blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:35:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1020796 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #3135 on: February 10, 2015, 02:03:08 AM »

my dad took me to my first festival back in the year 2000. we'd travelled up 7am on the train and we'd had a bet on edredon bleu in the queen mother chase...

http://youtu.be/eJHDivrhtRE

i don't know how he did it, but he did. i re-watch this race about this time of year, every year, and it still gives me goosebumps. the sport will miss mccoy in the saddle and so will i.

I had forgotten that ride, it's just superb.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: February 10, 2015, 08:12:44 AM »

my dad took me to my first festival back in the year 2000. we'd travelled up 7am on the train and we'd had a bet on edredon bleu in the queen mother chase...

i don't know how he did it, but he did. i re-watch this race about this time of year, every year, and it still gives me goosebumps. the sport will miss mccoy in the saddle and so will i.

Just watched that - even knowing the result, hard to believe he was going to win as they ran up the hill after the last & he was headed 100 yards from the line.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: February 10, 2015, 12:20:42 PM »

Had seen the Wichita Lineman, which was amazing, too.

Just watched that - even knowing the result, hard to believe he was going to win as they ran up the hill after the last & he was headed 100 yards from the line.

Had to watch it again to make sure they hadn't gotten it wrong Grin

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: February 10, 2015, 12:48:51 PM »

I reckon the 1.01 thieves would have taken a right pasting that day.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: February 10, 2015, 04:48:50 PM »

I reckon the 1.01 thieves would have taken a right pasting that day.

Can't beat a bit of 1.01 carnage  Cheesy

treefella

View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: February 11, 2015, 11:18:33 AM »

No Jockey has come close to him imo for determination and the will to win. Many a time he has got up to win when looking to be well beaten a few furlongs from the winning line whereby most jockeys just throw the towel in or save the horse for another day.
Some would say that he's not the horseman like Ruby Walsh or the great Jonn Francome. I certainly remember in his early riding years  the negative comments McCoy would get from the media for giving horses a hard time in a finish.
Paul Nicholls was devastated when he lost McCoy as stable jockey to Martin Pipe , clearly the correct decision for his riding career and an opportunity he just could not pass up, but i know Nicholls still harbours a grudge to Pipe senior to this day.

I for one will be sad to see him hang his boots up as he is still at the top of his game, but i wish him well in the future and thank you Mr McCoy for Eredon Bleu !
Actonbeech3

View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: February 11, 2015, 03:19:06 PM »

Not a horse as such, but had a little word that QPR's new full time manager will be Paul Clement come the end of the season. Fernandes Tweets set the speculation off yesterday, and a friend of mine, a former Journo at the BBC and a lifelong QPR season ticketholder, who now has his own sports publication and is normally very astute, is under the impression that Rangers are very close to agreeing for life long QPR fan Clement to be given his first post in British Football once a deal has been arranged with Real Madrid. The 10/1 was snapped up earlier, But 6/1 still widely available. Well worth a dabble in my opinion, but you all know how these managerial merry go rounds work.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: February 11, 2015, 06:51:56 PM »

Not a horse as such, but had a little word that QPR's new full time manager will be Paul Clement come the end of the season. Fernandes Tweets set the speculation off yesterday, and a friend of mine, a former Journo at the BBC and a lifelong QPR season ticketholder, who now has his own sports publication and is normally very astute, is under the impression that Rangers are very close to agreeing for life long QPR fan Clement to be given his first post in British Football once a deal has been arranged with Real Madrid. The 10/1 was snapped up earlier, But 6/1 still widely available. Well worth a dabble in my opinion, but you all know how these managerial merry go rounds work.

Dodgy to get involved, in case it is 'end of the season'...

Anyway, I think you wanted this thread, Freddie.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=61505.0

Wink

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: February 11, 2015, 06:55:43 PM »

World Hurdle even more open than it was, with MoT out.

exstream

View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: February 11, 2015, 09:20:04 PM »

Why won't Annie power go for world hurdle again?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: February 11, 2015, 09:23:37 PM »

Why won't Annie power go for world hurdle again?

On the way back from an injury, but should win the mares without being 100% racefit.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: February 11, 2015, 09:39:08 PM »

I'd imagine they're tempted, because Mullins has several other good mares.

Just not sure they'd want to throw the horse in at the deep end after such a long absence.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: February 12, 2015, 04:53:26 PM »

Hope you didn't do too much, mate :/

Well, unless you are on with Boyles, who won't settle on Ramsey.

exstream

View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: February 14, 2015, 07:11:54 AM »

I don't know anything about horses, I like horse racing, I like Bobs worth.
Bobs worth crushes at Cheltenham, Conti has never won at Cheltenham.
Why the big difference in prices?
They both fucked around at the end of the race last year.
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: February 14, 2015, 08:52:23 AM »

I don't know anything about horses, I like horse racing, I like Bobs worth.
Bobs worth crushes at Cheltenham, Conti has never won at Cheltenham.
Why the big difference in prices?
They both fucked around at the end of the race last year.

Was reading this last night and should make interesting reading if you're contemplating backing: http://www.oddschecker.com/cheltenham-festival/tips/2015/old-boys-club
Obv stats speak against for win purposes and seems plausible that "Old favourites" get overbet

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: