blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:31:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Short term 180s backing...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Short term 180s backing...  (Read 30607 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2013, 05:37:59 PM »

Why on earth is this thread getting spammed? A professional poker player is trying to sort backing out so he can continue playing and he has had to cope with some absolutely ridiculous posts in the thread. This is unbelievably tilting and wouldn't be tolerated in a DTD thread or in many other topics in the forum. I have no clue what people are doing. So far we have had someone try to invest who completely failed to read the 70/30 part, about 3 people pop up and go what 70/30 are you serious, and then a bunch of other mindless drivel. Honestly, find some other thread for this.

With respect, this is a public forum. People post their opinions on the topics that interest them, just as you have.

The vast majority, if not all of the posters on here wish Ray the very best, myself included.

In a public forum there may be topics such as "RIP Mr Smith" In this topic it would be seen as rude and disgusting behaviour to go around posting such pictures. Perhaps a topic such as this should be classified as the same? Not all threads on public forums require the same decorum when it comes to posting.

This should be classified the same as a RIP thread?

Do you think referring to other people's posts as "Mindless drivel" would be fitting in that case?

The older I get, the better I was.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2013, 05:40:56 PM »

Why on earth is this thread getting spammed? A professional poker player is trying to sort backing out so he can continue playing and he has had to cope with some absolutely ridiculous posts in the thread. This is unbelievably tilting and wouldn't be tolerated in a DTD thread or in many other topics in the forum. I have no clue what people are doing. So far we have had someone try to invest who completely failed to read the 70/30 part, about 3 people pop up and go what 70/30 are you serious, and then a bunch of other mindless drivel. Honestly, find some other thread for this.

With respect, this is a public forum. People post their opinions on the topics that interest them, just as you have.

The vast majority, if not all of the posters on here wish Ray the very best, myself included.

In a public forum there may be topics such as "RIP Mr Smith" In this topic it would be seen as rude and disgusting behaviour to go around posting such pictures. Perhaps a topic such as this should be classified as the same? Not all threads on public forums require the same decorum when it comes to posting.

Do you think referring to other people's posts as "Mindless drivel" would be fitting in that case?
No but having some respect for a professional trying to get some backing might be worthwhile. You can completely ignore the gist of my points if you want but I'm clearly not going to change your mind so w.e.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2013, 05:45:05 PM »

No but having some respect for a professional trying to get some backing might be worthwhile. You can completely ignore the gist of my points if you want but I'm clearly not going to change your mind so w.e.

I'm not ignoring your points, I'm just disagreeing with you, and I'm managing to do it without saying that what you write is mindless drivel.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2013, 05:45:33 PM »

Hi Adam

Not sure if Ray is unhappy? Suspect not but he can let us know

It makes no difference if a Pro or an amateur asks for staking. Its an open thread, and people are entitled to question the terms of any staking, whether as onlookers or whether as potential investors

Any humour/de-rail etc is no different to any other "normal" blonde thread, staking or not and I think you are being a little precious, and exaggerating quite a lot, to seek to compare it to any "RIP" thread where I have never ever seen any humour or de-rail in 8 years of blonde and counting

cheers

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2013, 05:48:19 PM »

Not sure if Ray is unhappy?

depends how many beers deep he is

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2013, 06:03:21 PM »

Hi Adam

It makes no difference if a Pro or an amateur asks for staking. Its an open thread, and people are entitled to question the terms of any staking, whether as onlookers or whether as potential investors

Any humour/de-rail etc is no different to any other "normal" blonde thread, staking or not and I think you are being a little precious, and exaggerating quite a lot, to seek to compare it to any "RIP" thread where I have never ever seen any humour or de-rail in 8 years of blonde and counting

cheers

Meh don't think Adam is being precious at all.

So many dubious posts itt it's amazing.

Op asks for staking, gets told he's a terrible punt by somebody, and then a few people start posting pictures and act like children over what the 'deal' is.

Thankfully due to OP's rep he's sold out in no time, but I can totally see why someone might find the whole de-rail of fred as off putting from an actual staking point of view.

Obv being a bit of a hypocrite by debating this whole thing myself, let's just get back to the poker.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2013, 06:04:22 PM »

really doubt anyone is going to back ray that already doesn't know him and/or wouldn't find at least some of the drivel funny.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2013, 06:06:37 PM »

Not sure if Ray is unhappy?

depends how many beers deep he is

Oioiiiiiiii

Everyone's entitled to say anything they like, and so they should.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2013, 06:06:46 PM »

He wasn't told he was a terrible punt, he was told his stake package was a terrible punt. Not words I would have used, but some people don't do constructive criticism.

If Ray was at all unhappy, he could have had a word with a mod. He didn't

All this coming to his defence over something where he's quite capable of fighting his own corner, and indeed did is a bit odd, in my opinion

My eyes are open wide
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2013, 06:09:21 PM »

the 'terrible punt' was an awful statement.

trying to say +ev stake, low variance but ITS TERRIBLE because i'm a degen is ridic.

Questioning the payouts I have no problem with, asking for justification fine. but coming in and giving your own opinion based on your own personal criteria then preaching that it's a terrible stake is bad form imo.
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2013, 06:09:56 PM »

He wasn't told he was a terrible punt, he was told his stake package was a terrible punt. Not words I would have used, but some people don't do constructive criticism.

If Ray was at all unhappy, he could have had a word with a mod. He didn't

All this coming to his defence over something where he's quite capable of fighting his own corner, and indeed did is a bit odd, in my opinion

Don't see how it's odd, just my opinion.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2013, 06:12:52 PM »

Hi Adam

cheers
I was simply using the first example that sprang to mind of a thread in which such posts would not be welcome. This appears to have made my point irrelevant. Open thread or not I don't think it is right to be posting like this in someones topic. And I certainly think it makes a difference when it is a poster who is playing for a living compared to if not. If a conversation like this sprung up in one of my schedule posts I would not mind so much, but Ray is clearly in a bit of a situation, and I thought this would be a reason to have a little respect.

Exchanges like this are incredibly a touch frustrating for me and I would imagine so for Ray as well. It isn't constructive in anyway at all. I don't see why this should be allowed in the staking boards. I know Tomsom posted a few pics as well, but his were regarding the comments in the topic. I'm not sure why if I have an opinion I am being precious? Why would you choose this word? I am a investor in this topic/package and have an interest in seeing it nice and clean with easy access to updates. I am not fighting Ray's corner, I am fighting mine as an investor in both this package and the marketplace.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:14:30 PM by rfgqqabc » Logged

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2013, 06:16:02 PM »

comparing it to a RIP thread was the precious part, I thought.

Makes absolutely no difference if a person seeking staking is a Pro or not, we're pretty clear on that on blonde most of the time

Anyway, everyone wishes Ray all the best

My eyes are open wide
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2013, 06:17:04 PM »

Obv being a bit of a hypocrite by debating this whole thing myself, let's just get back to the poker.

Basically then, you know your being a hypocrite, but you still want to have your say and then lets get back to the poker.

So your different from the rest of us how?

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2013, 06:18:41 PM »

comparing it to a RIP thread was the precious part, I thought.

Makes absolutely no difference if a person seeking staking is a Pro or not, we're pretty clear on that on blonde most of the time

Anyway, everyone wishes Ray all the best

Professional who has been openly honest about being extremely short of cash.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: