blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:28:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Staking Resolution - The Bank Of Timex (w-interview)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Staking Resolution - The Bank Of Timex (w-interview)  (Read 41645 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2013, 08:36:16 AM »

Timex joins me for an interview on his new venture.

Dont want to buy on the staking boards anymore? If somebody sells out Timex will usually give you action.

I question him on the flaws of the plan and speak about it all in very much detail. Hope you enjoy and I speak about Blonde too.

Whats everybodies thoughts?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 11:31:13 AM »

Love the part where he moans about "mediocre" regs selling to play EPTs so all the rich regs like him don't get to feast on the recs as much, just lol.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 11:42:07 AM »

So just to get this straight, if someone sells out, Timex will offer you their package at a better rate and take the risks on himself?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 11:46:11 AM »

So he's basically saying that everyone is charging at too high a markup.  And since he has the financial means to underwrite and short out of the money options then he is putting his money where his mouth is.

Seems very risky - he may be right, but it a bad start to his venture will hammer him.  He won't be diversified enough imo.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 11:47:37 AM »

I'm confused.

So he's doing this because he's concerned about the poker economy, but he wishes that he knew everybody's true roi's so he could add 5% and make a million from said economy selling in everyone in the main, huh what ?

I'm normally a bit grouchy when I've just woke up so maybe being harsh but he seems like a complete dick.

Also if someone thinks they are worth 1.2 but Timex the genius can prove they're actually worth 1.15 then should that person really be labelled a scammer and have there reputation tarnished ?
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 11:54:15 AM »

I dont think he's going after the guys who're a couple of % either way, I think he's after the guys who are offering terrible investment opportunities that are wildly overpriced.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 12:12:56 PM »

I'm confused.

So he's doing this because he's concerned about the poker economy, but he wishes that he knew everybody's true roi's so he could add 5% and make a million from said economy selling in everyone in the main, huh what ?

I'm normally a bit grouchy when I've just woke up so maybe being harsh but he seems like a complete dick.

Also if someone thinks they are worth 1.2 but Timex the genius can prove they're actually worth 1.15 then should that person really be labelled a scammer and have there reputation tarnished ?

He has labelled them scammers?  I don't think he even goes that far with the ones that he thinks are massively overpriced.

If 2 plus 2 is pricing too high, then where does that put Blonde?

Mostly it was a good piece pleno, but Timex did let himself down by effectively moaning about people stealing his fish.  And good to see you not mentioning the muslims.  Surprised they aren't behind all this overpricing.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 12:32:37 PM »

I'm confused.

He has labelled them scammers?  I don't think he even goes that far with the ones that he thinks are massively overpriced.

Mostly it was a good piece pleno, but Timex did let himself down by effectively moaning about people stealing his fish.  And good to see you not mentioning the muslims.  Surprised they aren't behind all this overpricing.

He said scam/scamming 10x+ ?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 12:56:16 PM »

I'm confused.

He said scam/scamming 10x+ ?

did he? lol, had it on in the background.  Will listen again later with better concentration.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 01:25:59 PM »

Really impressed with your interviewing Pleno, was a good listen

+1 to Timex coming across as a massive tosser.

Hope he knocks it right in.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
MahoganyVic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 01:28:28 PM »

Seems like a bit of an arrogant bellend.  Wonder if he'll actually payout if someone binks the main event!
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 01:50:03 PM »

Timex will need to sell at a rate well below the offer of the player to compensate for credit risk.

All things being equal if you have 10% of someone who has won $10 million you are more likely to get it from the person than has that $10 million sitting in their account, as opposed to from someone who has just lost a $1 million punt. 

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 01:54:47 PM »

"I don't like Vegas"

when maths kills your life by Timex!

solid work on the interview Pleno1

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2013, 01:55:48 PM »

Will he crossbook people? Can't wait for some o8 if so.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2013, 02:06:25 PM »

+1 to Timex coming across as a massive tosser.

Hope he knocks it right in.

Haha, you make me laugh with these mini rants.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: