. (Doncaster 3:15)

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 14, 2013, 11:17:39 AM »

The way Jim McGrath had poured scorn on its chances, I had already written it off. I suppose that's the owner's prerogative though, low expectations mean no disappointments...

I saw the post race stuff, and could not believe my ears. Fahey has always said that it has poor feet and sting out of the ground had to help it. Would be the first time JMac put us away on his own horses chances tho.

Whilst we are on about cliff horses, Al Muheer has perfect conditions at Chester today, and hopefully Elusivity will finally deliver in the Portland over what looks a perfect trip.

Be lucky chaps.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 14, 2013, 11:26:37 AM »

Does anyone have a view on the draw in the Portland, or Confessional's chances?

Easterby seems to have done a good job of getting down from a mark of 106 and then had to win a race it was pretty well backed for last week off 94 to get in here. Runs off 100 today but a view on the draw would be most welcome.

thanks

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 14, 2013, 12:00:07 PM »

Half interested in Milly's Gift at Bath (5.40) tomorrow. And very interested if there's any money around.

She hasn't done anything like as well in three turf starts as on the AW but fast ground probably wouldn't have suited and this is a much easier race. Cox has two in the race and Ryan Tate rides this one. Worth a look in the morning.

Looks like the price is slowly shortening, enough money to make you very interested or not mate?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: