blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:53:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 ... 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread  (Read 522865 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: June 11, 2014, 06:14:22 AM »

I haven't logged into Blonde for a couple of weeks & like a few others have decided to leave Blonde. Some have different reasons, but mine are purely due to other users and to an extent one of the moderators.

I will also echo what Camel has said in regards to Doobs, I don't think he realises how many people he annoys or insults with all the stuff that he posts. The sly insults Doobs has at numerous members, including myself & others are just sad, so I can see why camel has said what he has. I'm not even sure why the moderators don't see it either, but hey. I'm old enough not to care, but I'm not here to be patronised about stuff or have things brought up from months ago. So Doobs, for this forum, please take a different attitude to people on here.

A few other members also, including mods getting digs in.

It's boring and tedious.

I'm sorry to single Doobs out - but until its been said in a public post then perhaps he will never stop with the attitude he has towards other users, I've shared numerous messages with others saying the exact sane thing! No idea why the moderators don't see it.

I will be involved with the Ascot competition & I think that will be me done with Blonde. It really isn't worth it to be having digs or constantly put down by others.

Aaron
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #856 on: June 11, 2014, 06:47:27 AM »

For what it's worth, I would like to say that I think of Doobs as helpful, accurate, (extremely) patient and supportive.

Obviously, other people can have their own opinions but I would feel remiss if I didn't point out that I view him as one of the most valuable contributors to this forum.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 11, 2014, 08:01:07 AM »

Everybody's sense of humour?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 11, 2014, 09:26:37 AM »

Aaron1867 hasn't logged on in weeks, he was involved in ascot competition as well!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 21, 2014, 02:06:50 PM »

John tabatabai

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 21, 2014, 02:15:55 PM »

Had a cool day with Keith on Thursday that only the England team could ruin, met him at Ripon with Trigg, Middy and Ash. Was great to see him and he was certainly in good form after going 2/2 - he may correct me and say 3/3. Still a great judge even when not at his best Smiley
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 21, 2014, 02:19:57 PM »

John tabatabai

Was going to say he went to Colombia, but no posts at all on his twitter for ages.  Saw him at a Betfair event a couple of years ago and he was on good form.  Can't help further.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 21, 2014, 02:20:28 PM »

John tabatabai

He was out in Malta, but that was last year... He is godfather to the son of a friend of mine, so I'll find out from him what John is up to.

I'm pretty sure he has done the old settle down bit now, and has a mrs etc.

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 21, 2014, 02:45:22 PM »

John tabatabai

He was out in Malta, but that was last year... He is godfather to the son of a friend of mine, so I'll find out from him what John is up to.

Ofc me and you Mark know John KunkuWap from our ladbrokes days 2004/5...I think we all met up at Docklands for the Bad Beat Launch ?

Can you remember how crazy mental and "young" he was then especially with his 1000 words per minute chat abuse ?     Smiley 

Then he some how gets put in by Punk Floyd for 10 K and comes second to Anette in the first WSOP Europe , then he  gets Betfair Sponsorship  talkabout  right place right time etc 

Really Nice Guy and Great Times.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 21, 2014, 03:25:09 PM »

John tabatabai

Ofc me and you Mark know John KunkuWap from our ladbrokes days 2004/5...I think we all met up at Docklands for the Bad Beat Launch ?

Can you remember how crazy mental and "young" he was then especially with his 1000 words per minute chat abuse ?     Smiley 

Then he some how gets put in by Punk Floyd for 10 K and comes second to Anette in the first WSOP Europe , then he  gets Betfair Sponsorship  talkabout  right place right time etc 

The Poker Bunker that was owned/run by Rich Redmond 'Squelch', who now lives out in Australia with his wife and 2 kids.

I remember the first time I met John, he was on Uni placement near me, and we had arranged a night out in Bournemouth. I was in the office working, and this small boy walked through the door asking for Mark. I obviously wondered who it was, and couldn't believe it when he introduced himself Cheesy

John was playing for Badbeat at that time, and  has been doing well, so Chris Smith (Zim) put him in a £1k satellite at the 50 in Mayfair. There was a miscommunication, and John didn't actually know the date of the sat. Chris then says '**** that, I'm not paying another 1k for you not to turn up, lets just put you in the damn tournament'

Worked out pretty well for all concerned Cheesy

Agreed, a top chap indeed!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 21, 2014, 04:05:57 PM »

John tabatabai

The Poker Bunker that was owned/run by Rich Redmond 'Squelch', who now lives out in Australia with his wife and 2 kids.

I remember the first time I met John, he was on Uni placement near me, and we had arranged a night out in Bournemouth. I was in the office working, and this small boy walked through the door asking for Mark. I obviously wondered who it was, and couldn't believe it when he introduced himself Cheesy

John was playing for Badbeat at that time, and  has been doing well, so Chris Smith (Zim) put him in a £1k satellite at the 50 in Mayfair. There was a miscommunication, and John didn't actually know the date of the sat. Chris then says '**** that, I'm not paying another 1k for you not to turn up, lets just put you in the damn tournament'

Worked out pretty well for all concerned Cheesy

Agreed, a top chap indeed!

What is Chris Smith doing these days?

He was incredibly supportive & helpful to blonde, & to me, & took me out to dinner a few times at posh eateies in Kensinhton to discuss various bits of business.

blonde was in deep money trouble at the time, with disaffected Shareholders & the like threatening to close the site down. Chris repeatedly told me "if you ever need a thing - anything - for blonde, be it money or help, just say the word".

I barely knew him really, though we subsequently got to know each other very well, & I visited his office a few times, where WSOP Bracelet winner "James Begins With A V But I've Forgotten His Name Now" was then working as a Trader.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 21, 2014, 04:06:47 PM »

Remembered his name - James Vogl.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 21, 2014, 04:21:17 PM »

james occasionally plays at the vic, but went (back, i think) to a high powered career in the city

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 21, 2014, 04:39:26 PM »

He was incredibly supportive & helpful to blonde, & to me, & took me out to dinner a few times at posh eateies in Kensinhton to discuss various bits of business.

blonde was in deep money trouble at the time, with disaffected Shareholders & the like threatening to close the site down. Chris repeatedly told me "if you ever need a thing - anything - for blonde, be it money or help, just say the word".

I barely knew him really, though we subsequently got to know each other very well, & I visited his office a few times, where WSOP Bracelet winner "James Begins With A V But I've Forgotten His Name Now" was then working as a Trader.

Chris moved back to Monte Carlo a few years back, for tax reasons I presume Smiley

Riccardo's on the Fulham Road?

Chris definitely is an absolute hero, and you know someone loves the game when they're just as happy playing $10 MTTs online, as they are playing £1k comps live.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 21, 2014, 04:51:15 PM »

Chris moved back to Monte Carlo a few years back, for tax reasons I presume Smiley

Riccardo's on the Fulham Road?

Chris definitely is an absolute hero, and you know someone loves the game when they're just as happy playing $10 MTTs online, as they are playing £1k comps live.

Yes, that was the place, Italian, we usualy dined under a sort of external "awning", sort of on the pavement. I had Spag Bol the first 3 times. Can't remember what I had the next time, think it was Spag Bol.

I'll drop Chris a note this morning, as I'd like to meet up with him again. Fingers crossed, I'll be in Monaco in August, too. Maybe.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 ... 154 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: