blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:38:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Cambridgealex WSOP Main Event ** 5-12% now freed up **
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cambridgealex WSOP Main Event ** 5-12% now freed up **  (Read 28621 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2013, 02:02:52 AM »

Hi blonde,

I'm looking to sell 50% at 1.5 in this years WSOP Main event. Will sell in minimum 0.5% chunks. 1% = $150 or £99.43. Exchange locked at todays 1.508.

I've never played this event before, but heard only great things. Aside from the usual reasons everyone gives for the Main Event being incredible value, I believe I specifically am worth the markup I am changing for the following reasons.

-I've played poker professionally for 3 years, with probably 1/3 of my volume coming from live tournaments, a lot of that being in very well structured tournaments. So whilst I've never played a 2hour clock before (and the adjustment is not to be underestimated from what I've read), I am used to playing deepstacked tournaments with long clocks (played several WPT and EPTs with 75min clocks, as well as countless other tournaments with 60min clocks. I think this point is overlooked by many.

-Not a Vegas virgin. I've only been twice before, but I still think that gives me a significant edge over the many first-timers than aren't used to the style of play out there.

-Preparation. Unlike many who fly out just for the main, including all the qualifiers, I will have been in Vegas for 2 weeks prior to the tournament, so will have adjusted my body clock, sleeping pattern and just generally will be well adapted to Vegas by the time the tournament starts. I think this is quite key. It goes without saying that I will be well rested before each day (hoping for multiple days...) and drinking will have ceased completely by the time it starts.

-Money experience. Almost nobody can claim they have experience dealing with the money jumps that the Main Event could involve, but I have experience playing for decent amounts of money that much of the field won't and have never been fazed by money jumps even when they were 10x my networth Cheesy

-To quote flushy, I get shit done. Albeit on a smaller scale to him. I've had outright wins in DTD Monte Carlo (77k), Spanish Open, Sky Poker Tour, Eureka Poker Tour side event (all around 10k), as well as an online outright win for 21k euros. Playing for the win is my style, although passing up small edges to preserve stack in soft fields and ICM work are things I've built into my game in the past 12 months. Other notable scores include a 4th place in a second DTD Monte Carlo for £22k and a 5th place in a LAPT Side Event for 15 million pesos Cheesy. For all results see hendon mob. http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=186500

-Confidence. I've had a sick heater over the last two weeks and my confidence has really been boosted by it. I believe confidence is massive in this game, and you can be assured I'll be fully in the zone coming into this event. Poker is my life. This is where I've been building up to be since I started playing. I am insanely motivated to play this and do well.

-Trust. I must be in the top 5 in terms of number of packages sold on blonde, maybe even the top 1. I've never had a single problem with any investor in any single issue (in before never made a profit gag) I've been backed before by Keith Johnson and James Keys for about 12 months without issues. I've held numerous sweepstakes and been the escrow for many thousands of pounds in the past.

-Sweats. I don't just leave these threads, I provide constant updates and always give lengthy TRs for investors.

OK now the one clause...

- I reserve the right to buy back all action sold should I have a huge score between now and the event. Chris Brammer included this clause in his package last year and whilst it caused some controversy, it was general consensus that it was reasonable, and as always, if you don't like it, you don't have to buy etc. I'm talking a 6 figure score for this to actually matter. Very unlikely, but there is SCOOP this weekend, Wembley and other WSOP events prior to this so who knows? I'd just like to play for all of myself should I get very lucky in the interim. Also any $ arising from sponsorship won't be part of the package (Only cos I saw it in other ME threads).

EDIT: Forgot to say, all funds must be received before I fly, which is June 23rd. Payment by bank is hugely preferred. But can do stars, or cash if necessary. Would rather not chase people for $ in Vegas if I'm honest.

OK thanks for reading and flame away!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:25:10 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 02:03:44 AM »

The team:Stato 5
Belton 2
Amatay 1
Adam Picken 1
Keys 2
Scotty77 1
Jakally 2.5 PAID
Flushy 10res
Claypole 2
Neeko 1
Redsimon 1
Eso Kral 1.5
DMorgan 1
Action Man 3
Lion Rampant 1.5
Ian Gascoigne 2
Jack Allen 2
Leatherman 1
Rehamn 1
Lucky 2
Keith 3
Matt Harris 0.5
MC 1
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 01:40:38 AM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 02:03:58 AM »

Stato res 5%
Belton res 1%

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 02:07:04 AM »

1 pls
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 02:08:37 AM by Amatay » Logged

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 02:07:34 AM »

1 pls fb when to send

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 02:10:02 AM »

2 please
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 02:13:48 AM »

1 plz
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 02:21:05 AM »

2.5% please.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 02:39:17 AM »

res 10

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 04:19:49 AM »

Decided to buy some before reading this thread, but found it entertaining nonetheless
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 06:17:22 AM »

1 please
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 06:24:17 AM »

1 please

You are not helping my restraint.......

claypole

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 06:40:54 AM »

1 please

You are not helping my restraint.......

That's it for me - I'm done, did say "no more" but the posh one has a small return from last thread AND Celtic decided to Facebook message me at 2.30am to tell me and the rubdown if when Alex wins would have been unbearable (and he's great value at 1.5 in this)

In my head also I am using the remote winning from Saturday for staking lol
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 06:42:32 AM by claypole » Logged
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 07:42:27 AM »

1 pls

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 10:05:24 AM »

An additional 1% please. This is going to be a pretty heavy antirail between now and main event.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: