blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:08:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1016153 times)
a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: November 05, 2013, 03:03:59 PM »

Congrats horsey and with the melbourne cup pick!  I missed this one today and already had 2 in the melbourne cup, i'l be on the next winner though hopefully!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 05, 2013, 06:27:23 PM »

Watching RUK tonight where they have James Willoughby in the studio, and he is waaaay too smart for me!

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 05, 2013, 10:33:31 PM »

hopefully at least 16 remain in the 1.00 at Notts tommorow

Have backed two each way

Main bet on DANZOE at 20's good draw, back down to a fair mark, responded well to pressure last time here and  ground conditions fine for this old stalwart

Secondary bet on BREEZOLINI at 8's again good draw, ran well on debut for pears last time and conditions are ideal.

Pull the Pin is a rightful fav but will not get an easy lead tommorow and as such might be there for the taking late on
a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 06, 2013, 05:50:55 AM »

6:30 Kempton - Echua.  Not raced for over 1000 days, irish trainer brining just 1 to kempton?  Backed in from 20/1 to 8/1 on bet365, just an observation, but looks abit sneaky to me!  I do like Evans gambles though, especially when the yard hits some form, had 2 winners the other day, both under Adam Kirby who has a great strike rate for Evans so Cabuchon is interesting to me in this race too.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 06, 2013, 06:03:56 AM »

6:30 Kempton - Echua.  Not raced for over 1000 days, irish trainer brining just 1 to kempton?  Backed in from 20/1 to 8/1 on bet365, just an observation, but looks abit sneaky to me!  I do like Evans gambles though, especially when the yard hits some form, had 2 winners the other day, both under Adam Kirby who has a great strike rate for Evans so Cabuchon is interesting to me in this race too.

Kirby rode a 4 timer last night at Kempton, but I missed the only one I was going to back because my dog was throwing a wobbly at the fireworks!

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 06, 2013, 11:22:29 AM »

now clear fav the irish horse! wonder if it has been flapping in all the time its been away?

Got some nice value in the 1.00 hope one of them cops
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 06, 2013, 12:03:34 PM »

Watching RUK tonight where they have James Willoughby in the studio, and he is waaaay too smart for me!

Agreed Marky

Thought he came across well

Massive level of research time required on those sectionals
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 06, 2013, 01:16:28 PM »

crossbar for a small loss
a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 06, 2013, 02:12:27 PM »

Ridic gamble on Echua now
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 06, 2013, 03:59:42 PM »

Agreed Marky

Thought he came across well

Massive level of research time required on those sectionals

I think he's great to listen to, but a lot of it goes way over my head.

As you say, he must spend a lot of time researching all the sectional stuff, and he definitely loves the game!

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 06, 2013, 04:00:10 PM »

Wonder if they'll be invited to withdraw the horse.

a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 06, 2013, 04:10:54 PM »

What do you mean by that mate? invited meaning politely asked aka told to withdraw it? 
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 06, 2013, 04:12:55 PM »

What do you mean by that mate? invited meaning politely asked aka told to withdraw it? 

Happened last week somewhere, another Irish horse that had been sent over after not running for 2 years. Gambled from 33/1 down to single figures, so they BHA offered the trainer the option of withdrawing the horse, and then there was an investigation anyway.

a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 06, 2013, 04:23:35 PM »

Happened last week somewhere, another Irish horse that had been sent over after not running for 2 years. Gambled from 33/1 down to single figures, so they BHA offered the trainer the option of withdrawing the horse, and then there was an investigation anyway.

Ah i see.  If there is going to be an investigation regardless then if i was the trainer/owner i'd keep it in now the money was down.  After doing abit more research i came across this:

" this horse is having his first run for new connections. The Irish trainer Emmet Butterly has sent over 18 horses to British AW tracks and 6 have won, while the new owner Doland also owns Scary Movie who was sent over here to win twice at Kempton back in March. "
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 06, 2013, 05:53:03 PM »

Ah i see.  If there is going to be an investigation regardless then if i was the trainer/owner i'd keep it in now the money was down.  After doing abit more research i came across this:

" this horse is having his first run for new connections. The Irish trainer Emmet Butterly has sent over 18 horses to British AW tracks and 6 have won, while the new owner Doland also owns Scary Movie who was sent over here to win twice at Kempton back in March. "

I think I would be more inclined to withdraw than run, regardless. They told him they would investigate after the race, at which point he withdrew, and then they said they were going to investigate anyway.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: