blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:13:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Markups
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Markups  (Read 22428 times)
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 06:14:10 PM »

I really like plenos point about having to put in 30pc of the BI yourself.

Generally tho this board will police itself. Think the last few main event share threads have proved that
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 06:15:49 PM »

I'd like to see a picture of Pleno's £10,000 ornament.

Regards,

Yak.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 06:26:49 PM »

Surprised no ones thought of doing an auction site where the market sets the price....

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 06:49:11 PM »

Surprised no ones thought of doing an auction site where the market sets the price....

Well if they did they might have to guarantee winnings being paid.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 06:51:39 PM »

I really like plenos point about having to put in 30pc of the BI yourself.

Generally tho this board will police itself. Think the last few main event share threads have proved that

this wasnt a suggestion for a rule, its an open board, but just something i see as a requirement when buying.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 06:58:34 PM »

I don't know why it irks people so much to see stuff they don't want to buy.  Do you all write to Rolex and Omega to tell them you aren't buying their watches?
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2013, 07:06:01 PM »

Don't actually hate giving blondepoker a tiny percentage for, say, a top three finish.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2013, 07:07:08 PM »

Don't actually hate giving blondepoker a tiny percentage for, say, a top three finish.

You';d rather give blonde 1% of 1 million of a fixed £20?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2013, 07:07:13 PM »

I don't know why it irks people so much to see stuff they don't want to buy.  Do you all write to Rolex and Omega to tell them you aren't buying their watches?

<3

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2013, 07:11:21 PM »

You';d rather give blonde 1% of 1 million of a fixed £20?

1% was way more than I was thinking, 0.1 or 0.2 maybe.

Seems ridiculous to charge the same amount for £100 tournie at DTD at 1:1 and the WSOP main event @ 1.5.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2013, 07:11:39 PM »

I don't know why it irks people so much to see stuff they don't want to buy.  Do you all write to Rolex and Omega to tell them you aren't buying their watches?

no but I don't offer any products in the watch arena.

are you saying everyone should be selling at shitty prices trying to extract the most from the posters on here or from poker staking in general?

once you had done a binkage, you know the second.... you (who were already obviously a very good prospect) became even more 'hot property'. By definition more people wanted to now buy pieces allowing you to markup higher and which is why eventually you went for auction to maximise what you got in which is obviously best for you. however the effect it has had is for a bunch of people to put up awful proposals and over value themselves due to seeing other people sell out. the markets also then just become used to these joke high markups.

now people don't seem to think they have to put anything up themselves sometimes yet still expect that they can just say yeh long clock, punters, 1.95 yo.

people need to actually be berated for putting up bad threads rather than this oh my word don't put something negative on someone elses thread, whilst at the same time everyone just assumes the market will police itself even when the bulk of those involved may have only a little knowledge of the subject matter as a whole.

I get your point but still think that as a more community board people should be less reticent to call out shit for being shit. have to protect each other yo
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2013, 07:20:20 PM »

I think Mr. Keys is right. The only exception should be to report discrepancies that weren't handled well and haven't been disclosed or something of that ilk. A thread that doesn't sell out is enough of a message that the stake/markup/overall environment were handled incorrectly. Sometimes the capital just isn't there a la A Rupert Elder EPT or the player isn't well known or thought highly enough to justify the markup. It is obviously possible a person could look extremely good value at a price to one person and terrible to another because of their knowledge. Unless someone is pulling the wool over someone's eyes then let the market decide.

If blonde charges the community will miss out on several investment opportunities on a whole, but I'm sure some financial arrangement would be achievable. 1-10% of markup would add up over the year but would lead to buyers getting screwed as markups would just increase. I think a tipping culture following big scores could work.

@what Beany just posted, markups are subjective though, and I'll be surprised to know if you or anyone could correctly rate every investment opportunity. I really haven't seen that many  awful proposals but definitely some I wouldn't invest in with infinite capital, but they are always my opinions. Also, what happens when I see someone sell incorrectly? Do i tell them they have hideously undervalued themselves? Or do i rub my hands and just jump in? Its a sellers market.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2013, 07:23:04 PM »

heard Peter Wigglesworth decided to give 10% of all of his markups paid over Facebook to the social network site for allowing him to offer his services there and has subsequently paid for the entire companies Chritstmas party to the moon.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2013, 07:28:33 PM »

also people DO give back to Blonde.

Alex doing commentary etc.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2013, 07:31:09 PM »

I think Mr. Keys is right. The only exception should be to report discrepancies that weren't handled well and haven't been disclosed or something of that ilk. A thread that doesn't sell out is enough of a message that the stake/markup/overall environment were handled incorrectly. Sometimes the capital just isn't there a la A Rupert Elder EPT or the player isn't well known or thought highly enough to justify the markup. It is obviously possible a person could look extremely good value at a price to one person and terrible to another because of their knowledge. Unless someone is pulling the wool over someone's eyes then let the market decide.

If blonde charges the community will miss out on several investment opportunities on a whole, but I'm sure some financial arrangement would be achievable. 1-10% of markup would add up over the year but would lead to buyers getting screwed as markups would just increase. I think a tipping culture following big scores could work.

@what Beany just posted, markups are subjective though, and I'll be surprised to know if you or anyone could correctly rate every investment opportunity. I really haven't seen that many  awful proposals but definitely some I wouldn't invest in with infinite capital, but they are always my opinions. Also, what happens when I see someone sell incorrectly? Do i tell them they have hideously undervalued themselves? Or do i rub my hands and just jump in? Its a sellers market.

def agree with first two paragraphs, though think p1 is hopeful in that alot of people just have wool over their eyes anyway themselves and seem to have no clue, and yet justify with the old no one will ever truly know the rois phrase.

re p3 ,even if estimates don't have to be exact, they can at least be on the fair side to the stakees rather than trying to eek out as much as possible. surely it's clearly an awful investment if you wouldn't invest with infinite capital.

if someone sells themself lower than their true perceived value then they will sell out quickly and in larger chunks. similarly if they don't sell out they've clearly priced it wrong.

let's be V honest, a handful of us provide good value stakes knowingly, others provide borderline value knowingly and a whole bunch have no real idea and just follow the trends.

think the concept of marketplaces reaching equilibrium etc works better on 2+2 where it's all alot more commercial rather than such an interlinked initially friendly community such as blonde.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: