blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:13:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 ... 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread  (Read 519115 times)
philthepower

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: February 10, 2014, 12:38:59 PM »

Kevin the bouncer that always used to threaten everyone at gala notts lol

Haha I remember him dealing himself a bad beat vs me with 11 or so left in a tournament and then launched the deck across the room. I thought I was next

Was he the guy that had that dodgy boozer on the A46 between Nottingham & Leicester?

He was bothered by the dodgy goings-on & poor tourney organisation @ Gala Notts, so organised a private game in the boozer, & got Taffy to run it.

You can't make this stuff up, eh?

No that was someone else Tony. Mick McCool was involved in that scheme and they actually approached me with an offer to be the TD.

I think the Kev they are talking about is Kev Ward who is actually terrific company and has a great dry sense of humour, although he can get slightly emotional when suffering bad beats.

He's a very very hard man but I've never seen him lay a finger on anyone in the twenty-odd years that I've known him. Loves a growl though.

Perfectly described Ralph. I think Kev would rank in the top 3 of people you've ever known, who you'd least like to get in a fight with. If you'd not met him before and just outdrawn him, (and, God forbid, apologised) then you would have rather been caught stealing Mike Tyson's tiger by the man himself.

He did have, as you described, a very dry sense of humour and normally I'd run a mile to get away from a bad-beat story, but he delivered them in such a tired, Les Dawson style world-weariness that I remember crying with laughter every time.

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 10, 2014, 01:15:44 PM »

Shootout tournaments!

Last seen live many years ago?
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 10, 2014, 02:19:45 PM »

Shootout tournaments!

Last seen live many years ago?

Still have them at WSOP. They are a bit of an arse organisation wise and not sure they really are that popular, you need a field of some size to make them work.

littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 12, 2014, 01:44:53 PM »

Kevin the bouncer that always used to threaten everyone at gala notts lol

Haha I remember him dealing himself a bad beat vs me with 11 or so left in a tournament and then launched the deck across the room. I thought I was next

Was he the guy that had that dodgy boozer on the A46 between Nottingham & Leicester?

He was bothered by the dodgy goings-on & poor tourney organisation @ Gala Notts, so organised a private game in the boozer, & got Taffy to run it.

You can't make this stuff up, eh?

No that was someone else Tony. Mick McCool was involved in that scheme and they actually approached me with an offer to be the TD.

I think the Kev they are talking about is Kev Ward who is actually terrific company and has a great dry sense of humour, although he can get slightly emotional when suffering bad beats.

He's a very very hard man but I've never seen him lay a finger on anyone in the twenty-odd years that I've known him. Loves a growl though.

Perfectly described Ralph. I think Kev would rank in the top 3 of people you've ever known, who you'd least like to get in a fight with. If you'd not met him before and just outdrawn him, (and, God forbid, apologised) then you would have rather been caught stealing Mike Tyson's tiger by the man himself.

He did have, as you described, a very dry sense of humour and normally I'd run a mile to get away from a bad-beat story, but he delivered them in such a tired, Les Dawson style world-weariness that I remember crying with laughter every time.

love Kev him and Phil on a table together would be my idea of a fun night at poker Smiley saw him not so long back at Alea
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:47:01 PM by littlemissC » Logged
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 13, 2014, 10:05:36 AM »

Alan Glover?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #605 on: February 13, 2014, 10:22:43 AM »

Evilpie Matt.

I miss him. he was blonde's voice of reason. Why doesn't he post any more?

Did Ronnie eat him, Did something put his nose out of joint, did he just outgrow us and move on.....?

It's the not knowing that I can't handle.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 13, 2014, 10:25:04 AM »

Evilpie Matt.

Did Ronnie eat him, Did something put his nose out of joint, did he just outgrow us and move on.....?

We exchanged PM's & Texts last week, & I imagine Methuselah keeps in touch, too.

Reading between the lines, I got the impression he was too busy shagging to bother about Posting on blonde. (Matt, not Methuselah).  

As to "blonde's voice of reason", have you seen the the signature of our resident veteran, Nirvana?

"It's Tighty's thing so let him do as he pleases rather than interfere like a bunch of moronic fuckwits" E. Pie

Voice of reason indeed.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 10:27:51 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 13, 2014, 10:28:06 AM »

Evilpie Matt.

He played the Live element of the Grand Prix. Briefly.

Missed on here, hope all is ok

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 13, 2014, 10:31:15 AM »

John Black?

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 13, 2014, 10:34:50 AM »

Evilpie Matt.

I think he's been abducted by alien huskies.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 10:44:05 AM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 13, 2014, 11:10:47 AM »

Talk of the devil, & he shall appear. (Macbeth, Act 2, scene 3).

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 13, 2014, 11:15:10 AM »

Evilpie Matt.

Hi Tom, Tikay, Tighty

Ralph has just text to let me know that I've finally achieved my life's ambition and been included in the "Whatever happened to" thread.

Thank you all very much for your concern but I can assure you that all is well in my happy little world (and Ronnie's too).

Alien huskies are definitely an issue these days but also I've got a lot on at work so really don't have time to get involved.

I still lurk often and stay in touch with quite a few blondes. Should hopefully be having a curry with Ralph in the near future and I'll also be visiting Tikay soon with big Ron to do a bit of debt collecting.

Hopefully see you all soon.

Matt

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 13, 2014, 11:20:34 AM »

John Black?

Saw him a couple of weeks ago. He's fine. Plays cash in Milton Keynes. Grinds a bit online too, I think.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 13, 2014, 11:21:15 AM »

Evilpie Matt.

Hi Tom, Tikay, Tighty

Ralph has just text to let me know that I've finally achieved my life's ambition and been included in the "Whatever happened to" thread.

Thank you all very much for your concern but I can assure you that all is well in my happy little world (and Ronnie's too).

Alien huskies are definitely an issue these days but also I've got a lot on at work so really don't have time to get involved.

I still lurk often and stay in touch with quite a few blondes. Should hopefully be having a curry with Ralph in the near future and I'll also be visiting Tikay soon with big Ron to do a bit of debt collecting.

Matt

Hi matt!

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 13, 2014, 11:21:17 AM »

Evilpie Matt.

Hi Tom, Tikay, Tighty

Matt

Whoops - did I not send you that staking (lol) money?

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 ... 154 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: