blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:11:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Staking Resolution - The Bank Of Timex (w-interview)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Staking Resolution - The Bank Of Timex (w-interview)  (Read 41985 times)
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2013, 03:59:29 PM »

its also going to make people wary when making a thread.

do you think many threads on blonde will get "timexed"?

I dunno, waiting for him to reply to my email.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2013, 04:01:47 PM »

I'd be worried about offending loads of people! Maybe he doesn't know many of them, but it seems like he does, and he's basically saying that they're offering bad investments. Either saying he believes they aren't as good as they think they are, OR that they are knowingly overpricing themselves.

But I'm sure he's fine with it if its in the name of making the market place fairer and making himself some money in the process. I'm sure the vast majority of mtt players regularly selling packages just overrate themselves or have unrealistic expectations of what's achievable in terms of ROI rather than deliberately overpricing themselves. Either way I'm sure plenty of people oversell for both reasons but when people are prepared to pay that much then you can see why and things don't seem like changing, markups aren't getting smaller and games aren't getting softer

I would say just about every poker player bar a few thinks they are better than they are, that's human nature and poker rolled into one.

if I staked anyone, id be happy if they believed they are better than they are, especially if that filled them full of confidence and they were walking on clouds going into the event.

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2013, 04:06:59 PM »

"Like he said in the interview though he will likely get investment from others, close friends of his and probably pool a bankroll of around 10m which should be fine right? "

Guess so.  Ask Lehman Brothers Wink
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2013, 04:10:07 PM »

Don't get taken in by this "doing it to make the marketplace fairer" bs.

He's doing it to try and make money.

Hope he does his bollocks.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pugwashed

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2013, 04:11:29 PM »

I'd be worried about offending loads of people! Maybe he doesn't know many of them, but it seems like he does, and he's basically saying that they're offering bad investments. Either saying he believes they aren't as good as they think they are, OR that they are knowingly overpricing themselves.

But I'm sure he's fine with it if its in the name of making the market place fairer and making himself some money in the process. I'm sure the vast majority of mtt players regularly selling packages just overrate themselves or have unrealistic expectations of what's achievable in terms of ROI rather than deliberately overpricing themselves. Either way I'm sure plenty of people oversell for both reasons but when people are prepared to pay that much then you can see why and things don't seem like changing, markups aren't getting smaller and games aren't getting softer

I would say just about every poker player bar a few thinks they are better than they are, that's human nature and poker rolled into one.

True. I think it's easier for cash game players though as you can look at a reasonable sample of hands and have a much better idea of how they've performed. With mtt players its so easy for variance to make anyone look way better than they are, even over several thousand mtts online, making it much harder to be quantitative about it and fair about it rather than just, 'I've been winning lately, it might be a heater, it might be cos I'm playing good, who knows'

I personally tend to only buy based on what I know about someone's game (not that I buy often.) I'll try to make a judgement based on how good I think they (or other people I respect telling me how good they are.) For example, I'd happily pay bigger markups on Tom Langley's action than plenty of people who I know have better results online because I've either played or talked poker with them or seen them post and I think that's given me a much better idea of how good they are
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2013, 04:12:16 PM »

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2013, 04:12:57 PM »

Do you think it has a place in this community?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2013, 04:17:52 PM »

Toyed with the idea of referring tikay's thread, but I don't think that belongs. Am in the process of sending a link to Camel's Main Event thread now, Camel has sold out already anyway and after his posts in Fett's main event thread last year and his subsequent pricing this year, I think it deserves a mention Cheesy
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2013, 04:19:04 PM »

absolutely!

Almost every thread sells out and I've seen "sigh" posted dozens of times. The market place on blonde is also very high I would say so it may help control it.

1) You can go to timex and get a better price

2) People know people may post about it and thus be encouraged to put a price that wont make people go to the BankofTimex.

For the staking community its fantastic news.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2013, 04:21:14 PM »

Toyed with the idea of referring tikay's thread, but I don't think that belongs. Am in the process of sending a link to Camel's Main Event thread now, Camel has sold out already anyway and after his posts in Fett's main event thread last year and his subsequent pricing this year, I think it deserves a mention Cheesy

He's doing it to try and make money.

Hope he does his bollocks.

now is your time.

this could be epic.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2013, 04:22:57 PM »

this is great fk shit markups.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2013, 04:26:26 PM »

I mean does it have a place in this community for one of us doing it, not timex?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2013, 04:28:14 PM »

I mean does it have a place in this community for one of us doing it, not timex?

absolutely if somebody wants to find their balls.

Alternatively a group of people could merge funds, create a bankroll and then offer the odds.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2013, 04:28:31 PM »

#BankofBlonde

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2013, 04:29:19 PM »

if I staked anyone, id be happy if they believed they are better than they are, especially if that filled them full of confidence and they were walking on clouds going into the event.

So would I, but I wouldn't buy if their overconfidence meant they had overpriced themselves.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: