blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:45:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL COMPUTER GAMING THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL COMPUTER GAMING THREAD***  (Read 21422 times)
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2014, 02:43:43 PM »

Anyone tried Prismata?

Well I've applied for a Beta key, don't know how long it will take to get one though, says I'm on a waiting list.
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2014, 03:36:20 PM »

Anyone tried Prismata?

Well I've applied for a Beta key, don't know how long it will take to get one though, says I'm on a waiting list.

Think they are planning a big wave before the end of the year, they just want to make sure that server doesn't die etc. You can buy an instant-access from the Kickstarter but it's $69

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2014, 03:55:11 PM »

Anyone tried Prismata?

Think they are planning a big wave before the end of the year, they just want to make sure that server doesn't die etc. You can buy an instant-access from the Kickstarter but it's $69

i've followed it for a while, just worried that i'll get too into it so swerving for now.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2016, 02:49:50 PM »

Was going to start a computer games thread but then thought 'I'm sure there must be one already' and, lo, the search thing on the forum actually worked and here we are.

Last night I played Firewatch, the latest game in a genre which gets pejoratively called 'walking simulators' but are really more interactive stories. You play a guy who takes a summer job acting as a forest fire lookout in deepest Wyoming, essentially cut off from the outside world save for a walkie-talkie link to your boss Delilah, in a lookout tower several miles away.

You potter about, doing various tasks around the forest, and then things happen that drive the story along, strange things that suggest some sort of mystery.

However, that's not really what the game is about - it's really about the relationship that your character has with this disembodied voice across the forest. The way the script is written and the voice acting, really makes these characters believable. I couldn't go to bed last night until I'd finished it (it's only about 5-6 hours in length) and whilst I thought the end doesn't quite live up to the promise of what went before it's a still a really involving little game.

I'm going to have a look at other games like this (Dear Esther, Gone Home) as it seems like a really nice change from the huge, sprawling open-world stuff I usually get consumed by (over the past few months I've put in over 130 hours each on Witcher 3 and Fallout 4).

What else have people been playing of late?
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2016, 06:31:45 PM »

Timed well!!!  I have been playing chunks and chunks of Hearthstone recently and absolutely love it. 

Bought Fallout 4 and didn't really get into it.  I like games with direction and I sort of lost my way a few hours in and every time I try to play I just seem to wander round aimlessly for a while and give up on it.

Also bought Rocket League and like it a lot (like football with cars), really simple concept but strangely addictive.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2016, 07:12:18 PM »

Fallout 4 took me a little while to get into, but then I went all completey (if that is even a word) and was determined to find all the locations and get all the bobbleheads.

Whilst it's still really good, it suffers in comparison to, say, New Vegas as the missions just aren't as good - most of them are just 'go to this place, kill all the creatures/people then come back' or 'go to this place, find this thing (killing everyone along the way), and then bring it back'.

I liked the way the companion thing worked (some great characters like Codsworth and Nick Valentine), but the major new thing they put in (settlements) are just lolshit.

Next up on my list to get are The Witness and XCOM 2, though I have also been looking at Rocket League as I don't really have a game which is a 'have a quick play of this for 20 minutes' kinda thing - everything I normally do I play all night.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2016, 07:39:09 PM »

Was talking about Speedball on Amiga last night , loved the Bitmap Brothers.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2016, 08:54:12 PM »

Speedball looks like and reminds me a bit of NHL 94 somehow.

Rocket League is a great play for 20 minutes sort of game.  Controls are really intuitive, gameplay is good and the game is surprisingly hard to master.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2016, 06:28:34 AM »

Was going to start a computer games thread but then thought 'I'm sure there must be one already' and, lo, the search thing on the forum actually worked and here we are.

Last night I played Firewatch, the latest game in a genre which gets pejoratively called 'walking simulators' but are really more interactive stories. You play a guy who takes a summer job acting as a forest fire lookout in deepest Wyoming, essentially cut off from the outside world save for a walkie-talkie link to your boss Delilah, in a lookout tower several miles away.

You potter about, doing various tasks around the forest, and then things happen that drive the story along, strange things that suggest some sort of mystery.

However, that's not really what the game is about - it's really about the relationship that your character has with this disembodied voice across the forest. The way the script is written and the voice acting, really makes these characters believable. I couldn't go to bed last night until I'd finished it (it's only about 5-6 hours in length) and whilst I thought the end doesn't quite live up to the promise of what went before it's a still a really involving little game.

I'm going to have a look at other games like this (Dear Esther, Gone Home) as it seems like a really nice change from the huge, sprawling open-world stuff I usually get consumed by (over the past few months I've put in over 130 hours each on Witcher 3 and Fallout 4).

What else have people been playing of late?

Did you play Until Dawn?

The huge need in me is so excited for Warhammer Total War. Should be an amazing game. Last few games I've played are Blood Bowl, which was mildly amusing but never quite hooked me in and the online games were full of bitching by players way better than me.

Excited for the hearthstone changes too. I try to avoid it but inevitably it gets me for a few hours a week

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2016, 09:29:06 AM »

Most of my time lately has been spent on Super Mario Maker. Very addictive!

Blue text
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2016, 11:30:17 AM »

Found a terrific little game on sale for £3 , simple but very addictive.

http://www.11bitstudios.com/games/16/this-war-of-mine

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2016, 11:48:24 AM »

Timed well!!!  I have been playing chunks and chunks of Hearthstone recently and absolutely love it. 

Hearthstone is absolutely fantastic.  Much easier to become vaguely competitive than Magic the Gathering, so doesn't require a ridiculous investment of money.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: