blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:22:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread  (Read 521540 times)
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: April 28, 2014, 05:21:28 PM »

Just feel that men that try to avoid their responsibilities to their children are deserving of contempt in general.  It appears that he doesn't dispute the fact that he supports himself through playing poker yet is willing to use the legal definition of his profession to get out of paying child support.  Using the letter of the law in this way is pretty low.  All imo of course.  Would you disagree?

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #766 on: April 28, 2014, 05:29:15 PM »

Just feel that men that try to avoid their responsibilities to their children are deserving of contempt in general.  It appears that he doesn't dispute the fact that he supports himself through playing poker yet is willing to use the legal definition of his profession to get out of paying child support.  Using the letter of the law in this way is pretty low.  All imo of course.  Would you disagree?

Only is so far as I don't know the facts. I mean, she might be driving around in a Range Rover and wearing Prada because she's shacked up with some wealthy tosser who the kid / kids are now referring to as 'Dad'.

The older I get, the better I was.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 28, 2014, 05:31:55 PM »

Only is so far as I don't know the facts. I mean, she might be driving around in a Range Rover and wearing Prada because she's shacked up with some wealthy tosser who the kid / kids are now referring to as 'Dad'.

even if that was the case why would that stop his financial responsibility as their father?
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 28, 2014, 05:34:05 PM »

True but even if she was if it was me I would want to know for my own piece of mind that I had done the right thing.  If I am not with her anymore I don't care what she does and I can't control how she behaves but I can control my behaviour and do the right thing by my children.  Even if she is screwing me around and not letting me have access I want to know that in the future I can look them in the eye and say I did the right thing.  Going to court in this manner can only damage his relationship with his kids in the future and surely that is what is important?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #769 on: April 28, 2014, 05:40:57 PM »

even if that was the case why would that stop his financial responsibility as their father?

Well I certainly wouldn't be falling over myself to pay maintenance to my well off, unfaithful wife for 15yo son who spits in my eye and calls me a tosser every time I see him.

Of course that may not be the case and Red might be 100% correct, I just don't think it's fair to just assume he's a scumbag.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 28, 2014, 05:43:14 PM »

I have never really understood why the revenue doesn't think they can do this.  The IRS manage to do it fine in the States. 

They would have to pass legislation to create a new tax schedule (as the court precedents found that it isn't covered by the existing ones) and require anyone who gambles to make a return and have the systems to process these returns.  So doubtful that it would be viable, but if they thought it was.....  
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #771 on: April 28, 2014, 09:38:19 PM »

Link (below) the the judges reasoning on the case.

http://bit.ly/1lbA7Ij

Including all of the gambling related legal previous rulings
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 09:40:20 PM by neeko » Logged

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 28, 2014, 11:49:26 PM »

Shouldn't waste our time discussing whether child benefits should or shouldn't be paid when we don't know the story behind it. If the father isn't entitled to pay support, then he can decide for himself if he still wishes to pay. I am sure most good people would just happily support their children if everything was hunky dory. But it usually isn't.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 04, 2014, 11:54:02 AM »

Camel's 20 quid notes that he put in the mail

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #774 on: May 04, 2014, 12:20:31 PM »

Mantis.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: May 04, 2014, 12:29:11 PM »

Camel's 20 quid notes that he put in the mail

😀😀

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 10, 2014, 11:30:25 AM »

Pokerineurope.com and Poker Europa magazine.

For that matter, Nic Szermeta too.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 10, 2014, 11:39:01 AM »

Weird you mention Nic Szermeta, I spotted his name on the UKIPT @ DTD Chip counts yesterday. Not seen him for a good few years.

Wiki tells me he is over 70 now, good Lord.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nic_Szeremeta

Back in the day, PokerEuropa Magazine was a must read for most of us in poker. It was weird, a single magazine printed in 3 or 4 different languages. It had a "Results Section" at the back, too, which we all (or many of us) scoured avidly.

I used to write Tourney Reports for them, think I got £150 a whack, then someone - still in poker - pulled a bit of a stroke on me, by writing Tourney Reports for Poker Europa simply from reading blonde Live Updates, hr never even attended the Events, lol.

It became a quite busy Online Site & Forum later, but it sort of fell behind the times I think.

I seem to recall that Nic was in partnership with Jon Shoreman, who I believe still plays Mixed Cash Games at The Vic.

I had a few business dealings with Jon. Sharp cookie, I'd rather be on his side than against him. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 10, 2014, 11:39:35 AM »

Last time I can remember reading those two publications must be about 2007?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 10, 2014, 11:42:23 AM »

poker europa closed, then a "poker europa 52" magazine launched published and edited out of Russia, focussing on the european scene

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 154 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: