blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:46:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1019485 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3240 on: March 28, 2015, 03:54:53 PM »

Tanya, no one is daft enough to bet on the scoop 6 today, surely?!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: March 28, 2015, 04:31:57 PM »

Never ceases to amaze me how Nevo keeps the gig on RUK.

Timeform bloke and Willow both in suits, Nevo in an old sweat like he is popping down the corner shop for a pint o milk.

Been all over Mange All for weeks now, but as ever, cometh the day and confidence ebbs away, so have saved on old pal Gabriel.

Over where the proper racing takes place, Master Dan looks a mighty fine price at 40-1 in the 3.35 at Stratford. Just hope they aren't out for a Saturday 3rd run stroll to get him handicapped.

Dan defo one to note for handicaps.

Gabriel saves the day. Wink

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: March 28, 2015, 04:32:25 PM »

Well done me and Adz
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: March 28, 2015, 04:39:39 PM »

Well done lads!

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: March 28, 2015, 05:33:29 PM »

V late but DWC is a good e/w race

African Story and Hokko taurame for me

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: March 28, 2015, 05:39:22 PM »

V late but DWC is a good e/w race

African Story and Hokko taurame for me

Both went too fast there?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: March 28, 2015, 05:46:49 PM »

Somewhat unimpressed by the ride given to California Chrome there.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: March 28, 2015, 05:49:57 PM »

Somewhat unimpressed by the ride given to California Chrome there.

Our boys certainly stronger in the saddle than the fellas that ply their trade in the states.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: March 28, 2015, 06:15:27 PM »

Let's hope Prince Bishop - UK all-weather horse of the year 2014 -  remains the winner after he's undergone the wholly independent drug test. Tongue

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 06:19:17 PM by Tonibell » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: March 28, 2015, 07:31:32 PM »

Let's hope Prince Bishop - UK all-weather horse of the year 2014 -  remains the winner after he's undergone the wholly independent drug test. Tongue

Ha, got that book this week.  Should have read it Sad

I don't know why the race would be suspicious.  The ones at the front all looked to go too quick and 125 seems good enough to win it if that happens.  I know I was pretty worried that my bet was already dead after they had done 2 furlongs.

And presumably California Chrome only did as well as he did through his class getting him to the end?  I'd have wanted him pushed less hard rather than harder in the circumstances.

Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: March 28, 2015, 08:14:33 PM »

Chrome clearly had a terrible ride, going off too fast and too wide. Were there four horses vying for the lead early? But PB went even wider.

Just feel that if a September Stakes winner is good enough to burn past them like that after being lengths off the back and covered in kickback then the race is either bent or complete shit. Wink (Didn't have a bet in the race - given my opinion of Dubai, probably for the best).
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: March 28, 2015, 08:30:35 PM »

Going to chance Safari Journey in the 4.30 Uttoxeter tomorrow 1 pt @ 7/2 with Choral. Won last time out and the third that day, Have You Had Yours beaten 6 3/4l went on to win at Newcastle today.

Apologies in the unlikely event anyone followed me in, obv the market soon told you all you needed to know.

Was a pretty poor day for me personally with old fav's Brown Panther and Sole Power unaccountably going unbacked and  Flintshire, The Grey Gatsby and Astaire finishing 2nd - at least they were backed with WH money back 2nd.

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: March 29, 2015, 12:27:37 AM »

Chrome clearly had a terrible ride, going off too fast and too wide. Were there four horses vying for the lead early? But PB went even wider.

Just feel that if a September Stakes winner is good enough to burn past them like that after being lengths off the back and covered in kickback then the race is either bent or complete shit. Wink (Didn't have a bet in the race - given my opinion of Dubai, probably for the best).

If you were going to fix a race, there can't be many worse ones to attempt it.  Prize money huge, travel distances huge, and hard to get a bet on.  Would be a hell of a bribe to make you throw that race. 

I don't think it was a shit race either, just a combination of early in the season, jockeys losing their heads when millions at stake and a bad surface creating a weird result.

Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: March 29, 2015, 10:23:02 AM »

I didn't mean the others were fixed just that PB seemed to have made a very large improvement and no UAE horses has ever failed a drug test at home. Your description of the race is more than fair - certainly fairer than mine. Wink
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: March 29, 2015, 11:40:00 AM »

Drugs was an issue but the issue was americans werent allowed it. CC hasnt been itself since losing the triple crown attempt anyway. The pace was obviously all wrong, shown by african story's run compared to prince bishop. sub 50s for 800m on a course running slow was stupid. Thought the whole meeting was rather spoiled by pace issues, froggies were gifted races. Amazing place though, especially the quality of the turf course.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: