blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:38:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 390 391 [392] 393 394 395 396 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1016235 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #5865 on: March 01, 2021, 09:56:31 AM »

Have betfair dropped him yet as an sponsor?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: March 01, 2021, 10:00:39 AM »

I'd be extremely surprised if they don't.

I also think the Horse Racing authorities will take a very dim view of it, though I'm not aware of what sanctions or penalties they have in their armoury for cases like this.

The whole thing is almost a Gerald Ratner moment.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: March 01, 2021, 10:03:29 AM »

Seems they have, yes;

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14194735/gordon-elliott-axed-betfair-photo-horse/

A Betfair spokesperson commented: "While we recognise that Gordon Elliott deeply regrets and apologised unreservedly for his poor judgement, his actions are completely at odds with the values of the Betfair brand and that of our employees.

"With that in mind, we have decided to discontinue our association with Gordon with immediate effect."

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: March 01, 2021, 12:19:18 PM »

It is causing carnage in the antepost markets.   Just looked at the  Marsh Novices (Envoi Allen race) and a lot of halved in price.   Was right looking forward to Cheltenham.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: March 01, 2021, 12:26:57 PM »

It is causing carnage in the antepost markets.   Just looked at the  Marsh Novices (Envoi Allen race) and a lot of halved in price.   Was right looking forward to Cheltenham.

Why? The threat he may face some sort of ban & so his horses won't be at Cheltenham?

Would not be surprised if Envoi Allen, trained by Elliott, is removed from the yard, as it's owned by Cheveley Park Stud I believe.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: March 01, 2021, 12:53:50 PM »

O'Leary, ever the reasoned gentleman, is standing by Elliott.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/we-all-want-mistakes-leading-owners-gigginstown-stand-by-gordon-elliott/475729

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: March 01, 2021, 01:31:39 PM »

Why? The threat he may face some sort of ban & so his horses won't be at Cheltenham?

Would not be surprised if Envoi Allen, trained by Elliott, is removed from the yard, as it's owned by Cheveley Park Stud I believe.

If it was some random trainer with 15 winners a season and the photo appeared in summer you'd expect a short term ban, at the least.  So that should be what happens here?

I don't think it will, but if you are on a 12/1 chance in the Marsh, your horse should be 6/1 if the ban happens. 

Take Energumene as an example.  It is going for the Arkle, but you could get 6/1 NRNB for the Marsh.  Only way that happens is if Envoi Allen doesn't show.  It is now 5/2. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: March 01, 2021, 01:33:54 PM »

If it was some random trainer with 15 winners a season and the photo appeared in summer you'd expect a short term ban, at the least.  So that should be what happens here?

I don't think it will, but if you are on a 12/1 chance in the Marsh, your horse should be 6/1 if the ban happens. 

Take Energumene as an example.  It is going for the Arkle, but you could get 6/1 NRNB for the Marsh.  Only way that happens is if Envoi Allen doesn't show.  It is now 5/2. 

A ban on his horses would be awfully harsh on the Owners.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: March 01, 2021, 02:10:37 PM »

Whacking great fine, and some work with a hore racing charity, I'd imagine.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: March 01, 2021, 07:45:04 PM »

"The British Horseracing Authority (BHA) will not allow the Irish trainer Gordon Elliott to race horses in Britain whilst the Irish authorities investigate an image that appeared on social media over the weekend.

"The trainer admitted the photo was genuine and apologised for his actions.

"The BHA, which regulates racing in Britain, will use powers under its own rules to refuse to allow horses trained by Mr Elliott to race in Britain pending consideration of the outcome of the Irish investigation.

"The action taken by the BHA recognises that Mr Elliott is licensed in Ireland, whose regulatory body, the IHRB, is carrying out its own investigation.

"However, Mr Elliott has entered horses to race in Britain, from which point the British Rules of Racing apply to him.

"The decision to refuse to allow horses trained by Mr Elliott to run in Britain is therefore an interim decision which the BHA regards as proportionate in these circumstances."

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: March 01, 2021, 07:51:55 PM »

Imagine they'll either have the investigation tied up this week, or transfer all horses to assistant before the festival, as I imagine they can run then?

I know Joseph had trained Ivanovitch Gorbatov, but due to age/time it was under Aidan's name.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: March 01, 2021, 07:57:29 PM »

Yes, I think the decision will come quickly, & the horses will still run but for a different trainer, either at Elliott's yard or elsewhere.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: March 01, 2021, 08:26:46 PM »

Yes, I think the decision will come quickly, & the horses will still run but for a different trainer, either at Elliott's yard or elsewhere.

Four of the 5 most popular horse racing bets listed on oddschecker are in the Marsh against Envoi Allen.

If the Irish don't move quickly they might not be able to move?  And even if they can move, will O'Leary stick with his man (he had that big falling out with Mullins?).  Presumably shifting a load of horses a week before Cheltenham isn't the best prep and won't the best yards be at near capacity? 

It any horse was going to move first it would be Envoi Allen, but can't see how the majority get shifted at short notice.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5878 on: March 01, 2021, 08:35:50 PM »

Far be it from me to leap to the defence of this bloke, but people do need to get a grip. ( IMO of course)

He hasn't committed some heinous crime, he's been a bit silly several years ago.

Let he who is without sin and all that.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: March 02, 2021, 08:50:05 AM »

Far be it from me to leap to the defence of this bloke, but people do need to get a grip. ( IMO of course)

He hasn't committed some heinous crime, he's been a bit silly several years ago.

Let he who is without sin and all that.

He cannot go unpunished Tom. He's a senior trainer & that's completely inappropriate behaviour.

Asked about it over the weekend at Punchestown he denied it had ever happened. By Monday the story had changed to this;

"I was standing over the horse waiting to help with the removal of the body, in the course of which, to my memory I received a call and, without thinking, I sat down to take it. Hearing a shout from one of my team, I gestured to wait until I was finished."

Nobody was ever going to buy that bollox.

It was only around 18 months ago, it's not like it was 10 years back.

We need to keep a sense of perspective, yes, & I'm all for live & let live, but he deserves to be fined or have a short training ban. (IMO of course).

Pages: 1 ... 388 389 390 391 [392] 393 394 395 396 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: