blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:33:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Pocket Queens:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pocket Queens:  (Read 114323 times)
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: December 20, 2014, 02:20:28 PM »

Some Ninja Mod has put Elf in that list while you weren't looking. Just wanted to let you know.

I assume it displaced White Christmas.

Shamefully, I admit that I have never seen White Christmas 

I shall watch it before this Christmas is out and shall report back!
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: December 20, 2014, 02:22:11 PM »

Pfft   

Missing the best Christmas film ever......

The Great Escape

Dum dum , dum der der dum dum..........

Noooo, this isn't a Christmas movie either?! I have a few "rules" when it comes to what categorises a Christmas movie. They include Santa Clause, snow and some sort of magic!
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2014, 03:27:32 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066344

Best Scrooge movie according to our household.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2014, 03:32:37 PM »

Colditz, or a Bridge too far

Perfect Xmas films

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2014, 03:45:06 PM »

Colditz, or a Bridge too far

Perfect Xmas films

Von Ryan's Express, too

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2014, 10:51:18 PM »

The Polar Express would defo be in there for me
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2014, 12:31:31 AM »

"Buon Natale … Merry Christmas to yoooooouuuuuuu …"

Click to see full-size image.

So, now that Day 1 and Day 2 of the festivities are over, I wanted to check in to wish you all a very merry Christmas from Pocket Queens HQ.  I hope that you had a wonderful time, ate well, exchanged lovely gifts and (above all) spent time with your families.

The run up to the big day was predictably manic for your Belle.  I finished work at 5pm on Tuesday 23rd, and thanks largely to the “grown ups” closing my office on Christmas Eve, I had one night and one full day to get ready.  I spent the first three hours of Tuesday night running around Manchester like a maniac trying to purchase all of the things I was missing; gifts, table decorations, candles, crackers, cheese etc etc etc.  When I finally landed home just after 8pm, I had the joyeux task of (single-handedly) wrapping around 75 gifts.  All with bows, glitter and bells.  The Boy had been out all day on his work’s Christmas party and so I wasn’t expecting him a) home early or b) in any fit state to start wrapping intricately-shaped objects in M&S premium gift wrap!  When he did return home, just before midnight, he preceded to engage in a rather high-level viewing of “Saving Private Ryan" whilst debating the most recent episode of “Serial” that we had listened to.  Helpful.

Eventually, I was all ready for Santa (albeit, ridiculously exhausted).

Like most families, we have to split our time on Christmas Day.  We wake in our own home and exchange gifts with each other and the cats.  Then it’s off to my parents’ house for Christmas dinner and to see my side of the family.  Once we have eaten, the ‘usual’ routine is for us to then make the one hour drive to the Boy’s parents’ house for the night and into Boxing Day.  There was a change of plan this year … [drumroll] … they announced a few weeks ago that they were coming to us.  Wait, what?!  Panic.  I have never hosted a Christmas Day before.  I am not at all domesticated.  And I cannot cook.  

So I cheated.  I catered.  And I trawled through Pinterest and Houzz for ideas of how to “dress” a Christmas dinner table.  I did good in the end I think.  The table looked festive and the food was delicious (thanks 100% to the caterers; I had zero input on it!).  But I was a good host; I greeted guests with pre-dinner cocktails (pink gin), I prepared and laid out the food and I entertained.  It was a really lovely Christmas Day and despite the stress of creating a good and memorable time for everyone, it was really nice to spend at least half of the day at home.  For the first time ever.

Boxing Day:

Boxing Day for me is all about football.  I love Boxing Day fixtures and this year we entertained Liverpool at Turf Moor to a sell out crowd.  Fans are usually in a festive mood and it is not unusual to see fans wearing silly branded Santa hats.

And its a family day. People get tickets in their Christmas stockings and kids go to games, possibly for the first time.  I have always gone to the football with my Dad, who has also been a Burnley fan for his entire life. I think he wanted boys, but got girls and the result was that I was always destined to be a Claret. This year was no different, albeit these days we have the Boy with us.

The game for us this year was tainted slightly before kick-off, with the sad incident of an older man collapsing in the seats behind us. He was collected by paramedics and taken to hospital. We have a regular group of friends who sit around us at the game (we are all season ticket holders and so our seats are allocated for a whole season) and we all spent the early stages of the game expressing our good wishes for a speedy return to health for the man. Our concerns were wiped out when the very same man arrived back at the game just in time for the second half! He had been to hospital, been given the all clear and had been dropped back off at the ground by paramedics so he could see the rest of the game. How is that for a dedicated fan base!

So now that the festivities are over, it’s time for us to enjoy a couple more days off work and get some volume of poker under our belts.  We intend to play the Christmas UKOPS and as many of the Sunday Majors that we can.  So it can snow all it wants as I intend to cozy up in new pyjamas, eat chocolate and play some cards.

My best wishes to you all for a happy and prosperous New Year.

B
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:38:25 AM by DingleBelle » Logged
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2014, 02:07:22 AM »

its a wonderful is probably the best xmas film!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 30, 2014, 12:47:57 PM »

Many congrats Natterley, that showed The Boy who is the best player in the Bromley household, this was the UKOPS Deep Stack yesterday

iMilkerz 815000 1 £888.35
bromley04 0 2 £533.01

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 30, 2014, 03:44:26 PM »

Many congrats Natterley, that showed The Boy who is the best player in the Bromley household, this was the UKOPS Deep Stack yesterday

bromley04 0 2 £533.01

stirthepot

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: December 30, 2014, 07:15:35 PM »

bromley04 0 2 £533.01

Dear Mr Kendall

Bromley023 = Natalie

Bromley04 = Adam

Full and final settlement.

B
bromley04

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 30, 2014, 07:56:50 PM »

bromley04 0 2 £533.01

Ah this almost makes up for missing out on the win - thanks Mr K!
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2014, 06:32:55 PM »

bromley04 0 2 £533.01

Dear Mr Kendall

Bromley023 = Natalie

Bromley04 = Adam

Full and final settlement.

B
[/quote

Cymru am byth
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: January 07, 2015, 12:11:48 AM »

"Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right" Oprah Winfrey

And so it’s over.  May I start this post where I left off the last; by wishing you all a very happy New Year.  I hope that it is prosperous and full of adventure.

We went a little left-field for New Year’s Eve this year.  We drove down to Leicestershire and spent three days locked away in a health spa.

Random, I know, but was really great. Nothing to do but relax. Healthy, nutritious meals made for you. And plenty of sleep! What is not to love about that?! Turns out that the Boy is a bit of a wimp though; he shied away from any form of deep tissue massage (“it bloody hurts”) and squealed like a girl when we went swimming in the snow in an outdoor pool* (*not a real outdoor pool … a heated outdoor pool with lovely jet streams and waterfalls and pretty lights). Still, the karma gods came to bite me on the backside for laughing at him, when I swam into a step in that very same outdoor pool and nearly broke my knee.  Cue the evening spent with blood steaming down my shin and an ice pack numbing the swelling.  That will teach me.

It wasn’t all water and fruit though. The staff made us all a lovely dinner on NYE, provided live music and champagne and canapés at midnight. One awesome older lady cut a mean Gangnam Style on the dance floor not long after 1am! I hope that I am still that sprightly when I get to that age.

There was a games room there. Naturally, we had a couple of Bromley Battles. The main event was a game of Connect 4. We may have been missing our usual game of choice though, given how we stacked our pieces:

Resolutions:

Turning to the brutality that is January, I see that we are once again surrounded by detox, fitness DVDs and promises of a “New Year, New Me”. Urgh. I refuse to diet or commence a horrendous exercise regime in January;  it is depressing enough without all of that nonsense.  I intend to carry on eating as much crap as I can fit in my mouth and lounging on my sofa doing nothing but staying warm and cozy. I realise the irony of that plan, given that I spent New Year in a health farm, but that was much more about detoxing a very stressed-out mind, rather than an out-of-shape body!

I also refuse to make New Year Resolutions. Please. There is a good reason for this; I am destined to fail.  Take the following example list:

- I will not diet, as I am inherently greedy and lazy
- I would love to visit more art galleries, seminars and museums, but I don’t have the time so probably won’t
- I absolutely will rekindle my shoe shopping habit
- I will definitely reboot my entire wardrobe and be as stylish as Blake Lively (this will not happen)
- I will attempt to purchase fully matching, designer luggage so that I can enjoy packing early and be super organised on our travels. Then I will waken from this dream, throw everything I own into mismatched bags at the last minute and arrive at my destination with two toothbrushes and one half of my pyjamas
- I will never ever consider giving up chocolate

I may have mentioned this in previous posts, but instead of resolutions, the Boy and I write a “This year we will …” list. Sort of a mini-bucket list that we both pick three items from. It forces us to keep life interesting and challenge the adventurer in us. And so, here is 2015’s list.

1.  Go on the Orient Express

2.  Learn how to tap-dance

3.  Stargazing

4.  Visit the Grand Canyon

5.  Shoot a gun at a shooting range

6.  Visit somewhere new in the UK that neither of us has seen before

No doubt you will hear of our adventure as we tick them off the list, but in the meantime I hope that you are all writing your own story for 2015 and making the most of this wonderful world.

Until next time.

B
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 07, 2015, 12:19:33 AM »

Hi Nat,

That Health Farm - it's Ragdale Hall, right?

I had the dubious pleasure of being imprisoned there for best part of a week about 30 years ago. The memory lingers.....

Happy New Year to Adam & your self.

x

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: