blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:11:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Staking Resolution - The Bank Of Timex (w-interview)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Staking Resolution - The Bank Of Timex (w-interview)  (Read 41990 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2013, 04:30:35 PM »

I mean does it have a place in this community for one of us doing it, not timex?

absolutely if somebody wants to find their balls.

Alternatively a group of people could merge funds, create a bankroll and then offer the odds.

Interested.

I've toyed with the idea of selling % of people that aren't even selling.

Say X is overrated imo, selling him at 1.5 or whatever. Always seemed too harsh and those people would get offended if they weren't selling themselves at that price anyway.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2013, 04:39:04 PM »

I mean does it have a place in this community for one of us doing it, not timex?

yeh def goulder put monte carlo up at 1.5..................
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2013, 04:39:26 PM »

it also gets people to have action of their "heroes"

for example the ispt last week, people would have loved to buy in trickett and others.

Lets say you charged 2.0 for trickett, that means 5% would be 300ish and exposure would be a maximum of 50k

For the tournament you could probably sell about 100 pieces at 1.5 on average.

so 225 x 100 with an exposure of 50k, but that would be in one of the most highest variance tournaments.

Lets say the dtd 300 would be a better point to start at.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2013, 04:42:05 PM »

Why are people that rely on the market wanting to kill/suppress the market

suicide itt

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2013, 04:43:48 PM »

Why are people that rely on the market wanting to kill/suppress the market

suicide itt

because there is this phrase 'it will regulate itself', yet it's assuming that many of the sellers AND buyers have an excellent knowledge of the concept. people clearly don't.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2013, 04:46:10 PM »

it also gets people to have action of their "heroes"

for example the ispt last week, people would have loved to buy in trickett and others.

Lets say you charged 2.0 for trickett, that means 5% would be 300ish and exposure would be a maximum of 50k

For the tournament you could probably sell about 100 pieces at 1.5 on average.

so 225 x 100 with an exposure of 50k, but that would be in one of the most highest variance tournaments.

Lets say the dtd 300 would be a better point to start at.

Would have been fun if someone had done this and sold pieces of plinton Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2013, 04:48:11 PM »

lol @ The Camel ITT Smiley

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2013, 04:48:21 PM »

just wrote a long post, but deleted

in short, this doesn't work in the long term due to market forces / manipulation and affecting ability of players to sell/play

the market will not adjust by players lowering mark-ups, I cant be bothered to point out why (id even go as far, in the long term to say the  exact opposite will happen)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 04:49:52 PM by outragous76 » Logged

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2013, 04:50:59 PM »

in short, this doesn't work in the long term due to market forces / manipulation and affecting ability of players to sell/play

the market will not adjust by players lowering mark-ups, I cant be bothered to point out why (id even go as far, in the long term to say the  exact opposite will happen)

Go on, give it a try, for the fans
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2013, 04:51:27 PM »

If a guy/group of guys is going to piggyback off the back of a staker/stakee relationship on here that blonde facilitiates, then blonde will I think want to take a very close look at it

I think its fine for the staker/stakee relationship for us to sit there and put sellers/buyers together by letting one see the other, we're happy to host the boards for that but when that further layer of someone looking to make a turn out of that essentially private relationship, I am not sure that is in the community spirit of the aim of the boards. 

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2013, 04:54:17 PM »

lol @ The Camel ITT Smiley

confirmed hero, pretty sure hes sending Timex busto, if Timex sells his 5k at 0.8 it may be the greatest thing of all time if Camel ships the lot.

the market will not adjust by players lowering mark-ups, I cant be bothered to point out why (id even go as far, in the long term to say the  exact opposite will happen)

Go on, give it a try, for the fans

confirmed fan!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2013, 04:55:10 PM »

Think he is making a couple of mistakes.  If someone is selling at 1.5, to cover variance and a small return they are effectively saying their underlying is 1.75.  To undercut Mr 1.5 you have to sell at 1.45 or similar.  If you are going to make a small return that is more than just compensation for that stinking main event variance, you'd have to believe Mr 1.5 is only worth 1.3 or so.  That seems a big old gap to me though dare say a couple of recent threads on Blonde have enough of an overprice to give him scope for a profit.

This brings me to his 2nd mistake, he isn't really selling action in the people that are bad value and overpriced, even though he is trying. He seems to be selling the best players in the World at what looks like close to fair prices.  

I wouldn't want to be taking on that risk at the prices he is charging and he deserves some respect for backing his judgement with hard cash.  But I think he is making similar mistakes as sellers, and getting his pricing wrong.

Edit phone grrr
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 05:00:14 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2013, 05:06:09 PM »

Think he is making a couple of mistakes.  If someone is selling at 1.5, to cover variance and a small return they are effectively saying their underlying is 1.75.  To undercut Mr 1.5 you have to sell at 1.45 or similar.  If you are going to make a small return that is more than just compensation for that stinking main event variance, you'd have to believe Mr 1.5 is only worth 1.3 or so.  That seems a big old gap to me though dare say a couple of recent threads on Blonde have enough of an overprice to give him scope for a profit.

This brings me to his 2nd mistake, he isn't really selling action in the people that are bad value and overpriced, even though he is trying. He seems to be selling the best players in the World at what looks like close to fair prices.  

I wouldn't want to be taking on that risk at the prices he is charging and he deserves some respect for backing his judgement with hard cash.  But I think he is making similar mistakes as sellers, and getting his pricing wrong.

Edit phone grrr

All of this
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2013, 05:07:02 PM »

if it makes him some money whilst at the same time making people actually think about wtf numbers they put after the 1.  then surely it's a good thing?

don't get all the hate.

durrrrrrrr

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2013, 05:11:19 PM »

If you think that what Timex is offering is a mistake and -ev for him, then you should looking to buy as much action from him as possible.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: