blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:10:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1020272 times)
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: August 07, 2014, 05:14:47 AM »

Go on Barney Mcgrew at 18/1 at 19:45 newcastle
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: August 07, 2014, 10:57:52 AM »

4.10 Haydock   Go Go Green 20/1 e/w   C&D winner, OK on ground, modest recent form but not beaten out of sight. Stable 2nd string on jockey bookings, though 3lb claimer Joey Haynes has won or placed on half his rides in last week, so doubt he can hurt his chances too much. Draw not ideal, suggest keep stakes small.

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: August 07, 2014, 12:10:53 PM »

Been waiting for a slight ease in the ground for Black Douglas, who keeps finishing his races well, but just lacks that extra kick when the ground is firm.

On a C&D where he has won before I am hoping tonite is the nite.

I know its a terrible ew race, but if he came 2nd/or 3rd and I lost out, I would be a tad annoyed. Betty have 4 places so I shall ask for decent terms there.

1pt ew further 1 pt win @14s VC/Lads/Billy

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: August 07, 2014, 12:50:35 PM »

Money now for Hidden Asset looks like going of around 4's 5 imo

The other race is completely up in the air as it is the last leg of the barney 4 timer

Not laying the fav in that now easier to leave him well alone
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: August 07, 2014, 08:18:24 PM »

Another NR.

Tomorrow, I was looking to back Noverre to Go next time it ran at Brighton in the form its in. Tomorrow he does.

Bonus, I notice he won the same race last year over a pound higher mark.

At I shall have 2pts ew

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: August 07, 2014, 08:50:02 PM »

one of the stranger heats you will ever see anywhere that. Fallon gives up 5 out then realises his horse has woken up 2 out and nearly wins.

The slowest closing sectionals at Southwell of any race since 2012 as well which made it look worse.

Appleby had two winners already so hopefully the one in the last can win
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: August 07, 2014, 09:14:41 PM »

Appleby has four runners two win the two i back dont, must have read my post Smiley

No excuses there not good enough
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: August 07, 2014, 11:33:39 PM »

Another NR.

Tomorrow, I was looking to back Noverre to Go next time it ran at Brighton in the form its in. Tomorrow he does.

Bonus, I notice he won the same race last year over a pound higher mark.

At I shall have 2pts ew

Noverre punted in as low as 7/2 this evening.

There is some 16-1 with VC for Fieldgunner Kirkup tomorrow. I think his time is near, but he has a terrible record at Muss, so min ew stakes, but can't see him being that

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: August 08, 2014, 11:39:16 AM »

Noverre now best 7/2, as low as 11/4. Fingers crossed.

Fieldgunner. Shock, a NR!

claypole

View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: August 08, 2014, 11:43:46 AM »

Adz, Horsey and various other racing heroes.....

Me and Kev Allen ave organised a group of us going to Ascot tommorow, for a post Vegas get together and to celebrate Corkys ME finish. Most of the boys like a bet and I am loathed to see them bet based on their aunties name for big numbers.  Obviously it's the Shergar Cup, which means plenty of exposed horses, form in the book and unusual jockey bookings.  I'll obviously ask about our contacts however if any if you shrewdies have any fancies post them here. Thanks in advance.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: August 08, 2014, 11:48:39 AM »

Adz, Horsey and various other racing heroes.....

Me and Kev Allen ave organised a group of us going to Ascot tommorow, for a post Vegas get together and to celebrate Corkys ME finish. Most of the boys like a bet and I am loathed to see them bet based on their aunties name for big numbers.  Obviously it's the Shergar Cup, which means plenty of exposed horses, form in the book and unusual jockey bookings.  I'll obviously ask about our contacts however if any if you shrewdies have any fancies post them here. Thanks in advance.

Love The Shergar.

Working on it as we speak.

claypole

View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: August 08, 2014, 11:50:33 AM »

Legend...appreciate any insights if you don't mind mate after you've been through card
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: August 08, 2014, 12:20:55 PM »

First thought look very un punter friendly races, dont usually look at it tbh but 10-13 runner handicaps with about 5lbs separating the fields seems to be the norm!

All i will add is that Emma Jayne Wilson is a very good rider from Canada been around a long time and won some big races if she is underestimated then could be worth backing on a few rides.

gd lk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: August 08, 2014, 12:49:28 PM »

Can anyone give me a brief resume of Barney's antics yesterday? I heard there was some mischief.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: August 08, 2014, 12:56:40 PM »

Can anyone give me a brief resume of Barney's antics yesterday? I heard there was some mischief.

There were 5 entries yesterday

Two for Johnny Murtagh (yes that one former top jockey) One of his was ex Barney Curley one wasnt

Two for Des Donovan (been involved in Barneys last punt, one was first time out maiden one was exposed maiden handicapper both ran poorly after drifting late on both occasions)

One for John Butler (formerly Barneys assistant rather shrewd, the man who once said on ATR when asked do you think anyone will claim your horse replied with "I wouldnt if i was them) Again drifted late after being "backed" early on and ran nowhere.

Barney sorry Murtaghs two at Southwell both should have won, the first one which was a Group 2 winner in germany way back when just won after the jockey on the second must have been the only one in the race who didnt get the email (great ride) was 28 lengths back to the third.

The second one was one of the strangest heats you will ever see, Fallon outpaced early gives up 5 furlongs out briefly niggles away and seemingly flies home to be beat half a length. The times suggested the track was so slow last night it was a bit of an illusion.

The in running comments for Fallon are below

"2nd (7)   ½   2 Bwindi (IRE)   J P Murtagh   3   9-6   K Fallon   8/13f
Towards rear, some headway under pressure over 5f out, ridden 4f out (rider briefly stopped riding), plenty to do over 1f out, driven and ran on final furlong, not reach winner opened 4/6"
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 12:58:33 PM by horseplayer » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: