blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:43:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1018799 times)
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #975 on: March 29, 2014, 12:38:01 PM »

GB only - Ireland doesn't count either
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 29, 2014, 12:42:20 PM »

Very keen on Maureen in the 2.40 @ Donny.

Backed her several times last year where she travelled well in top flight races, and didnt quite see out the trip at Championship speed.

The drop in trip looks the sensible solution. She has won on her seasonal debut last two years and is probably the only horse here open to any significant improvement.

As it is she is best in at the weights/ratings and despite her being with Hannon, I suspect the only reason she isn't half these odds is because we have Keiron O Neil(Hughes in Dubai) on board.

Would be very surprised if this wasnt won by one of the top 4, so at 6-1 think a chunky ew bet in order.

£75 ew @6-1.GL

Over in Dubai, I'm having a good old sentimental afternoon, where I hope a couple of old favs can do the business at mahoosive odds.

Gabriel has the booking of Hughesy in the Group 2 Godolphin Mile 1.10. Looks a great booking, as he should be tailor made for this hold up horse, following a year of Spencer up top, trying to do what Hughesy does best. Interestingly Fahey is also in Dubai to supervise when he has a fistfull of big chances at Donny. Cant resist some firty free to one here .

My fav flat horse Mount Athos is also in action in the penultimate 5.17 Sheema Classic. Bit of a globetrotter who hasn't quite gone as far as I hoped missing out several times in top races, but a promising pipe opener in the Dubai City of Gold 3 weeks ago. It was run in a slow time which wouldnt have suited this thorough stayer. With "Frank" jocked off in favour of Fallon I am feeling optimistic. 20s available and may as well chucking in an ew double.

No stakes recommended as I know have have my Dame Edna glasses on as I write this.

The Bald One was giving enhanced odds about Jack Dexter in his shops this morning, so that helps
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 29, 2014, 12:47:57 PM »

GB only - Ireland doesn't count either

top man, thanks.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 29, 2014, 03:01:58 PM »

Ground looks very odd at Donny. Nothing coming from behind.

Maureen ran ok, but close enough based on the above, and distance between her and Jack D to give her another go.

Apols to those who followed.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 29, 2014, 03:40:29 PM »

Same again. Front rankers

Both front two in market Gabriels K and Off Art are front runners. May even do a little fc.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 29, 2014, 03:58:03 PM »

Both front two in market Gabriels K and Off Art are front runners. May even do a little fc.

I'm throwing a dart at Balty Boys and another at Sweet Lightning

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 29, 2014, 04:11:27 PM »

I'm throwing a dart at Balty Boys and another at Sweet Lightning

Almost got excited then!

Bleugh

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 29, 2014, 04:15:59 PM »

Front runner again. In front rank throughtout. Finishers bombing today.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 29, 2014, 04:18:19 PM »

Would have had Tullius nailed on from 2 out, but just seemed to stay on at the one pace.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 30, 2014, 09:37:42 AM »

In the Dubai World Cup Meeting, I noticed that the Racecard Numbers & Draw numbers were the same.

Is this standard in those parts?

Presumably, they don't allocate race card numbers until the draw is done?

Quite like to see that over here.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 30, 2014, 09:39:36 AM »

I thought the Dubai World Cup TV coverage (a distributed feed, which SS & others took) was spectacularly good, especially the graphics & timing. And that Meydan RaceCourse, sheesh, how good is that?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 30, 2014, 09:44:49 AM »

In the Dubai World Cup Meeting, I noticed that the Racecard Numbers & Draw numbers were the same.

Is this standard in those parts?

Presumably, they don't allocate race card numbers until the draw is done?

Quite like to see that over here.

They do that in the USA as well - draw obv done first.  In the USA handicaps are relatively rare and they don't seem to pay much attention to weight carried  so maybe that's why they don't number the horses in weight order.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 31, 2014, 03:05:10 PM »

Un de Sceaux racing in France at the weekend

Isn't racing strange over there, very different hurdles, and it's just completely silent until the end.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 03:08:39 PM by Marky147 » Logged

Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #988 on: April 01, 2014, 03:36:18 PM »

Aintree starts on Thursday and www.stakesandladders.com have Classic and Fantasy Pools for the whole Festival, Daily Pools and Big Race pools each day and a Grand National pool. We've also put up some hefty guarantees, so there is a very good chance of some tasty overlays.

If you haven't entered any racing pools yet then please give them a go over Aintree. It's a different way of punting on racing and it gives a great sweat, especially towards the last couple of races.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 04, 2014, 07:45:27 AM »

Up far too early so thought I would chuck the horses up I will be following today, for those that are interested. Won't be doing this 4/5 horses a race stuff. It  may prove the safe way but its a bloody long way back if you miss winning or placing in a few races, but you do need a couple or so arrows at the big meets.

2.00  Baltimore Rock generally starting to realise potential now tactics changed)(just/ Irish Cavalier ew 25 Sid j(too big a price to ignore)

2.30. Many Clouds 13/2(do I need to explain?) small save Just a Par 20s( ran better at Chelts than form suggests)

3.05 Module (solid form choice)/Pepite Rose 14s PP/Sid ew(improver that acts best right handed, and not too badly in at weights)

3.40 Love Double Ross, and may chuck a few beans at it, but long season(some thrive on it, but puts me off a tad). Big Fella a standing dish and had some 33s a couple of weeks ago, but 14s still a decent ew price. Ma Filleule getting the hang of jumping and nice saver at 14s.

4.15. I worry about the drying ground for the fav, but hope form forum friends he does well, but short at sub for me. I like Beat That 7-1 who smashed Champagne West, a good yardstick. Probably needs to be fresh and sure will be here. Racing Pulse on has a couple of lengths to find with the fav on better ground, seems like a sensible ew alternative 11-1

4.50 If you knew how much they think of Cheltanian, you would go massive win only single bet. He wont owe me a thing if he loses every day til Xmas, so I have to go in again. Was 16s but 12s now. Saving on Caid du Berlais, who looks to have a big race in him . Its all about the Chelts tho here.

5.25 The Govaness, won a strong heat at Chelts and has some decent stuff in behind, been put away for this and working well. Oleohenah is rated not far behind the best here and ran better on better ground, looks too big at 28s with Sid for an ew save. GL

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: