blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:22:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1016173 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: August 08, 2014, 01:00:06 PM »

Can anyone give me a brief resume of Barney's antics yesterday? I heard there was some mischief.

There were 5 entries yesterday

Two for Johnny Murtagh (yes that one former top jockey) One of his was ex Barney Curley one wasnt

Two for Des Donovan (been involved in Barneys last punt, one was first time out maiden one was exposed maiden handicapper both ran poorly after drifting late on both occasions)

One for John Butler (formerly Barneys assistant rather shrewd, the man who once said on ATR when asked do you think anyone will claim your horse replied with "I wouldnt if i was them) Again drifted late after being "backed" early on and ran nowhere.

Barney sorry Murtaghs two at Southwell both should have won, the first one which was a Group 2 winner in germany way back when just won after the jockey on the second must have been the only one in the race who didnt get the email (great ride) was 28 lengths back to the third.

The second one was one of the strangest heats you will ever see, Fallon outpaced early gives up 5 furlongs out briefly niggles away and seemingly flies home to be beat half a length. The times suggested the track was so slow last night it was a bit of an illusion.

Thanks John.

I heard the losers, who were very short in the morning, all drifted hugely, too. Just a coincidence, obv.

How does he get away with it? Does he have dirt on The Jockey Club or summat?

Quite enjoy listening to him ranting, but he's a proper wrong 'un.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: August 08, 2014, 01:05:37 PM »

Can anyone give me a brief resume of Barney's antics yesterday? I heard there was some mischief.

There were 5 entries yesterday

Two for Johnny Murtagh (yes that one former top jockey) One of his was ex Barney Curley one wasnt

Two for Des Donovan (been involved in Barneys last punt, one was first time out maiden one was exposed maiden handicapper both ran poorly after drifting late on both occasions)

One for John Butler (formerly Barneys assistant rather shrewd, the man who once said on ATR when asked do you think anyone will claim your horse replied with "I wouldnt if i was them) Again drifted late after being "backed" early on and ran nowhere.

Barney sorry Murtaghs two at Southwell both should have won, the first one which was a Group 2 winner in germany way back when just won after the jockey on the second must have been the only one in the race who didnt get the email (great ride) was 28 lengths back to the third.

The second one was one of the strangest heats you will ever see, Fallon outpaced early gives up 5 furlongs out briefly niggles away and seemingly flies home to be beat half a length. The times suggested the track was so slow last night it was a bit of an illusion.

Thanks John.

I heard the losers, who were very short in the morning, all drifted hugely, too. Just a coincidence, obv.

How does he get away with it? Does he have dirt on The Jockey Club or summat?

Quite enjoy listening to him ranting, but he's a proper wrong 'un.

Impossible to tell really, they were short enough in the morning but did anybody really back them? Certainly the way they drifted suggests Barney wasnt involved at all.

I suspect the two at Southwell were the only ones that were meant for yesterday with the others possible a smokescreen or just nothing to do with Barney (for now).

« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 01:13:25 PM by horseplayer » Logged
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: August 08, 2014, 02:00:52 PM »

3.30 Muss   Backed Just Paul win 5-1 and Al Khan e/w 14-1 - just to cement my ice cream status I've also done these in a rev f/cast. Will be interested to see how this race pans out, I'm hoping that with plenty of potential front runners there's scope for Just Paul to reel them back if they've gone too fast.

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: August 08, 2014, 02:15:24 PM »

Shergar Cup

Will put up some horses later, but very keen on Craig Williams as Top Jockey. Got some good solid rides, that all look capable of winning, but equally all look like decent point scorers.

He is 8-1 with Hills who on Oddschecker says ew-1,2,3, which was going to be a decent ew bet, but the site says win only.

He is 4-1 in 2 other places.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: August 08, 2014, 02:23:45 PM »

Ladbrokes exchange are doing a £25 free bet thingy

If you haven't used their exchange before place upto £25 bet on any exchange market and if it loses get a £25 free bet with a week expiry

well worth doing if you can
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: August 08, 2014, 02:46:06 PM »

Two pretty weak picks..

Mystical Maze  Brighton 15:10  Betdaq  12-1 win. Race looked very weak and a small gamble based on possibility of fav not liking course (in a race I should have just passed on)

Alex My Boy Musselburgh 16:00  Betdaq 13/10  Form in book and 2nd fav not certain to want trip on breeding? Couldn't see much elso to oppose with

simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: August 08, 2014, 02:48:14 PM »

Ladbrokes exchange are doing a £25 free bet thingy

If you haven't used their exchange before place upto £25 bet on any exchange market and if it loses get a £25 free bet with a week expiry

well worth doing if you can
Good offer, I found it strange that exch comm is 5% versus 3% Betdaq as this is a Betdaq "skin" if I understood right?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: August 08, 2014, 02:56:28 PM »

Shergar Cup

Will put up some horses later, but very keen on Craig Williams as Top Jockey. Got some good solid rides, that all look capable of winning, but equally all look like decent point scorers.

He is 8-1 with Hills who on Oddschecker says ew-1,2,3, which was going to be a decent ew bet, but the site says win only.

Will Hayler was getting stuck into him last night Cheesy

'Before we get our money on you for the silver saddle, we need to know you're going to be pushing out for 4th, 5th, and 6th. None of this easing off'

simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: August 08, 2014, 03:42:53 PM »

Mystical Maze  Brighton 15:10  Betdaq  12-1 win. Race looked very weak and a small gamble based on possibility of fav not liking course (in a race I should have just passed on)

Plumb last, only thing I got right was to oppose fav.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: August 08, 2014, 03:54:35 PM »

Shergar Cup

'Before we get our money on you for the silver saddle, we need to know you're going to be pushing out for 4th, 5th, and 6th. None of this easing off'

Was that a podcast or on TV mate?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: August 08, 2014, 03:59:31 PM »

Shergar Cup

Was that a podcast or on TV mate?

Podcast for Shergar Cup. Just checked and it's still up on SL now mate.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: August 08, 2014, 04:01:02 PM »

Cheers will have a listen.

simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: August 08, 2014, 04:33:49 PM »

Two pretty weak picks..

Alex My Boy Musselburgh 16:00  Betdaq 13/10  Form in book and 2nd fav not certain to want trip on breeding? Couldn't see much elso to oppose with

at last !, had forgotten what it was like to have a winner..

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: August 08, 2014, 04:38:58 PM »

Two pretty weak picks..

at last !, had forgotten what it was like to have a winner..

Lol, behave!

Will reply to your PM soonest, bit busy Next Door at mo.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: August 08, 2014, 04:48:49 PM »

3.30 Muss   Backed Just Paul win 5-1 and Al Khan e/w 14-1 - just to cement my ice cream status I've also done these in a rev f/cast. Will be interested to see how this race pans out, I'm hoping that with plenty of potential front runners there's scope for Just Paul to reel them back if they've gone too fast.

Don't feel too bad about that having just watched the race, Just Paul beaten a length or so in 4th and the race was set up for the hold up horses.

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: