blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:35:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1019511 times)
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: October 16, 2013, 03:47:16 PM »

bit of a risky one this but anyway

LUPO DORO 4.50 NOTTS at about 16/1 win only

Very risky as basically failed to start the last twice, however Doyle back on board (1-1) good draw, trainer in bit better nick and form on this ground is 2321.

Bet it in the Shops and wait to see if it traps before handing the slip over?
Hehe. I remember my phone punters doing that with Vodkatini. What an awkward animal that was.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 16, 2013, 04:49:41 PM »

Haha.

Vodkatini. Always went to the local bookie with the least experienced staff whenever he ran. Happy days!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 16, 2013, 05:06:20 PM »

Lovely time of year. Jumpers starting again and a few switchers.

Lie Forrit has his first run for Lucinda today in last at Wetherby. last night looked worth a risk, not so much the now, but if he puts his best foot forward, could be a horse to follow, now he is with a decent sized stable.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 16, 2013, 05:52:30 PM »

Lovely performance, and a great SP, 13/2. Jubbly.....

« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 06:16:12 PM by BigAdz » Logged

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 16, 2013, 06:33:44 PM »

Good shout mate!

How blessed are you?

Get the early price, but they throw in an extra point via a pre race drift!

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 16, 2013, 07:11:44 PM »

Lovely performance, and a great SP, 13/2. Jubbly.....

Missed it obv. - expect a drink for not bokking Wink

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
judge

Lurker

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 16, 2013, 07:16:15 PM »

nice spot , could be a good season for the ladies ,lavelle, russell, sue smith and v williams all trainers i'll be following  this year.
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 17, 2013, 12:55:39 AM »

Lovely time of year. Jumpers starting again and a few switchers.

Lie Forrit has his first run for Lucinda today in last at Wetherby. last night looked worth a risk, not so much the now, but if he puts his best foot forward, could be a horse to follow, now he is with a decent sized stable.
Very nice. Drifter in the shop too. So everyone came up trumps.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 17, 2013, 11:25:33 PM »

Captain Sunshine should be hard to beat in the 3.15 at Chelts tomorrow with Lavelle horses pulling up trees, but can't help thinking Restless Harry is worth a few bob at 20s plus.

Now he has lost the liability that is Henry Oliver, he already is better off, but he has a decent record fresh and Almost 2 stone lower than during his pomp.

As a front runner we should get a run.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 18, 2013, 09:35:54 AM »

well done with lie forrit adz

gd lk today
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 18, 2013, 03:37:31 PM »

Oh well. Cant win em all.

Looks like Harry has just lost the plot. Very uninspiring.

Sadly the first one crossed off was the winner. Onwards

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 18, 2013, 09:59:36 PM »

Pricewise picks for tomorrow are -

13:45 - Pale Mimosa

14:20 - Jack Dexter
         - Cape of Approval

16:05 - Morandi

16:45 - Intrigo

Anyone who reckons Champions Day 2013 isn’t living up to its billing is reading a different form book to me. The winners of the Derby, Oaks, 2,000 Guineas, St James’s Palace Stakes, Gold Cup, Prix de l’Abbaye and Lockinge are all in action, as is Cirrus Des Aigles, the second-best horse in the world last year and still a top-notch performer in 2013.

This is the best single day’s racing in Britain this season.

Best bet on the card could be Jack Dexter in the Qipco British Champions Sprint (2.20). Jim Goldie’s four-year-old relishes soft ground and has a good record at Ascot, with just about his best run coming when a close fourth in the King’s Stand over 5f in June. He ran a cracker in the Ayr Gold Cup last month, giving more than a stone to those who finished in front of him.

This is open, though, and Cape Of Approval looks another value play at 25-1. The Tommy Stack-trained four-year-old has twice beaten favourite Maarek this season and he ran really well from a dire draw at the Curragh two starts back on ground that would have been a shade too fast. A slow start, stall 18 and a fast 5f gave him no chance in the Prix de l’Abbaye last time, but he still shaped well.

Cirrus Des Aigles and Farhh set the standard on old form in the Qipco Champion Stakes (4.05), but the jury is still out regarding to how good Cirrus Des Aigles is these days, while Farhh is hard to keep sound and the speed he showed in the Lockinge might make this trip an issue after his absence. The drop in trip might just suit Ruler Of The World given the turn of foot he showed in the Derby, but preference is for French raider Morandi.

He has been beaten by Intello three times this season, but that one’s third place in the Arc tells us he’s the best three-year-old colt in Europe, so that’s no disgrace. Today’s trip on soft ground is perfect and, as his best form came in the autumn last year, he looks likely to give his running.

The plan was to have a couple of stabs at the Qipco Future Stars Apprentice Handicap (4.45) given it is a 29-runner handicap, but it looks nigh on impossible so I’ll stick with just Intrigo in that race and Pale Mimosa in the Qipco British Champions Long Distance Cup (1.45) for Dermot Weld.

There aren’t many better trainers of stayers than Weld and the fact he runs Pale Mimosa is a tip in itself. She looked in need of the outing when disappointing in the Irish Leger last time, but started much shorter than her stablemate, and runaway winner, Voleuse De Coeurs.

She clearly under-performed that day but, with that run under her belt, a much better performance should be expected. As for Intrigo, he will love the ground, and a strongly run 7f may enable him to return to the sort of form that saw him narrowly beaten by Heaven’s Guest at Epsom in June.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 19, 2013, 11:06:17 AM »

Eleven mares in foal to Frankel including 2011 Oaks winner Dancing Rain will be part of Tattersall's December sale.

I wonder how much they might go for.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 19, 2013, 06:05:04 PM »

Eleven mares in foal to Frankel including 2011 Oaks winner Dancing Rain will be part of Tattersall's December sale.

I wonder how much they might go for.

Bound to be one of them lump out 5m+ for one!

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 19, 2013, 06:08:58 PM »

Just said to Adz, some day I've had today!

13:45 - Harris Tweed

14:20 - Jack Dexter

14:55 - Belle De Crecy

15:30 - Top Notch Tonto

16:05 - Morandi

16:45 - Intrigo

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: