blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:02:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 ... 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread  (Read 522502 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: June 10, 2014, 12:13:05 AM »

Stay well Keith. 

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: June 10, 2014, 12:17:30 AM »

Stay well Keith.  You've made comebacks twice before, so I'll hold out hope of a third one at some point when you're good and ready.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: June 10, 2014, 12:18:52 AM »

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: June 10, 2014, 12:20:29 AM »

Sad

Hope you feel ready to comeback at some point.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: June 10, 2014, 12:44:15 AM »

All the best Keith.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 10, 2014, 12:49:36 AM »

All the best Keith.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: June 10, 2014, 01:17:42 AM »

Camel? Has he fallen out with us?

I was guessing it was the fall out from Euros@spotgate, lots of comments about him in his pants, I would have been concerned coming back too if members kept picturing me in my underwear

Not too upset to bring it up on twitter again.  

I don't want this to sound too melodramatic, because "bloke stops posting on an internet forum" isn't really a big deal, is it?

But a couple of concerned PMs hit my inbox over the last day or two and they touched me rather. So it wouldn't be fair to them (or anyone else who was worried) to just be wondering where if I was ok or not and where I had gone.

I've suffered from clinical depression for most of my adult life.

It comes and goes but it's there sitting in the corner of mind pretty much all of the time.

The last few months have been particularly sticky for me really for lots of different reasons.

I gave up visiting Blondepoker a while ago after some stupid confrontation I overreacted to and was happy with my decision, but tikay asked me to come back, I felt I was in a slightly better place mentally so I gave it a go.

Only to have another flare up almost immediately.

Blondepoker used to make happy, but now it either makes me angry when people like Doobs just makes shit up like he has in the post above, or sad when I am forced to take insults from illiterate half wits which I felt the moderators should have removed immediately.

And as I have very little inclination to play poker at the moment, and seemingly little in common with many posters any more it's best for me to step away until I am better equipped to deal with issues that make me sad or angry.

I get my internet fix on Twitter, where the block button is such a satisfying tool. See some of you there no doubt xx

All I did was make a throw away comment as you were taking part in the Andrew Teng "banter" on twitter.  I don't make shit up.

Cos ‏@Greekstein  Jun 4
So one UK player just won 450k in the millionaire maker and is now selling his $$ for a 5% vig. That just feels dirty to me.
Details     Reply  Retweet  Favourite   More
 Sam Razavi ‏@Sam_Razavi  Jun 4
@Greekstein Hadn't heard of him before yesterday but my respect went from one end of the spectrum to the other in 24 hours.
 Keith Hawkins ‏@keiththecamel  Jun 4
@Sam_Razavi @Greekstein Little wonder when Pokernews mentioned his rail it didn't include a single British player.     

amongst others. 

I genuinely hope you get better soon.   Depression can be a terrible illness.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 10, 2014, 01:37:42 AM »

I was guessing it was the fall out from Euros@spotgate, lots of comments about him in his pants, I would have been concerned coming back too if members kept picturing me in my underwear

I don't want this to sound too melodramatic, because "bloke stops posting on an internet forum" isn't really a big deal, is it?

But a couple of concerned PMs hit my inbox over the last day or two and they touched me rather. So it wouldn't be fair to them (or anyone else who was worried) to just be wondering where if I was ok or not and where I had gone.

It comes and goes but it's there sitting in the corner of mind pretty much all of the time.

The last few months have been particularly sticky for me really for lots of different reasons.

I gave up visiting Blondepoker a while ago after some stupid confrontation I overreacted to and was happy with my decision, but tikay asked me to come back, I felt I was in a slightly better place mentally so I gave it a go.

Blondepoker used to make happy, but now it either makes me angry when people like Doobs just makes shit up like he has in the post above, or sad when I am forced to take insults from illiterate half wits which I felt the moderators should have removed immediately.

And as I have very little inclination to play poker at the moment, and seemingly little in common with many posters any more it's best for me to step away until I am better equipped to deal with issues that make me sad or angry.

I get my internet fix on Twitter, where the block button is such a satisfying tool. See some of you there no doubt xx

You'll be missed mate but Blonde isn't going anywhere.  Funnily enough I sometimes have similar periods and I always know I am feeling better when I can start looking at blonde in small doses but if it aggravates it there is no upside.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 01:40:13 AM by redarmi » Logged

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 10, 2014, 01:46:23 AM »

All the best Keith.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: June 10, 2014, 02:29:16 AM »

All I did was make a throw away comment as you were taking part in the Andrew Teng "banter" on twitter.  I don't make shit up.

Cos ‏@Greekstein  Jun 4
So one UK player just won 450k in the millionaire maker and is now selling his $$ for a 5% vig. That just feels dirty to me.
 Sam Razavi ‏@Sam_Razavi  Jun 4
@Greekstein Hadn't heard of him before yesterday but my respect went from one end of the spectrum to the other in 24 hours.
 Keith Hawkins ‏@keiththecamel  Jun 4
@Sam_Razavi @Greekstein Little wonder when Pokernews mentioned his rail it didn't include a single British player.     

amongst others. 

I genuinely hope you get better soon.   Depression can be a terrible illness.

Without wishing to get into an argument.

I stopped posting because of the fallout of the Micheal Piper thread. Of which I regret some of my involvement.

Those tweets are clearly about Andrew Teng. Which I do not regret.

Two completely different subjects.

So you are factually incorrect if not deliberately shit stirring.

On a different note, thankyou for the kind messages and PMs. I am at a very low ebb right now, but I'm sure I'll be back one day.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: June 11, 2014, 02:13:01 AM »

Hi Camel, I had no idea, tbh I thought u may have got depressed cos of the dollars I've knocked in every time you bought :/ (light hearted joke, b4 the police arrive 😃).

I wish you well, I can relate to depression a lot as it goes, I take some silly medication every day to keep on an even keel. I already know I'm mad so that's half my battle lol.

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon, I find it really quite sad when people don't seem to get the whole depression thing, and find a lot of ppl are ignorant with it, specially if you gamble because THAT has to be the reason why we are depressed. utter codge imo, I mean don't get me wrong it gives u much more freedom when you are winning but honestly if someone asked me did the money ever make me happy, I would say no every time, my happiness came from making other people happy funnily enough.

Best wishes Keith and always here if you want a chat xxx
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: June 11, 2014, 02:22:52 AM »

Take care Keith. 
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: June 11, 2014, 02:24:02 AM »

And in relation to blonde members, everyone literally everyone is going to have different opinions, that is fact, I admire your determination of plugging on with what you see is right. half the players these days don't get respect amongst gamblers, I've been guilty of it in the past.

A lot of things on any forum can be taken way out of context. I mean I used to let it bother me when I would specifically ask someone a question and they couldn't be bothered to answer, or you would congratulate people on their success and they would just act all arrogant and Billy big time, nowadays I just laugh inside. I don't dislike these ppl, I just find it weird how a lot of people seem so fickle. I take Mondi as a classic example, if he won 500k 2 morrow still think he would be gracious and dignified with all his posts he would not ignore people who he thought were lesser than him and would still continue his poker professionally. I haven't even met monda and I just know he is a decent boy, and I think if he had anything to say he would come right out and say it.

You and ppl like Cos are good for blonde because you say it how it is and people don't always like to hear the truth.

but remember everyone is going to forge an opinion, most people think I'm a complete mug, but I try to brush it off as if they sat down and had a dinner with me they would probably come to a completely different conclusion.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 11, 2014, 02:30:35 AM »

half the things people write on here, they wouldn't dream of saying to your face so honestly wouldn't worry about it.

forums create debates, not everyone agrees and sometimes it can get very heated. It's a shame but that's life I guess, if there was no drama it would be pretty boring, and not being funny but loads of people secretly love some of the debates you create because it creates drama and not everyone will agree which in turn makes it go all like eastenders and we all know that everyone loves a good episode of eastenders x

yabba dabba do

p.s I have not consumed any alcohol this evening. 😃
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: June 11, 2014, 02:49:13 AM »

Sorry but I feel quite strongly about this,  so gonna leave u a song to hopefully cheer you up xx

Michael Buble - Thats Life: http://youtu.be/Li0z_tETXWg
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 02:52:13 AM by dreenie » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 ... 154 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: