blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:32:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Main event shares
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Main event shares  (Read 5011 times)
Dubai

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2013, 07:37:44 PM »

Hi am selling for the main event on behalf of my mum.

She currently crushes/pwns (whatever the in word is) the $5 and $10 sngs on full tilt, everyone knows how tough poker is now so it's obviously the equivalent of her smashing nosebleeds 10 years ago cos everyone was lol bad

Her live experience includes entering and winning a $75 10 person sng on a Royal Caribbean Cruise. Destroyed her poor opponent headsup

Her second cousins uncles brothers wife is a fortune teller so even a blind man could see clairvoyancy runs in the family so her live skills are top class and she reads peoples souls

She is capable of making pre flop raises and is an expert in continuation betting

It's the main event she has never played it but upon speaking to everyone in poker she tells me the average age is apparently 64, and most people surely have to be carried to their seats and propped up throughout so clearly this is a great buy as she is definitely not in that category

Selling 95% at 1.5-1 as expected

Currently 40%  left

Facebook (loves a share this fella) 25%
Anonymous (small but frequent buyer) 5%
Pm (can only assume means Pari Mutuel as never short of reddies) 15%
Barbara from down the road 10%

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 07:39:59 PM by Dubai » Logged
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 07:39:58 PM »

Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 07:46:57 PM »

Reserve 5% please.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 07:48:08 PM »

sorry we need herbie mob and opr before we can fully get involved. so for now just reserve me 10 ta.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 07:53:53 PM »

Disappointed this is not Dave mfking shallow selling shares

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 07:57:43 PM »

Is this a business trip where she will be eating healthily, gym every day, no booze, bed by midnight?

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 07:58:36 PM »

Btw Lb44- Not a dig at you as don't know, just bit of fun about poker as a whole

I might sell for main, if I do it will be sub 1.5 and will only be available to previous investors and there will be a max on % can buy per person. Giving back is the new taking
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 07:59:10 PM »

Is this a business trip where she will be eating healthily, gym every day, no booze, bed by midnight?

She moved there 3 years ago so she could acclimatise
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 08:02:56 PM »

She moved there 3 years ago so she could acclimatise

A+

Save me a % pls.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 08:06:31 PM »

If it had 3.7 I'd have some 1.5 way too cheap

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 08:09:23 PM »

Btw Lb44- Not a dig at you as don't know, just bit of fun about poker as a whole

I might sell for main, if I do it will be sub 1.5 and will only be available to previous investors and there will be a max on % can buy per person. Giving back is the new taking

Assume you'll be charging vig on any currency changes tho yeh?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 08:17:10 PM »

Have to say this whole 1.5 thing has got out of control but if the buyers are there then fair enough.

I've looked at a couple and I just can't bring myself to flick it in even if they are "value". It just smacks of being greedy.

Stato's looks decent at 1.3 and Trigg's will be good whatever it is but 1.5 is just ridic for everyone other than Pete Wigglesworth.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 08:22:46 PM »

Interested if she has a vouch? Heard she is a degen in the bingo hall

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 08:35:23 PM »

Without a doubt a load of players are value at 1.5 in the main event including plenty of people that post on here and some that sold on here this and last year but I dislike generic market pricing, ie the last 4 people are charging 1.5 so il try that and also hate these assumptions- "Never been but Bob said its joke soft"

Table draws are massive on day 1. I had Bob Stupak on mine one year, we had to wait 3 hours to late reg in 06, Stupak was borderline senile at the time and the dealer had to read the board out to him everytime including suits, dealer was almost saying "The turn was the third heart Bob, the flush got there." Obviously I'd been in Vegas 7 weeks and the thought of sitting on this table any longer was too much, so snap busted. Another year had a past winner on it who stood up when they announced his name mid hand, started waving at non existent fans and forced himself into a picture with some old couple all whilst it was his turn to act. Utterly ridiculous and obviously after 6 weeks in Vegas this time I decided I wanted out of there again. Luckily older and wiser now
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 08:38:16 PM »

Have to say this whole 1.5 thing has got out of control but if the buyers are there then fair enough.

I've looked at a couple and I just can't bring myself to flick it in even if they are "value". It just smacks of being greedy.

Stato's looks decent at 1.3 and Trigg's will be good whatever it is but 1.5 is just ridic for everyone other than Pete Wigglesworth.

Agreed ...we probably do similar staking but when people are pretty much asking to free roll the main event it is a tad annoying

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: