blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:52:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Mini Deepstack £100, £30,000 GTD 12-15 Sept
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Mini Deepstack £100, £30,000 GTD 12-15 Sept  (Read 117147 times)
NobodyDiamond
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 19, 2013, 06:41:21 PM »

Great place DTD any chance of a UK One Drop type event like the Little Drop?!?
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 19, 2013, 07:12:01 PM »

Gemini

Thanks for feedback.

Please can you say what you are not happy out, it is just the 12 min clock or the blind  structure - or both?

The 12 min clock is equivalent to 30 minutes live (ie same number of hands), I am happy with a 30 mins for Day 1 and then going to 40 for day 2, this is more than fine for a £100 event over 2 days, it will still take till 11pm - 12pm to finish on Sunday evening, so any increases in the clocks will mean a later finish.

In terms of structure, there are only 4 levels missing from the WSOP Main event structure - all other levels are in, missing levels are 150-300 + 25 ante (WSOP goes 150-300 then 150-300 with 25 ante), 250-500, 500-1000, 1200-2400. Clearly with 30,000 chips taking out one of the 150-300 levels (150-300 no ante is still in) and the 250-500 level (which UKIPT and may £1000 tournies do not have because its only a 14% CPR - cost per round increase) is not going to make much difference on the comp, so we are talking about 2 levels 5000-1000 and 1200-2400, are you saying its these 2 levels that you want including and that are effecting your experience?

Thanks again, good feedback but I'm just wanting a bit more specific than "awful"

Cheers Simon
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 07:35:42 PM by DTD-ACES » Logged

CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 19, 2013, 07:15:03 PM »

Gemini

Thanks for feedback.

Please can you say what you are not happy out, it is just the 12 min clock or the blind  structure - or both?

The 12 min clock is equivalent to 30 minutes live (ie same number of hands), I am happy with a 30 mins for Day 1 and then going to 40 for day 2, this is more than fine for a £100 event over 2 days, it will still take till 11pm - 12pm to finish on Sunday evening, so any increases in the clocks will mean a later finish

In terms of structure, there are only 4 levels missing from the WSOP Main event structure - all other levels are in, 150-300 (WSOP goes 150-300 then 150-300 with 25 ante), 250-500, 500-1000, 1200-2400. Clearly with 30,000 chips taking out one of the 150-300 levels and the 250-500 level (which UKIPT and may £1000 tournies do not have because its only a 14% CPR - cost per round increase) is not going to make much difference on the comp, so we are talking about 2 levels 5000-1000 and 1200-2400, are you saying its these 2 levels that you want including and that are effecting your experience?

Thanks again, good feedback but I'm just wanting a bit more specific than "awful"

Cheers Simon

U can't make every one happy Simon . They don't understand this is £100 comp with 50 LARGE GUARENTEED on it !
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 19, 2013, 07:29:39 PM »

It looks like a pretty damn good concept to me now even though my original doubts will cost me an apple in a misplaced prop bet.

I'll be donating on Saturday all being well. Chasing obviously.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Gemini Kings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: June 19, 2013, 07:58:35 PM »

Gemini

Thanks for feedback.

Please can you say what you are not happy out, it is just the 12 min clock or the blind  structure - or both?

The 12 min clock is equivalent to 30 minutes live (ie same number of hands), I am happy with a 30 mins for Day 1 and then going to 40 for day 2, this is more than fine for a £100 event over 2 days, it will still take till 11pm - 12pm to finish on Sunday evening, so any increases in the clocks will mean a later finish.

In terms of structure, there are only 4 levels missing from the WSOP Main event structure - all other levels are in, 150-300 (WSOP goes 150-300 then 150-300 with 25 ante), 250-500, 500-1000, 1200-2400. Clearly with 30,000 chips taking out one of the 150-300 levels and the 250-500 level (which UKIPT and may £1000 tournies do not have because its only a 14% CPR - cost per round increase) is not going to make much difference on the comp, so we are talking about 2 levels 5000-1000 and 1200-2400, are you saying its these 2 levels that you want including and that are effecting your experience?

Cheers Simon

Hi Simon.

When I first looked at this tournament format it looked good to me, £115 buy in, 30k stack with the option to play more day ones and merge stacks. What's not to like.

Then I played online day 1b and was surprised to find that relatively quickly it became a shove fest. I was lucky enough to have a large stack for most of the time and even held the chip lead quite late on but I found that unless I wanted to gamble by by shoving almost any two cards my big stack was soon going to be cut down by the rapidly increasing blinds.

The tournament played like a turbo and if that is how it was meant to be played then fine but I personally don't play £115 turbos.

I think the 30k stack disguised the speed of the tournament to me so I should have studied the blind levels a little closer before playing.

I am no expert on blind levels in relation to clock, number of entries, desired duration of MTT etc but yes I believe by removing the levels you mentioned it has a turbo effect on the structure.

You have no doubt  gathered that I don't like turbos.

I probably shouldn't have used the word awful but In my defence I'm from the north and tend to say what I'm thinking. It wasn't awful just not for me. It's clear many players like turbos and I can see why an early finish on a week day is desirable.

I believe in my first post on this subject I queried whether an earlier start time would allow for a slower structure. An extra hour on line can make a big difference to how the tournament plays.

Hope this helps to clarify my views on the tournament and apologies if the word 'awful' came across as a bit strong. I am usually signing the praises of DTD wherever I go.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 08:01:45 PM by Gemini Kings » Logged
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 19, 2013, 08:05:28 PM »

I don't know about financial viability but it seems to me like these problems could be resolved by trying two flights on saturday, maybe a midday and a 5pm flight? I've heard about these and it seems like it solves some of the re-entry no re-entry issues etc.

Missed this week as I was away but definitely playing some online legs in the near future, looks like a lot of fun.

We have never tried this, I will speak to Simon. I quite like the idea but whether there is enough demand I am not sure.

This seems to work really well in the 25/25 series in the north west they are getting big runners and breaking guarantees for similar buy in comps. I would definitely give the 2 flight structure a go on a Saturday. Could see these getting 700+ after the first few!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 19, 2013, 08:32:36 PM »

There's a £100 comp somewhere I think ( can't remember where ) , that give £50K GUARENTEE, 50k starting stack & 75 minutes clock . I think Rupinder might know where it is . I lost memory of the  place already but will try to remember and post it here if I remember where the place are !  DTD WELDONE IN THE MOST VALUE £100 COMP , EVEN THOUGH I MAY NOT QUALIFY AFTER 3 bullets . Thanks
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 19, 2013, 09:14:15 PM »

There's a £100 comp somewhere I think ( can't remember where ) , that give £50K GUARENTEE, 50k starting stack & 75 minutes clock . I think Rupinder might know where it is . I lost memory of the  place already but will try to remember and post it here if I remember where the place are !  DTD WELDONE IN THE MOST VALUE £100 COMP , EVEN THOUGH I MAY NOT QUALIFY AFTER 3 bullets . Thanks

STILL a turbo tho

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 19, 2013, 10:04:39 PM »

STILL a turbo tho

Emmmmmmmmm
blueace

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 20, 2013, 03:38:29 PM »

Like Chippyman I too have seen enough of the on line 'variance' to mean I will be taking my two shots on Friday and Saturday. (Tried too many times for ISPT online and can't take the online beats late on again.)

I dont think DTD can do much more than what they do; put on a variety of tornaments with different prize pools and structures over different periods. Constructive criticism is invited to help iron out potential (small) issues i guess, but they cant please all the people all the time, so i'll save my style of moaning/critisism for the bad beats...
mouth

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 21, 2013, 09:15:22 AM »

I dont think DTD can do much more than what they do; put on a variety of tornaments with different prize pools and structures over different periods. Constructive criticism is invited to help iron out potential (small) issues i guess, but they cant please all the people all the time, so i'll save my style of moaning/critisism for the bad beats...

Well said.

I don't get to play at DTD half as often as I would like to: if I could I'd be there every weekend. I'm playing tomorrow and really looking forward to playing a £50K gted tourny for £100. As a recreational player that's the bottom line for me, and for the four people I'm coming with, none of whom have ever played at DTD before.

They all want to play because of the relatively low buy-in and high guarantee. Job done as far as DTD are concerned I guess.

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 21, 2013, 09:17:50 AM »

This weekend LIVE £100 Deepstack with £50,000 GTD

Day 1C Friday 7pm, Day 1D Sat 5pm

Already 14 players through to Day 2 on Sunday.

This event is a next day re-entry only so you can join us live on Friday and Saturday if you make Day 2 on both attempts you will merge your stacks to create 1 big stack (1A & 1B took place online Mon & Tues).

Full details - http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/news/100-deepstack-summer-50000-gtd/2346

I'm updating this, mainly over the weekend but will be there tonight, to see how the first of these events plays out

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 21, 2013, 08:03:55 PM »

We have 185 runners with 2 hours of late reg to go in the £100 Deepstack

I am going to ask the players for a show of hands at the break for a 5pm start / early finish or 7pm start/later finish on Fridays. This is a record number for a Deepstack on a Friday night, the £150 Deepstack and £300 gets 100 players on Fridays.

Cheers Simon

brookie

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 21, 2013, 08:15:17 PM »

So do we now numbers that have merged there stack if any one has.
MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 21, 2013, 10:33:41 PM »

We have 185 runners with 2 hours of late reg to go in the £100 Deepstack

I am going to ask the players for a show of hands at the break for a 5pm start / early finish or 7pm start/later finish on Fridays. This is a record number for a Deepstack on a Friday night, the £150 Deepstack and £300 gets 100 players on Fridays.

Cheers Simon

Re the start time, on a Saturday the start time is too late imo.  As a player who travels almost 100 miles to DTD, if I was going to fire 2 bullets at the live day 1s on Friday and Saturday and stay over Friday night, what do I do until 5pm?  I may have only booked 1 night in a hotel on Friday night so have to check out at 11am/12 noon, then I have 5 hours milling about.  This really really puts me off playing both days, hence I am only playing tomorrow.  

Re the 25/25 series in the North West, it is true that in season 1 they had 2 flights on a saturday (12 noon and 8pm), however because day 2 started at 1pm (which is a great start time for a day 2 imo) lots of players realised fairly quickly that flight 2 finished way too late and they were knackered on Sunday.  They had a bit of an experiment at Salford due to lack of space and introduced a flight on Friday night, making 3 flights in total.  I played the Friday night flight and it was unbelievable how many runners they got, the place was rammed.  I believe it started at 7pm.  Many players I spoke to said that they wanted to fire 2 bullets at it, 1 on Friday night and another at 12 noon on Saturday.  Lots of players said they were playing Friday night instead of Saturday night because Saturday just finished too late (it started at 8pm, finished after 4am).  Grosvenor have now announced that season 2 of the 25/25, all venues will have 3 flights (1 Friday and 2 Saturday) and you can have 6 bullets at it in total (2 per flight).

So if I were you I would look at keeping the 7pm Friday flight and moving flight 2 on Saturday to a much earlier start time.  Maybe also have a 6pm flight as well on Saturday and see how it goes.

The structure of the 25/25 tournament is also excellent, with 25k starting stack and 40 min clock throughout, starting at 25/50 and most levels in there.  The players feedback re the structure has been very very good. I personally would prefer a 40 min clock and a lower starting stack than a 30 min clock and a higher stack.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 10:37:02 PM by MLHMLH » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: