blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:40:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1016165 times)
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #900 on: January 23, 2014, 06:11:27 PM »

Anyone know why William Carson no longer rides for Stuart Williams?

He is riding for "Ann Stokel" now that rakebackmypoker man has "moved" his horses there (ahem) as he has some kind of retainer for the owner

Also Stuart Williams has a fairly big new owner in Tom Morley who i speak to occasionally (still has horses with robert cowel moved a lot to Williams) just won a Kempton maiden

« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 06:25:31 PM by horseplayer » Logged
Rubbish2407

View Profile WWW
« Reply #901 on: January 23, 2014, 06:12:08 PM »

Isn't it true that Horses are run on Ground that isn't to their liking so that they trail in by 20 lengths to get favourable handicap marks? Therefore the Horses are trying but never stood a chance to start with?

"The Full Eso Kral": To back every possible outcome in an event and lose whatever happens.
Keith Hawkins 10/01/2014
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: January 23, 2014, 06:19:40 PM »

I've backed that Prohibition before, but unfortunately not today...

Nice shout omm, and wp doubleup's PC Cheesy

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 23, 2014, 07:00:00 PM »

Hugh Taylor tweeted the trainer of Prohibition has been fined because the horses vaccination records were incorrect.

She has only had the horse this week.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 23, 2014, 07:49:53 PM »

lol its actually just a bot I run that looks for value and by chance picked that after about 50 losers in a row

This one was based on the skill of laying what chompy really fancies

GB / Kemp 23rd Jan / 17:00 To Be Placed    Tijuca    Lay    33521031118    23-Jan-14
17:00         C    1.52    50.00         1.52    50.00

aftertiming   aftertiming

Ha! This is not the Betfair forum! Respect my authoritah, I'm among the top 100 pro-gamblers in St Neots today.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #905 on: January 23, 2014, 08:31:52 PM »

Hugh Taylor tweeted the trainer of Prohibition has been fined because the horses vaccination records were incorrect.

Something tells me she has never seen the horse before tonight

Well done on the bet Omm you are a genius second guessing the Butler crew!
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: January 23, 2014, 08:49:54 PM »

Something tells me she has never seen the horse before tonight

Well done on the bet Omm you are a genius second guessing the Butler crew!

Haha, sometimes it's better to be a lucky  than a genius, I'm probably more towards lucky than anything else.
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: January 24, 2014, 12:03:37 AM »

Curley is not taking money from bookmakers he's taking it from other punters.

All it will mean is it is even more difficult to get bets on (if that's possible) at early prices and accounts will be even more restricted.

Barney Curley is not a punters hero, he's a parasite.
The only parasites in this game are the on course bookies (tbh they are arbers) who give the liquidity to bf market. They all bet the live ones on there and lay em back. In 5 years you won't be moaning about not getting on, it will be industry prices. So it's bf or go to the meeting.

Fair play to BC that takes some planning. I mean honestly, imagine waking up Weds morning after planning that for a year?  He must of been loving that buzz. Camel, you gotta respect that surely as a punter?  He has basically said f the lot of you. Punters and firms.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: January 28, 2014, 11:12:15 AM »

I find the Annie Power situation and the quandary of which race to go for at the festival quite interesting, but I can't honestly see Ruby deserting The Fly in the CH.

Will this have a bearing on which race the mare goes for?

I'm leaning towards the World Hurdle for her especially after her run before last over 2M5 at Cheltenham when she powered up the hill and Ruby said afterwards that he didn't think that stamina would be a problem.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 28, 2014, 11:56:43 AM »

I find the Annie Power situation and the quandary of which race to go for at the festival quite interesting, but I can't honestly see Ruby deserting The Fly in the CH.

Will this have a bearing on which race the mare goes for?

I'm leaning towards the World Hurdle for her especially after her run before last over 2M5 at Cheltenham when she powered up the hill and Ruby said afterwards that he didn't think that stamina would be a problem.

I'd prefer he didn't, but that's my pocket talking Smiley

Doesn't the owner want the CH? If so, I guess it's on Mullins to persuade him otherwise...

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: January 28, 2014, 10:27:20 PM »

Examiner runs tomorrow at Kempton 8:20 @ 11/8, Chompey put this up in TFT last time it Won, seems like it done a good job then and is fancied tmrw, any value at 11/8? Will it go off nearer evens? Maybe Chompey/Adz/Horsey or suchlike could have a look and advise?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: January 28, 2014, 10:35:01 PM »

Examiner is up 5lb and the same price to beat a couple of those he took care of last time. I wouldn't put you off but haven't really looked at the race tbh.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: January 30, 2014, 09:04:19 AM »

Like the look of Steeler in the G2 race in Meydan later. Ran a real promising race last time, sure to be fitter and surprised is available.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: January 30, 2014, 10:16:51 AM »

Good luck Adz

Have been waiting for CATFLAP to try Southwell for a long time

Problem is this is a good race for the grade, related to First Post,Westwood and Putin all of whom have won and ran well here and is by a generally good fibresand sire. Is usually very keen to post and blasts away in front and tires late. If there is one track this may work it will be here, would have happily left it at 14-s but 22-s is available which seems worth the risk.

Even if not today hopefully shows enough to comeback here again soon for a weaker race.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: February 02, 2014, 01:53:25 PM »

Really taken by Seeyouatmidnight just now. Beat a 144 horse fair and square and really good attitude. Shame he's not entered at Cheltenham but Ima following this lad.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: