blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:00:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1016202 times)
a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: September 14, 2013, 12:03:44 PM »

Does anyone have a view on the draw in the Portland, or Confessional's chances?

Easterby seems to have done a good job of getting down from a mark of 106 and then had to win a race it was pretty well backed for last week off 94 to get in here. Runs off 100 today but a view on the draw would be most welcome.

thanks

Seems the draw bias is towards the higer number stalls.  No real view on confessional though.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 14, 2013, 12:11:51 PM »

Does anyone have a view on the draw in the Portland, or Confessional's chances?

Easterby seems to have done a good job of getting down from a mark of 106 and then had to win a race it was pretty well backed for last week off 94 to get in here. Runs off 100 today but a view on the draw would be most welcome.

thanks

Seems the draw bias is towards the higer number stalls.  No real view on confessional though.

thanks mate,  haven't seen a race all week there as I am away so a  pity the draw might be no good. Will have a smaller bet instead.

cheers

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 14, 2013, 12:12:45 PM »

He certainly didnt win out of turn last week, and turned the race into a procession. Sometimes a win is all they need to go on a roll. If I was at the wedding last week, I would reinvest for sure, but I missed that so wont be on him this week.

From a pace angle, Bogart sure to be up there from 7. It always feels like something swoops from the wings in these massive fields but much of the field are finishers so it may play out differently, with a lurker like Confessional able to kick away before the rest get into gear...and each others way.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
judge

Lurker

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 14, 2013, 12:32:43 PM »

ive been backing leading light all week in the st leger only bits and bobs , i dont think hes the most talented animal to come out of o,brien's yard but ive got a sneaking suspicion he could be one of the toughest , a rounded action and plenty of heart is enough for me to have a bet ... posting really to say all his races are on atr and going through them has been an education in how to bring a horse on , hes obvs out paced in his 1st run under heffernan and gets pushed along every yard of the 1m 1f by manning on his maiden win when only his stamina really comes through at the end to win going away , as a 3yr old o briens lad takes the reins and teaches him to front run , the horse enjoys this , so he slows it to a near stop and then quickens away again for an easy win after these lessons he goes on to grp races and harder oppos and outbattles the others to win,eye opening way to teach a horse about almost every situation hes gonna face in his races. He might not win today but iv quite enjoyed tracking his progress
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 14, 2013, 12:43:26 PM »

Half interested in Milly's Gift at Bath (5.40) tomorrow. And very interested if there's any money around.

She hasn't done anything like as well in three turf starts as on the AW but fast ground probably wouldn't have suited and this is a much easier race. Cox has two in the race and Ryan Tate rides this one. Worth a look in the morning.

See there has been a few nibbles today, what you thinking Chomps?

Think Ali mentioned Mister Impatience a while back on here?

He is Paul Kealy's pricewise extra selection today

When last running on this track he sauntered away with a handicap on the opening day of the season on soft ground, and it's somewhat of a surprise that he didn't go on from that.

That said, he was second to subsequent Derby winner Rule Of The World at Chester over this trip and fourth in the Queen's Vase, but for most of the summer he has been racing on the wrong ground.

Despite the official description last time at York, the ground was nearer good than soft and Mister Impatience will love conditions today.

This is some way weaker than the Melrose he ran in last time and he gets a handy 9lb weight for age allowance from some fully exposed older horses. The danger could be one-time Derby fancy Greatwood, but to geld a horse who had such high aspirations only a few months ago smacks of desperation.

Put up at 6/1 and there is still a bit of 5/1 about.

a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 14, 2013, 12:51:26 PM »

Backed mr impatient last night at 13/2 Smiley
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 14, 2013, 12:52:31 PM »

Good day today

Already backed mr red clubs last night as per tft

Like AJJAADD in the portland and a rare occasion when Hugh can put a horse up and its price drifts or at least stays the same

Personally i would have the horse close to fav really like the claimer booked as well. Been trying to cut out backing in these kind of events so only a small bet at 14-1

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 14, 2013, 12:56:04 PM »

Good luck us Grin

a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 14, 2013, 01:03:23 PM »

Good luck us Grin

Yes indeed, today is starting to get a little out of hand, think it might be time to get ouso i can't add to my portfolio of bets todays lol

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 14, 2013, 01:36:01 PM »

Good day today

Already backed mr red clubs last night as per tft

Like AJJAADD in the portland and a rare occasion when Hugh can put a horse up and its price drifts or at least stays the same

Personally i would have the horse close to fav really like the claimer booked as well. Been trying to cut out backing in these kind of events so only a small bet at 14-1

Might have a little save on him.

Ted Powell bought this horse in 2009 with this race as the objective, having won it a couple of times in the past as an owner. Last year missed out by 1 when missing the cut and been its objective all year. Decent form to boot

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 14, 2013, 01:59:21 PM »

I'm on Ancient Cross at a big price today. Would be nice.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 14, 2013, 02:40:18 PM »

I've taken the view that there's a bit more pace amongst the low numbers in the portland - so I've gone for burwaaz and confessional ew 5 places.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 14, 2013, 02:45:17 PM »

I got on Milly's Gift last night. Nice steady nibbling today. Definitely like her.

No draw bias in the Portland.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 14, 2013, 02:45:50 PM »

In the Portland, I seem to be on......

Confessional

Aajjaadd

Doc Hay

Secret Witness.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 14, 2013, 02:52:41 PM »

No draw bias in the Portland.

pity the jocks didn't think that  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: