blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:08:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Online Club Cash Games
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Online Club Cash Games  (Read 126953 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 07:50:21 PM »

The bans dont work though. People just multiaccount. VPNs and the like allow people to get away with whatever they want. Jared can have new accounts with new locations set up everyday.

Bans are more effective than you think, also I'd like a "yellow card" system, where people aren't banned they are suspended a few times first for "unethical behavior" a 1week, 15day then 5week ban or something followed by lifetime could work. Just to dissuade everyone from doing this stuff and if hardly anyone does it then it will be less incentive for other people to do so.

Using Harrington as an example is a bit extreme because he's so fkn good at MA'ing, and even then he gets about 2-3weeks per account these days.

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 08:05:44 PM »

The bans dont work though. People just multiaccount. VPNs and the like allow people to get away with whatever they want. Jared can have new accounts with new locations set up everyday.

Bans are more effective than you think, also I'd like a "yellow card" system, where people aren't banned they are suspended a few times first for "unethical behavior" a 1week, 15day then 5week ban or something followed by lifetime could work. Just to dissuade everyone from doing this stuff and if hardly anyone does it then it will be less incentive for other people to do so.

Using Harrington as an example is a bit extreme because he's so fkn good at MA'ing, and even then he gets about 2-3weeks per account these days.

Whats this say Dave ... "masking " ?

Im Surprised Bleznick hasnt been banned by Stars or FT....I suppose they 100 % need to prove it first.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 08:07:42 PM »

Im Surprised Bleznick hasnt been banned by Stars or FT....I suppose they 100 % need to prove it first.

"MA'ing" = Multi-Accounting.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 08:17:05 PM »

"MA'ing" = Multi-Accounting.

durrr ofc  cheers...

A kind of masking occurs of course... I assume he has to use different IP address^s for this to work ?
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 09:13:34 PM »

As a complete recreational fish, reading these posts regarding what goes on at the cash tables is enough to put me off for life.

What sort of levels are we talking about here?  Surely not the 50/1 level.

My perception is that the underhand tactics are widespread.  What sort of message is this sending out to people who just want to have a quick game and maybe win a little?

We don't stand a chance.

Will certainly give the DTD games a blast.

Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 09:22:08 PM »

What about people living in the same house playing the same games?

I am not trying to upset anyone with this point, just saying the first thing that pops into my head when I heard this idea.

Bump.

Its a serious point would anyone feel happy playing 5 others who were all in same room?
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 12:02:21 AM »

There are several people we "know" are MAing and they seem absolutely fine. Harrington is managing it in a small player pool imagine at 200nl. Virtual impunity.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 12:05:48 AM »

ive friends or people i know who multiaccount at 400nl it probably happens at every stake to some degree

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 12:29:02 AM »

every time you dont allow localised hand histories you get cheating. this has happened time and time again on the internet. Im all for robs ideas in principle but to eradicate huds (fine by me) you need to remove hh's, which leads to temptation and cheating. Would need a huge anti-fraud/cheat/bot/collusion team to police, ESPECIALLY with omaha and very deep holdem.
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 12:34:08 AM »

Have any games ran yet?

Like the idea just can't see them running at all

Just me
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 01:45:15 AM »

Hi - I received this mail from Phil Galfond tonight

Hi Simon!

Thank Rob for his kind words. I completely agree with the first 3 chapters, however on the other points;

4. Poker sites have tried for many years to ban tracking softwares in the early 2000`s, but it was so much work to do against smart software wizards that they ultimately decided to allow it (hard truth)

5.I completely disagree with this, and I dont think that if someone is able to 16-table gives him an extra edge. I even think that an amateur who is 1-tabling has some more chances to outplay a multitabling pro because he is more attentive to the dynamics, when othwerwise maybe he would have been owned. I have more reasons against Rob, but I guess this is enough to make my point.

6. Disagree. If someone is not good at 6max then they should learn, or don`t play. It is just as simple.

7.I partially agree. I think that every respected site should start what I like to call "separating tables". They shoul have shallow tables where the buy-in is 30bb, and standard tables where the buy-in is 100bb.

8.I am happy that Rob shares the same feelings about "pros" who just don`t understand where their money come from. Unofurtunately I don`t think we will see to early a change about this.

I don`t mind if you post this to add to any discussion you guys are having. If you are going to, I could go into more detail on each point a little more, but that`s ok.

Good luck man.

Phil

DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 02:50:07 AM »

Have any games ran yet?

Like the idea just can't see them running at all

Hello everyone

These new tables do not go live till Sunday and players cannot sit down at a table unless they have signed up here beforehand http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/online-club-cash-games-sign-up.php

There is no need to get into specifics 'what if this happens, what about this scenario, how about this and that etc etc', we could do the same with the live club about dress code and be here all day debating what sports trainers 'really are' and when the 'exact date' of Summer comes to allow shorts. These rules for the Online Club Cash Games are absolutely crystal clear to me and it is my job to manage different circumstances as they arise, exactly like I have to do in live club, further more, players are not going to accidentally sit at these tables and accidentally break the rules because;

The rules are detailed line by line on the Online Club Cash Games information page http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/online-club-cash-games.php. You must then sign up BEFORE you can play. The sign up page http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/online-club-cash-games.php asks you to tick each of the 3 rules individually, then you are asked to tick that you understand the potential consequences of breaking them, then you are asked a further 2 times if you are sure you would like play under these rules. When you first sit at the table, the dealer reminds you again of the rules in the chat.

I suggest, after going through this process, that if you suddenly forget these rules or think of a situation that makes you now unable to abide by them - just don't play! We will manage this online room along the same lines as the live club, which is by the rules but also always in the interests of fairness. We only expect a few tables, maybe some nights we might not even get a game, that makes the job much easier for us to manage these tables as if they were live in the club, every single player has already been through our doors, we have verified ID and contact details. This is very different to a normal management/online customer relationship. When I have issues with a player in the live club, as people on here have witnessed, I don't hesitate to email/call or pull them aside face to face, I will be using the same methods with players at these online tables. I expect this to be a nice place to play online cash games,  it will take time to build because it is  'Club Members Only' and 'Sign Up Only'. If you look in the lobby, games are as low as £0.05p - £0.10p, with a £2.50 to £10.00 buy-in, I wanted to include these smaller stakes so that our live tourney players at the club could learn cash games at a lower cost and also learn PLO. The lowest stakes we do at DTD is £0.50p-£1.00p, so this online club cash games will also serve as a potentially learning area.

You can help us out by signing up today! http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/online-club-cash-games-sign-up.php

Cheers Simon
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 03:17:38 AM by DTD-ACES » Logged

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2013, 04:42:38 AM »

I'm pretty sure the Harrington25/Harrington10 accounts have both been banned, but I'm given to understand he has a pretty extensive network of accounts to use/buy and stars/ftp can't just auto ban someone that Galfond/Sauce etc suspect to be him even though those guys will prolly be right a very very high % of the time, takes a bit of time to investigate. I'm sure though, that as soon as the HS guys have a hunch they will tell each other and his MA'ing loses a huge amount of it's benefits instantly.

There are several people we "know" are MAing and they seem absolutely fine. Harrington is managing it in a small player pool imagine at 200nl. Virtual impunity.

Is he managing it though? He has to find new accounts every month, will always have a sweat getting his money off and the player pool he is attempting to exploit is the smallest and best players in the world, so they figure out pretty quick - a new account shows up out of no-where at HS/Nosebleed PLO and seems to play quite well is always going to be an auto suspect of a Harrington MA. His style and preferences are well known to the players he is playing so IDK how successful he really is.

at 200NL for example you'll be almost impossible to stop, but the advantages of MA'ing in 200NL in most player pools are pretty slim given how large those pools will be, you will have mush less actual history and understanding of recent history on most regulars and with players coming and going all the time you'll gain very little edge. If the sites took my system of suspending accounts for un-ethical behavior then the MA's would be getting suspended, forcing them to, if they wanted to persist with this behavior, to constantly find new accounts, fund them, avade being caught - hopefully they just realise it isnt worth the time and just cut half the shady bull-shit out.

iPoker, you can change names/accounts whenever you want, so in affect MA'ing is in action all the time. It becomes part of the game, guessing who is who - but you'd be surprised how many regs stay with the same accounts, or who are pretty open about past names because have moved for legit reasons. So you don't really gain as much of an advantage outside of very condensed player pools.

ive friends or people i know who multiaccount at 400nl it probably happens at every stake to some degree

Do they feel like this gives them a benefit that justifies the efforts they are going to? Would you consider these guys "good" players?

As a complete recreational fish, reading these posts regarding what goes on at the cash tables is enough to put me off for life.

What sort of levels are we talking about here?  Surely not the 50/1 level.

My perception is that the underhand tactics are widespread.  What sort of message is this sending out to people who just want to have a quick game and maybe win a little?

We don't stand a chance.

Will certainly give the DTD games a blast.

Yes, this is sadly how a lot of people will see it, which is a crying shame because in all honesty the VAST majority of regular online players play the game the right way, give action and don't participate in these shady underhanded tactics. However a few (usually the worst players) found a few ways to exploit the system and have profited from it, as these tactics came to more public knowledge more of the guys who would never have stooped to this level start to as a defensive strategy.

It happens at all levels, but I think it's mostly rampant at mid-mid/high (3/6 - 10/20~)

One thing I will say though, is that the shady nonsense that goes on IS NOT aimed to deceive or cheat the recreational players, it's direct victims are the other regulars, the reason it rolls back into the recreational player pool is because, firstly, it looks very shady ( all this moving seats/tables/sitting in and out etc) and secondly the games are not starting and breaking more often, basically the other regs put more focus on not getting grimmed by the few and less focus on providing a good, fun and enjoyable atmosphere for the recreational players - which is a responsibility all regular players have.

5.I completely disagree with this, and I dont think that if someone is able to 16-table gives him an extra edge. I even think that an amateur who is 1-tabling has some more chances to outplay a multitabling pro because he is more attentive to the dynamics, when othwerwise maybe he would have been owned. I have more reasons against Rob, but I guess this is enough to make my point.

Galfond agreeing with me brag - quoted for reference.

every time you dont allow localised hand histories you get cheating. this has happened time and time again on the internet. Im all for robs ideas in principle but to eradicate huds (fine by me) you need to remove hh's, which leads to temptation and cheating. Would need a huge anti-fraud/cheat/bot/collusion team to police, ESPECIALLY with omaha and very deep holdem.

Very good point - a high % of cases of collusion/cheating is identified by PLAYERS, who have used the data they have collected to form the evidence. Like Galfond says as well if you do ban the tracking software then it's even more incentive for the technical geniuses to work a way round it because they will have a substantial edge if the majority of the other regs can't use it. Data mining has to go, tracking software here to stay I feel (as much as i'd love otherwise)

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2013, 08:00:07 AM »

Will players real life IDs be open to all who play these tables?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2013, 08:51:10 AM »

Believe there's a table named after the father.

For that reason (amongst others), I'm in.

Allez!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: