blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:10:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Pocket Queens:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pocket Queens:  (Read 113944 times)
hiamchris

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 31, 2016, 12:16:05 PM »

No mercy for Shacks!

Funny did all but sign Keogh 10 years ago too ... Big week coming up now!

DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: February 02, 2016, 12:34:49 AM »

Bromleys on Tour | Emirates Stadium | London

Because sometimes we stay in the UK too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olCanN_BYVg
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: May 02, 2016, 07:54:00 PM »

thumbs up

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 02, 2016, 10:46:32 PM »

Nice one. Great to see Burnley go up.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 02, 2016, 11:17:40 PM »

Congrats Adam, Natalie, bet that feels great.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: May 02, 2016, 11:47:34 PM »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Click to see full-size image.

Still, young Tighty's achievement tonight (rightly) eclipses ours, but needless to say I am lumping chunks on Burnley to win the Premier League in 2017 at 5000/1!

UTC
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 20, 2016, 04:36:29 AM »

Nice shirt Natters.

How did they get on in Game 7?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 04:40:05 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: June 20, 2016, 05:26:16 PM »

Postcard from Vegas | Dubs and Rubs

It's been a while. Pocket Queens HQ has been forced offline for much of 2016. I could explain, but you know the drill - work/stress/life - and the summer just wouldn't be the same without a Vegas update.

Your Belle landed in Sin City Saturday lunchtime. A 4am roll call was the result of our decision this summer to give Virgin Atlantic a swerve and fly out with Thomas Cook Airlines on the Airbus A330. Newer planes, cheaper tickets (we could fly Premium both legs for half the price of a Virgin ticket) and a generally much more pleasant flying experience. Saying that, I did manage to faint a few hours into the flight. That's not happened before...

Day one was taken up fighting the inevitable onset of jet lag. We had some time around the pool, drank some frozen pina coladas and soaked in our surroundings. Our home for the next two weeks will be the Aria, a rather stunning hotel right in the centre of the strip. I've battled to stay awake in worse places!

After a slice of the best pizza on the Strip (which, let the records show, is Pin-Up Pizza) and a good 9 hours snooze it was time to work.

Our shedule started at the Rio for a bit of Daily Deepstack action during the day (where we bumped into the lovely Tikay and the lovelier Tal) and an Aria nightly. The Boy found himself sat next to (and ultimately sucked-out by) Main Event runner-up Darvin Moon. How very Vegas.

Sandwiched between those was Game 7 of the NBA Playoff Finals. We fell in love with the Warriors last summer so were gutted to throw a 3-1 lead away and see Le Bron lift the trophy at the Oracle. We had planned to fly up to San Fransisco to watch the game, but the ticket prices were slightly off putting ($47,500 anyone ... no?). Much like I found myself wandering around Leicester Square on 7 May 2016, still in my Burnley shirt, chanting "23, 23 undefeated..." I found myself this time wandering around the Aria in my Warriors shirt getting rub-downs from drunk EDC kids. FML.

And so it begins. We have two weeks of fun and hazy optimism ahead of us. Honey, were home!

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 05:49:39 PM by DingleBelle » Logged
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: June 20, 2016, 07:32:57 PM »

Excellent. Looking forward to more updates.

im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 20, 2016, 08:26:12 PM »

Excellent. Looking forward to more updates.

+1

Say hello to Jeeves for us please & run good, cash big. (to both Brommers)

Life has no rebuy options
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: June 23, 2016, 08:30:29 AM »

Postcard from Vegas | Bubble Trouble and a Goliath Grind

We have our first flag of the series. The Boy FT a PHamous Goliath event for a min cash. Slightly annoying as we have prop bets on this summer for a) number of flags and b) final value of winnings. I'm obvs bugged that he's off the mark already and I'm playing catch up! 

The event wasn't without controversy tho, as he voted not to pay the bubble when a deal was proposed. This is a position Pocket Queens HQ has as standard. And people really don't like it. It's a reality that there's a bubble in tournament poker and someone won't get paid. It sucks, but it's a fact. What about the guy who bust to get us to the bubble; would he have played differently knowing he was only one off a min cash and not two? The table got aggressive as a result of his decision (and he was very short on chips when he said no!) and one drunken English lad threaten to "smash his face in" as a result. Fine. Whatever.

Further afield, Team Bromley and the lovely Tal (which is now his official title for this trip) all punted in the $600 Goliath Event at Planet Hollywood. Billed as perhaps the best value tournament of the summer, organisers are expecting to smash the $700k guarantee with a projected prize pool of over $1m. Was a cracking event, albeit a real grind of a day and I'm pleased to report all three amigos bagged up for Day 2. Nice to nail the first day 2 of the summer so early on. We celebrated getting through the day with a relaxed dinner at the Luxor with a couple of glasses of wine and some delectable food. There's few things in life I like more than a long dinner with good wine and fantastic company. 

*Edit*

As we go to press, the Boy just picked up his second flag of the summer with a cash in one of the Rio Dailys. Your Belle is now 0-2 down and things are looking grim. Maybe I'll just go take down the Goliath to wipe the smug smile off his face. 
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: June 23, 2016, 10:59:11 AM »

Gl gl in the Goliath

Martin Luther King Jr
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: June 24, 2016, 09:42:20 PM »

Quick update:

Boy has made Day 3 of the Goliath (breaking his Day 3 duck). We have $4k locked up at the moment with $200k up top.

Prop bets looking irrecoverable right now for me, but railing all the same!

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: June 24, 2016, 09:51:44 PM »

Oooh

Good luck to the Boy.

Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 24, 2016, 09:53:11 PM »

Quick update:

Boy has made Day 3 of the Goliath (breaking his Day 3 duck). We have $4k locked up at the moment with $200k up top.

Prop bets looking irrecoverable right now for me, but railing all the same!

Great stuff, wish him good luck please Natalie.

Loving the "WE have $4k locked up"......

Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: