blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:31:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1021001 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: October 28, 2013, 10:02:58 PM »

I expect the with PP will go, got maxed at 30 on No Win

They punted it into 2-1 last week, when it was expected to need the run. Ran well despite missing break and taking the long route. I expect a similar gamble tomorrow

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 28, 2013, 10:15:40 PM »

See Chompy is NWNF in the RP write up for the race too.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 28, 2013, 10:23:08 PM »

it ran like it needed the run but applebys very very rarely do need the run so i am a bit confused by that

anyway if it did or didnt should be more to come, not a bad event for a tuesday evening though certainly no gimme
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 29, 2013, 07:43:06 PM »

sigh....again Sad

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 29, 2013, 07:45:31 PM »

no excuses there

no idea how they sent of knowe head that short mmm
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 29, 2013, 10:20:32 PM »

Filthy filthy 4-1 the field Wolverhampton handicaps. Wouldn't ever touch these races, especially Saturday nights when the jockeys know most will be watching X Factor.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 29, 2013, 10:52:23 PM »

might be off to nottingham races tomorrpw - any fancys?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 29, 2013, 10:58:47 PM »

One I follow is Ace Master that is running in the 1430. It won last time out and likes plenty of cut in the ground.

West Coast Dream in the 1505 was put up by Hugh last week and withdrawn. There has been some money for it already tonight and that loves soft ground too.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 30, 2013, 08:43:50 AM »

I had in my tracker the appropriately named Lager Time in same race as West Coast Dream.

Before I get laughed outta Dodge look at its last two runs and tell me they were trying their best?!

They have changed jockeys to the kid that last won on him and worth a pound ew at 33s, just in case I'm not going completely mad. Have fun!

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 30, 2013, 12:11:21 PM »

Definitely prefer yours at the prices now, Adz!

I know it could be a case of Is 'insert trainer', but is Evans a real dodgepot?

I never seem to catch any of his horses right, but you always see his popping up at massive prices, and normally when I'm on something else Cheesy

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 30, 2013, 12:22:19 PM »

Not sure mate, but he runs most of his horses fairly regularly. If it was some One horse Willy, you could say the horse might not be fit etc etc, but Evans knows the time of day, and this horse is almost 50% win or place ratio, so based on last two efforts including the old, pretend look down when horse carries him into contention, bluff, I am happy to take a chance for a few shillings at 33s.

West Coast romps in!! Wink

RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 30, 2013, 12:32:16 PM »

Thanks guys but cant go now might have a wee nibble just in case.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 30, 2013, 01:33:54 PM »

Definitely prefer yours at the prices now, Adz!

I know it could be a case of Is 'insert trainer', but is Evans a real dodgepot?

I never seem to catch any of his horses right, but you always see his popping up at massive prices, and normally when I'm on something else Cheesy

certainly not bent

just runs them a hell of a lot (probably to much)

can mostly be found drunk at the wolver bar
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 30, 2013, 04:55:13 PM »

Just standard poker player mentality, where I remember Evan's losers then Grin

Thought that Ace Master was there, but West Coast Dream blew the start...

Would have hurt a lot more if WCD had won, though!

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 01, 2013, 01:46:21 PM »

Breeders Cup.

Sure most of you will have spent your money following Horsey on TFT, but spent so much time on it might as well pen a few thoughts. Will start with tonight, and save tomorrows until the morning after a few reflections as draw bias may not be so damaging/track quicker or slower than thought etc. So Friday night

8.45 Mararthon.

looks a poor race and gets worse every year. Would love to see Jo Hughes win with London Bridge, but cant see it. Last year they went of like scalded cats and as the majority of US bred horses dont stay this far, it was carnage with a horse tailed off after a furlong winning easily in the end.

Blueskies will be up there and has a decent track record but never won this far, so may well set it up for a closer.

I like Pool Player, who has a touch of class having contested the Classic last year, and the biggest earner. Getting on a bit that didnt stop the 9 year old winner last year. Hope to see him plod on when others has given up, probably followed by Worldly who is consistent and has Top Beyer speed figure, but rarely wins.

Pool Player  small interest at 11-1 with WH ew

9.25 Juvenile Turf

Our raiders are 3-3 at Santa A and we have clear top 3 on Beyer figures and see no reason to look any further.

On strict form line Outstrip has a few lengths in hand of Giovanni Boldini, but Outstrip looks like a terrier whereas Gio looks more elegant. I think the later may still be improving and just give him the edge

Giovanni Boldini 7/2 generally

10.05 Dirt Mile

stand out horse here is Verrazano, who is the class act. Ticks all the trend boxes but drawn a little wide, and has been known to bottle the big days. Won 6-8 but blew the K Derby. i cant have a bet in the race and not at least save on Verrazano.

However clear lead horse looks to be Alpha, who has a couple of G1 wins to his name, and with so many horse that seem to sit just off the pace, I am hoping he can stack them up and cause a bit of traffic behind and scoot clear of the home turn, as he stays further than this.

Alpha win only 18-1 Coral/VC

Verrazanno 7-2 Coral/Lads

10.50 juveniles Fillies Turf

With Lasix banned, it should suit the Euro team again.

I have been very impressed with Al thakira in her two races to date, and being trained by Marco Botti who's US record is 3-6, it seems churlish to try and find something to beat her. Well drawn and with a decent Bayer figure, I am happy to have her on my side. Sure Fred has an interest in Vorda for the 1000G so will be looking for a big performance from her too, but i just prefer AT

An outsider that took my eye was Sky Painter of Godolphins, who after a maiden win showed a decent turn of foot to almost get up against the far more experienced Testa Rossi. The fast ground and slingshot factor round the final turn may negate her wide draw.

Al Thakira 6-1 General

Sky Painter 16-1 VC bet

11.35 Distaff

Looking forward to this with The Queen in attendance, Royal Delta. Winner , I think at last two BCs, I am hoping to get her beat.

Race looking like Beholder will lead with Royal Delta stalking. Princess of Sylmar make look out of it after a furlong but she has been getting better at the start with each race. I hope that Beholder will set a pace and with RD in the slipstream will go too early and burn them both out and leave the way for PoS to slide on by in the last 10 yards or so. Having beaten them both before I am surprised she can be backed at 3-1.

Princess of Sylmar 3-1 Laddies

GL all and if we get some half decent results I shall try again tomorrow!

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: