blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:49:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 397 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1016077 times)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #5880 on: March 02, 2021, 08:54:44 AM »

If that story is bollox what do we actually think happened?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: March 02, 2021, 08:58:16 AM »

Apart from what Tony has said, his incredibly tasteless & callous indiscretion has handed the anti-racers a very strong argument for their case on a plate. How can racing say “we only have the animals’ best interests at heart” with a straight face when there’s images like this?

Elliot must know exactly who took this picture - and it must be one very disgruntled ex-employee...
TiredEyes

View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: March 02, 2021, 08:59:58 AM »

That is pretty shocking !

There's also a level of stupidity in thinking it was ok to photograph and post the incident on social media too, especially from someone who is supposed to be an animal lover, I mean I'm also an animal lover (I think they're delicious) but even I wouldn't have a posed for a photo with a dead animal.

The sleeper must awaken
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: March 02, 2021, 09:01:56 AM »

Apart from what Tony has said, his incredibly tasteless & callous indiscretion has handed the anti-racers a very strong argument for their case on a plate. How can racing say “we only have the animals’ best interests at heart” with a straight face when there’s images like this?

Elliot must know exactly who took this picture - and it must be one very disgruntled ex-employee...

The horse is dead, it longer has any interests?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: March 02, 2021, 09:02:51 AM »

If that story is bollox what do we actually think happened?

No idea, but I'm struggling to buy

"...I received a call and, without thinking, I sat down to take it..."

As in, "I received a call and, without thinking, I sat down on a dead horse to take it".

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: March 02, 2021, 09:04:33 AM »

Well this is where it gets murky - rumour is it was a scorned ex-lady friend.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: March 02, 2021, 09:14:16 AM »

Well this is where it gets murky - rumour is it was a scorned ex-lady friend.

That actually makes more sense
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5887 on: March 02, 2021, 09:15:25 AM »

His explanation is obviously bollocks and I agree that it shouldn't go totally unpunished but we seem to live in a world where the slightest lapse in judgement can end someone's career and everyone seems fine with it.

It's the hypocrisy that gets me. Have a look at the MP's expenses scandal for instance. Were any of them ever banned from working?

Full disclosure. I've sat on a dead horse, and I once chased my brother with a calf's tail that came off in my hand while we were helping to move the corpse. That doesn't make me a bad person.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: March 02, 2021, 09:23:58 AM »

His explanation is obviously bollocks and I agree that it shouldn't go totally unpunished but we seem to live in a world where the slightest lapse in judgement can end someone's career and everyone seems fine with it.

It's the hypocrisy that gets me. Have a look at the MP's expenses scandal for instance. Were any of them ever banned from working?

Full disclosure. I've sat on a dead horse, and I once chased my brother with a calf's tail that came off in my hand while we were helping to move the corpse. That doesn't make me a bad person.

You are not one of the leading NH racehorse trainers though Tom.

Imagine if the horse had died during a race, & whilst awaiting the knacker van the jockey casually sat on the prostrate horse. There'd be uproar.

MP's expenses scandal, were any banned from working? Well a single search on google revealed at least 5 who were sent to Prison, & so effectively banned from working.

https://www.channel4.com/news/out-of-order-politicians-who-ended-up-behind-bars

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: March 02, 2021, 09:26:06 AM »

We agree there. It was bullshit, & he should get punished. I certainly have not suggested he should be banned full time. A fine, a 3 month or whatever ban, job done.

It's definitely a Gerald Ratner moment for him though.   

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: March 02, 2021, 09:30:04 AM »

Got what he had coming imo. Plenty more where this came from. His missus (allegedly) released the photo after catching him giving a stablegirl one.

https://twitter.com/d_gilly6/status/1366321644629860355

Then there's this.

https://twitter.com/rantz_i/status/1366625007401652225?s=24
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 09:35:14 AM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5891 on: March 02, 2021, 09:44:56 AM »

OK. Fuck him then.

Next....

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5892 on: March 02, 2021, 09:46:55 AM »

OK. Fuck him then.

Next....

I wish I had added "and the horse he rode in on" but it's too late now.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: March 02, 2021, 09:52:11 AM »

OK. Fuck him then.

Next....

I wish I had added "and the horse he rode in on" but it's too late now.

Now that would have won the internet.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: March 02, 2021, 10:29:07 AM »

Doesn't take them long does it!

Pages: 1 ... 389 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 397 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: