blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:28:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread  (Read 518957 times)
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: November 17, 2013, 03:09:29 PM »

£50 between everyone? don't mean to sound callous, but seems like this grim has been treated very lightly compared to otheres

I am a big Boldie fan, when I met him he was a top guy and all the times I interacted with him on and off blonde he seemed like a top bloke so I'm just glad the good people of blonde have been so excellent with not pushing this and letting him get his life in order first.

That said, he definitely needs to resolve the debt issues with his stakers at some point so the question was definitely not an unfair one and could have been met with a better response.

Apologies if my replies come across as nasty because it's definitely not meant that way.  If I hadn't been quoted in the first place I wouldn't have replied at all, but I didn't want to ignore it when asked directly. 

In this case, individuals are owed significantly less than the other cases where there's uproar.  Most are owed £50 - £100 and would spend more than that on a night out.  Add Boldie's horrible breakdown into the mix and their attempts to get life back on track since, and I guess that's why there's not been as much uproar here. 

I absolutely agree with you and think he should resolve it at some point, but it's not me who owes the money so I can't give a better answer than that.  Anyone involved in the staking who would like to contact him is welcome to.  All I can do is hope he honours the debt when they're in a position to do so.

I really couldn't give a toss about the money, think I had £150 in it. I have met Boldie a few times and liked him and actually worked next in the same company as his wife for a while and thought we got on well also. When it all kicked off I was only concerned he get home safe etc. What did disappoint me a bit was that I noticed i had been un-friended on Facebook at that time.... but meh whatever I suppose..... 
Jono3131

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 17, 2013, 04:13:50 PM »

Roberto Romenello

James Keys

Nikhil Persud

Roland de Wolfe

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 17, 2013, 04:17:49 PM »

James Keys has been in the Far East. Now back and was playing DTD yesterday

Not aware that Roberto or Nik have gone anywhere. both visible on the circuit

Roland certainly plays less poker

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 17, 2013, 04:23:28 PM »

£50 between everyone? don't mean to sound callous, but seems like this grim has been treated very lightly compared to otheres

I am a big Boldie fan, when I met him he was a top guy and all the times I interacted with him on and off blonde he seemed like a top bloke so I'm just glad the good people of blonde have been so excellent with not pushing this and letting him get his life in order first.

That said, he definitely needs to resolve the debt issues with his stakers at some point so the question was definitely not an unfair one and could have been met with a better response.

Apologies if my replies come across as nasty because it's definitely not meant that way.  If I hadn't been quoted in the first place I wouldn't have replied at all, but I didn't want to ignore it when asked directly. 

In this case, individuals are owed significantly less than the other cases where there's uproar.  Most are owed £50 - £100 and would spend more than that on a night out.  Add Boldie's horrible breakdown into the mix and their attempts to get life back on track since, and I guess that's why there's not been as much uproar here. 

I absolutely agree with you and think he should resolve it at some point, but it's not me who owes the money so I can't give a better answer than that.  Anyone involved in the staking who would like to contact him is welcome to.  All I can do is hope he honours the debt when they're in a position to do so.

I really couldn't give a toss about the money, think I had £150 in it. I have met Boldie a few times and liked him and actually worked next in the same company as his wife for a while and thought we got on well also. When it all kicked off I was only concerned he get home safe etc. What did disappoint me a bit was that I noticed i had been un-friended on Facebook at that time.... but meh whatever I suppose..... 

I think he deleted nearly everybody from FB relating to poker whilst he sorted himself out...I'd do the same if I was ever in his position, less temptation.
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: November 17, 2013, 04:24:55 PM »

I think he deleted nearly everybody from FB relating to poker whilst he sorted himself out...I'd do the same if I was ever in his position, less temptation.

Meant his wife don't recall him on Facebook.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 17, 2013, 04:30:50 PM »

How is Keys doing on Pokerstars recently?

I heard he has switched from cash games to playing a huge volume of tournaments.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 17, 2013, 04:33:23 PM »

I believe Roland only really plays big cash games at Les A.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Jono3131

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 17, 2013, 06:10:50 PM »

What about Wazz?!? I remember he posted a ton of drivel (and bits of worthwhile stuff) in about a 2 week window where he said he wasn't doing it just to abuse the staking board. I also remember a few people defending him. Is he still posting?
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 17, 2013, 07:25:24 PM »

What about Wazz?!? I remember he posted a ton of drivel (and bits of worthwhile stuff) in about a 2 week window where he said he wasn't doing it just to abuse the staking board. I also remember a few people defending him. Is he still posting?

There is a search bar in the top corner, guessing you must've missed it, type in wazz, press search, his username will come up multiple times, click on it, there is a feature "show the last posts of this person", click on it.
Jono3131

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 17, 2013, 07:48:13 PM »

There is a search bar in the top corner, guessing you must've missed it, type in wazz, press search, his username will come up multiple times, click on it, there is a feature "show the last posts of this person", click on it.

his name comes up, but only written by other people. certainly can't click on it and select the feature you mention...
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: November 17, 2013, 08:17:54 PM »

his name comes up, but only written by other people. certainly can't click on it and select the feature you mention...

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=11607;sa=showPosts

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 17, 2013, 08:30:30 PM »

When I did it it came up with threads and posts he's made. If I was looking to find out if he was posting like you were, if the search feature failed me and I was aware he sold a package I'd have gone to the staking forum and found him via that route.
Beaver808

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: November 17, 2013, 11:11:30 PM »

This thread is like a who's who on the forum when I joined. I was introduced to Blonde at the Blonde Bash @ Alea in Leeds back in 2009 - I still regularly read but don't contribute as much as I should. It was however my 30th b'day this weekend and my lovely Mrs. Beaver has surprised me with a 4 day trip to Vegas next week so expect a lot of questions over the next few days about what and where to play.

The general plan is to spin up what limited spare cash I have into a bigger amount of cash at the NL & PLO tables. Oh, and seeing Penn & Teller too... SCORE!!

Behavioral therapy guy - England Golf Squad Manager - Micro-stakes grinder

www.radtherapy.co.uk - www.peakstategolf.co.uk
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: November 18, 2013, 12:26:00 AM »

Lucy Rokach

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 18, 2013, 02:09:49 AM »

Dean23Price? Used to grind a huge volume of tournaments.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 154 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: